Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All

Author Topic: Garage door opener  (Read 14788 times)

SOCAL296

• Junior CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • CA

• CVO1: 2015 CVO Limited Silver and Maroon
    • CVO2: 2019 CVO Limited Magnetic Gry M8 117
Re: Garage door opener
« Reply #15 on: December 23, 2014, 09:19:45 PM »

Nice choice on colors. I was talking about the Rider backrest though. If I remember correctly, the receiver for the garage door openers was in the same bag as the cover.
DR

Panhead Paul

• Junior CVO Member
« Reply #16 on: December 23, 2014, 11:42:52 PM »

This show you what you wanted to see?

hdaliaconis

• Senior CVO Member
  • 2017 CVO Ultra Limited - 2013 FLHTCUSE8 (Traded)

• CVO1: 2013 CVO Ultra
« Reply #17 on: December 24, 2014, 01:19:52 PM »

Love that color combo.  Congrats! :2vrolijk_21:
Do it now!

hogwild11

• Screamin' Eagle
  • Riding Free and loving every minute of it!!!
    • AL

• CVO1: 2011 FLHTCUSE6
    • CVO2: 2013 FLHTCUSE8
    • CVO3: 2015 FLHTKSE
« Reply #18 on: January 07, 2015, 01:11:36 PM »

My 2015 Limited (FLHTKSE) came with one.  It was in the tour pack wrapped in bubble wrap.
V&H Power Duals
Rinehart Exhaust
Rumbling Pride LED

TXGator

• Elite CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • FL

• CVO1: "JUSTICE" 2014 Jupiter Blue CVO Limited V&H Power Duals, 4.5" Hi Output Slipons SERT
    • CVO2: Non CVO 2015 Heritage Classic... Freedom Performance Racing True Duals, SERT
    • CVO3: My 16YO's first Harley... 2005 Sporty 883, Cobra Slash Cuts
« Reply #19 on: January 07, 2015, 03:16:26 PM »

Looks the same as the backrest that came with "Justice"

Major Tom

• Senior CVO Member
    • LA

• CVO1: Blue n Blue 2015 FLTRUSE - Lucille
    • CVO2: Grey n' Black 2011 FLTRUSE - Bertha (Sold)
« Reply #20 on: January 07, 2015, 05:08:20 PM »

I got one with my 15 SERGU. Has anybody hooked one of these up? I have no idea how to get it to operate. I can follow the HD manual side but have no owners manual for my garage door opener (chamberlain liftmaster professional 1/2 hp) and where its wired does not have any indication of which is which. I can get the HD receiver to recognise my bike and the high/low beam toggle but when I toggle the door does not move. I can only assume I am sticking the wires in the wrong place. I am trying to attach a picture, if someone could tell me which slot the red wire goes in and which slot the red and black wire goes in I would be much appreciative.

Cheers Tom

OBB

• 5k CVO Member
  • aka Ohiobellboy
    • OH

• CVO1: 2011 Slate/Black SERGU** traded
    • CVO2: 2015 Double Blue SERGU
    • CVO3: 2012 SERG Blue
« Reply #21 on: January 07, 2015, 05:50:54 PM »

I got one with my 15 SERGU. Has anybody hooked one of these up? I have no idea how to get it to operate. I can follow the HD manual side but have no owners manual for my garage door opener (chamberlain liftmaster professional 1/2 hp) and where its wired does not have any indication of which is which. I can get the HD receiver to recognise my bike and the high/low beam toggle but when I toggle the door does not move. I can only assume I am sticking the wires in the wrong place. I am trying to attach a picture, if someone could tell me which slot the red wire goes in and which slot the red and black wire goes in I would be much appreciative.

Cheers Tom

Got a model number off of it? Tons of manuals found using Google. Once you have the model, I'm sure someone will chime in.
https://www.google.com/search?q=chamberlain+liftmaster+professional+1%2F2+hp+manual&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8
PHOTOBUCKET IS HOLDING MY PIX HOSTAGE!!!

Major Tom

• Senior CVO Member
    • LA

« Reply #22 on: January 07, 2015, 06:18:28 PM »

Thanks OBB,

Have looked in manuals and talked to company. Tech SPT never heard of a remote control operated from a motorcycle the way that the HD one is designed. They are going to follow up and get back to me. Fingers crossed they will find someone who has done it or someone from the site will have done it and will post a picture of how they did it so I can stand on the shoulders of those who have gone before.

Cheers Tom

Panhead Paul

• Junior CVO Member
« Reply #23 on: January 07, 2015, 06:55:33 PM »

Go into the vendors section and there is a thread there about chamberlin openers.  He has the solution for around $50 bucks.  I'm a happy customer.

Panhead Paul

• Junior CVO Member
« Reply #24 on: January 07, 2015, 06:56:52 PM »

grc

• 10K CVO Member
  • AKA Grouchy Old Fart
    • IN

• CVO1: 2005 SEEG2
« Reply #25 on: January 07, 2015, 07:12:36 PM »

Thanks OBB,

Have looked in manuals and talked to company. Tech SPT never heard of a remote control operated from a motorcycle the way that the HD one is designed. They are going to follow up and get back to me. Fingers crossed they will find someone who has done it or someone from the site will have done it and will post a picture of how they did it so I can stand on the shoulders of those who have gone before.

Cheers Tom

If this is a recent model Chamberlain with the Smart wall control panel (digital display, time/temp/etc), you need to use a different method to make the opener work.  The least expensive way is to run the wires from the Harley receiver to the wall control panel and then solder them to the contacts for the actual open/close switch.  The other is to buy a module mentioned in the thread Panhead Paul posted.

Jerry
Jerry - 2005 Cherry SEEG  -  Member # 1155

H-D and me  -  a classic love / hate relationship.  Current score:  love 40, hate 50, bewildered 10.

Major Tom

• Senior CVO Member
    • LA

« Reply #26 on: January 08, 2015, 12:36:56 AM »

Thanks very much guys. Will be able to sort it out one way or the other from the info provided.

Cheers Tom

RonandJanet

• 1K CVO Member
« Reply #27 on: January 08, 2015, 01:49:45 PM »

Mine was real easy. I am pretty sure the bike side has the Chamberlin as well with the security plus part. If I recall correctly the wires plug in were the wires from the wall push button go into the opener. When you toggle the passing lights the unit hooped up to the open simply acts like the wall button (I don't recall if it was shorted or open when engaged). I can look closer tonight if you want at exactly which connectors the wires went to.

Major Tom

• Senior CVO Member
    • LA

« Reply #28 on: January 08, 2015, 02:15:55 PM »

Mine was real easy. I am pretty sure the bike side has the Chamberlin as well with the security plus part. If I recall correctly the wires plug in were the wires from the wall push button go into the opener. When you toggle the passing lights the unit hooped up to the open simply acts like the wall button (I don't recall if it was shorted or open when engaged). I can look closer tonight if you want at exactly which connectors the wires went to.

Thanks RonandJanet that would be very much appreciated.

Cheers Tom

grc

• 10K CVO Member
  • AKA Grouchy Old Fart
    • IN

• CVO1: 2005 SEEG2
« Reply #29 on: January 08, 2015, 04:24:50 PM »

Which type/model opener do you have?  That is important information that's needed to give you accurate responses.  If you just have a simple pushbutton on the wall, the solution is simple.  If you have the fancy control panel on the wall, simply connecting the Harley wires at the GD power unit won't work.

Jerry
Jerry - 2005 Cherry SEEG  -  Member # 1155

H-D and me  -  a classic love / hate relationship.  Current score:  love 40, hate 50, bewildered 10.
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All

Page created in 0.167 seconds with 21 queries.