Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: CLANKY/CLUNKY DRIVETRAIN  (Read 1701 times)

donvito

• Full CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • CA

CLANKY/CLUNKY DRIVETRAIN
« on: December 24, 2014, 06:58:16 PM »

Merry Xmas to everyone. Got a question took the 2012 Custom out yesterday when we finally got a break in the weather. This is only the 2nd or 3rd time out since I got the bike, but in stop and go riding when I let the clutch out it seems clunky like when you let the clutch out it grabs farther out in the lever, and seems to be clumsy or clanky in the IDS. Is that kind of normal for a hyd clutch with IDS? Its smooth as butter when riding normally on the open road but in traffic it felt clumsy is the best way to describe it.
On a better note my low fuel light came on a 195 and said I had 41 miles to empty....Thank you 6 gallon tank.

mark

Re: CLANKY/CLUNKY DRIVETRAIN
« Reply #1 on: December 25, 2014, 10:19:43 AM »

My hydraulic clutch doesn't clunk.  Regarding the release point: the hydraulic clutch can be different than a cable clutch, and as you probably know, there's no adjustment.  BTW, the service manual calls for replacing the hydraulic clutch fluid every two yrs, so if that hasn't been done on your 2012, it's time. 
« Last Edit: December 25, 2014, 10:25:18 AM by Mark »

GMR-PERFORMANCE

• Vendor
  • 1K CVO Member
    • TX

« Reply #2 on: January 08, 2015, 08:42:15 AM »

Being its a new bike , I would suggest a service manual and start to address a few of the known issues. Take a look inside the primary.
2012 SHARK  S&S 124 150/140   www.gmrperformance.com

donvito

• Full CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • CA

« Reply #3 on: January 08, 2015, 12:06:02 PM »

Can you elaborate on what the "known" problems are? I do have a manuL so digging in to something is not an issue. Thanks.

OlDog

• Full CVO Member
  • The Mistress 4
    • AB

• CVO1: 2011 FLHXSE2 Black Diamond crimson tags. Stage one with V&H slip on ovals. Rider backrest.
« Reply #4 on: January 08, 2015, 04:04:34 PM »

They all do that  ;) ;)

Page created in 0.125 seconds with 22 queries.