Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6  All

Author Topic: The days of bell bottoms and choppers....faded memories  (Read 21678 times)

hdaliaconis

• Senior CVO Member
  • 2017 CVO Ultra Limited - 2013 FLHTCUSE8 (Traded)

• CVO1: 2013 CVO Ultra
Re: The days of bell bottoms and choppers....faded memories
« Reply #45 on: December 29, 2014, 04:20:49 PM »

about 1960 or so.  you can tell by the B&W!!  Still riding after all these years!
Do it now!

Grizzly

• 2.5K CVO Member
    • ON

• CVO1: '05 Jalapeno 1 of 692 sold
    • CVO2: '08 Duracell #601 of 1,800
« Reply #46 on: December 29, 2014, 06:14:04 PM »

about 1960 or so.  you can tell by the B&W!!  Still riding after all these years!

What a wonderful picture!  A real keepsake for sure.

It appears that you are nice, relaxed and very cool handling yourself quite comfortably (building a false sense of security in your competitor's mind) during a slow race...

BTW, who won?
ALL 10 Provinces & ALL Lower 48 States ridden on "MY" bike

NW Territories and Alaska, here I come!

hdaliaconis

• Senior CVO Member

« Reply #47 on: December 29, 2014, 06:23:09 PM »

You're right!  It was a slow race!  Don't remember who won.  Probably not me with that foot clutch!  But  I do have a trophy from back then but don't remember what I did to get it.  Part of getting older I guess.  :D

What a wonderful picture!  A real keepsake for sure.

It appears that you are nice, relaxed and very cool handling yourself quite comfortably (building a false sense of security in your competitor's mind) during a slow race...

BTW, who won?
Do it now!

Chains

• 5k CVO Member
  • 2006 FLHTCUSE
    • FL

« Reply #48 on: December 29, 2014, 07:23:53 PM »

Here is my Triumph in 1969, paint is candy root beer with snake skin pattern on top of tank. Bike was painted by a great painter Don Boecke (the Egyptian) in Dayton, Ohio. If I remember right Don charged me right at $1,800.00 for paint and metal work. That was a ton of cash back the. Will try to find picture of top.  Not a Harley but then again who really cared.  Yes that is my 1967 corvette 427, 425 HP 4 speed.  All that and made around $2.00 per hour.  We worked 14 hours a day 7 days a week back then.  Did that for 3 years straight. Serving an apprenticeship making parts to feed the war machine for Vietnam. Oh, I forgot we weren't at war.
2009 FLHTCUSE
12 inch Monkey bars
Stage one kit
Fullsac SS titanium coated DX dual pipe
Kuryakyn 4 inch Mellow Crushers
Color Matched Bushtec Turbo 2
1st Active member of the CVO Critter Gawkers Society

hdaliaconis

• Senior CVO Member

« Reply #49 on: December 29, 2014, 07:32:41 PM »

Great photos!  Who care what make you were on two wheels and the man!

Here is my Triumph in 1969, paint is candy root beer with snake skin pattern on top of tank. Bike was painted by a great painter Don Boecke (the Egyptian) in Dayton, Ohio. If I remember right Don charged me right at $1,800.00 for paint and metal work. That was a ton of cash back the. Will try to find picture of top.  Not a Harley but then again who really cared.  Yes that is my 1967 corvette 427, 425 HP 4 speed.  All that and made around $2.00 per hour.  We worked 14 hours a day 7 days a week back then.  Did that for 3 years straight. Serving an apprenticeship making parts to feed the war machine for Vietnam. Oh, I forgot we weren't at war.
Do it now!

Sklywag

• 1K CVO Member
    • AZ

• CVO1: 09 Ultra Classic
    • CVO2: 06 CVO Ultra - Sold
« Reply #50 on: December 29, 2014, 07:36:21 PM »

Well I couldn't afford one of them Harleys back then so this was my 1st touring bike.  Bought it in 1966 when I moved to NorCal, If this old memory serves me properly it was a 1963,
305 Honda Dream, I put over 60k miles on that bike in 2 years, it was my only transportation, the wife drove the only car.

The picture is not of mine.  All my pictures from the 60's through the 80's were destroyed by an ExWife.  Actually she is known as "My F*^n Ex Wife...  However the Dream in the picture belonged to Elvis and was on display at Motorcycle de Elegance in Half Moon bay some years ago so I regained a picture of the exact bike.
Bill (Sklywag)
  There are too many roads for one lifetime...

Chains

• 5k CVO Member
  • 2006 FLHTCUSE
    • FL

« Reply #51 on: December 29, 2014, 07:38:52 PM »

Not at bellbottom time but one hell of a faded memory.  My 1984 Shovel. My neighbor found it sitting in a back room at a Honda dealer wasting away, told me and I bought it.  Brought her home took it apart and rebuilt to what you see.  In 1997 I decide to sell it and my son begged me to let him have it.  He wanted something his dad had built.  I signed it over to him, within two weeks he repainted it god awful red and then traded it for a big block Camaro.  I guess old dad wore off pretty fast.
2009 FLHTCUSE
12 inch Monkey bars
Stage one kit

Chains

• 5k CVO Member
  • 2006 FLHTCUSE
    • FL

« Reply #52 on: December 29, 2014, 07:57:56 PM »

Here is the 84 the day I brought it home.  Ugly gold pin stripes and a dented up mess that leaked oil everywhere.
2009 FLHTCUSE
12 inch Monkey bars
Stage one kit

jachd17

• Elite CVO Member
  • 1*
    • MA

• CVO1: 08 FLHTCUSE3
« Reply #53 on: December 29, 2014, 09:17:33 PM »

Well I couldn't afford one of them Harleys back then so this was my 1st touring bike.  Bought it in 1966 when I moved to NorCal, If this old memory serves me properly it was a 1963,
305 Honda Dream, I put over 60k miles on that bike in 2 years, it was my only transportation, the wife drove the only car.

The picture is not of mine.  All my pictures from the 60's through the 80's were destroyed by an ExWife.  Actually she is known as "My F*^n Ex Wife...  However the Dream in the picture belonged to Elvis and was on display at Motorcycle de Elegance in Half Moon bay some years ago so I regained a picture of the exact bike.

Wow, that looks a lot like my first street bike. Mine was a black/chrome 1965 Honda Dream, not the 305 but, if memory serves me correctly, it was a 160 twin. Rumor has it that the bike has been in a local barn with a blown motor since 1984. I may have to check into that. Would be kinda neat to find it and do restoration.......

hdaliaconis

• Senior CVO Member

« Reply #54 on: December 30, 2014, 05:19:24 PM »

Go for it!

Wow, that looks a lot like my first street bike. Mine was a black/chrome 1965 Honda Dream, not the 305 but, if memory serves me correctly, it was a 160 twin. Rumor has it that the bike has been in a local barn with a blown motor since 1984. I may have to check into that. Would be kinda neat to find it and do restoration.......
Do it now!

Grizzly

• 2.5K CVO Member
    • ON

• CVO1: '05 Jalapeno 1 of 692 sold
    • CVO2: '08 Duracell #601 of 1,800
« Reply #55 on: December 30, 2014, 06:25:11 PM »

Hey JC,

This is a little off topic, but the subject you've chosen for this topic sounds like a good movie starring Jack Lemon and Lee Remick.   :P

Classic Movie and Classic Subject.

:2vrolijk_21:                    :2vrolijk_21:   

Now back to our regularly scheduled program with all those cool ol' pics.  Keep 'em comin'.
« Last Edit: December 31, 2014, 07:51:54 AM by Grizzly »
ALL 10 Provinces & ALL Lower 48 States ridden on "MY" bike

NW Territories and Alaska, here I come!

lowflight

• Senior CVO Member
    • AZ

• CVO1: 2013 SERG
« Reply #56 on: December 30, 2014, 07:44:22 PM »

Sturgis later 70's, parking was as much of an issue. I am second from left, you really can not see it but the first bike on the left is Knuckle. We did a bit of wrenching on that trip!

2 ROSE

• Elite CVO Member
    • PA

• CVO1: 2012 CVO Convertible aka “Rose”...my one and only.
« Reply #57 on: December 30, 2014, 08:03:03 PM »

Sturgis later 70's, parking was as much of an issue. I am second from left, you really can not see it but the first bike on the left is Knuckle. We did a bit of wrenching on that trip!

Pretty Cool Pic...

lowflight

• Senior CVO Member
    • AZ

• CVO1: 2013 SERG
« Reply #58 on: December 30, 2014, 11:21:04 PM »

I look at this picture and can feel the God awful hangover I had at the time. We had just returned from a "Horse Roast" club party. My brand new 78 Low Rider was about two months old in this picture, the AMF years. What a POS this picture was in July next trip was Sturgis at about 1400 miles one way and I broke down with a bad valve on the way there, on the way home lost both the front and rear brakes, front fork seal and another valve! I tore it down and took everything off of it to the last nut and bolt, complete redo so I was able to ride with out breaking down. I often think of this bike before the rebuild when I read about all the "problems" with our CVO's. Pretty damn good bikes compared those AMF POS!

2 ROSE

• Elite CVO Member
    • PA

• CVO1: 2012 CVO Convertible aka “Rose”...my one and only.
« Reply #59 on: December 31, 2014, 12:17:35 AM »

Yeah Lowflight,
That picture makes my head hurt just looking at it :-X...
Still pretty cool though.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6  All

Page created in 0.203 seconds with 22 queries.