CVO Technical > Intake/Exhaust/ECM

Does anyone know if.....

(1/3) > >>

Ironhorse:
The '02 Ultras came with catalytic covertors?
Would the right side be heavier than the left?

I have a set of mufflers off an '02 that I want to open up.
I know they won't be up to Performance Muffler standards.
I'm just looking for something a bit quieter than my FullSacs, and a bit louder than OEM.

Thanks

GC_Super:
Pretty sure they didn't, unless they were from Calif.  My 03 EG didn't have em. Do the fullsacs have any packing?  What size baffle are they?

Reason I ask is I've purchased some stock 07 CVO mufflers from a member here. The fullsac pepole say they make great donor muffllers and sound good due to the 1/4 inch outer material which kinda muffles the bark a little. I'm gonna send em off soon as I like the looks of the stockers and if I can get a mellow sounding , good touring muffler I'll be happy.

Ironhorse:
Do you want to try my FullSacs and see if you like the sound? Maybe we could swap for a a week or so?

Hoist!:

--- Quote ---The '02 Ultras came with catalytic covertors?
Would the right side be heavier than the left?

I have a set of mufflers off an '02 that I want to open up.
I know they won't be up to Performance Muffler standards.
[highlight]I'm just looking for something a bit quieter than my FullSacs, and a bit louder than OEM.[/highlight]

Thanks
--- End quote ---

IH, You might want to listen to the S&S SPO's. They're the quietest peformance mufflers I've found. You can listen to them on their website under "Featured Items". The look's aren't for everyone though. Check 'em out. ;) Hoist!  8-)

UK Dave:

--- Quote ---
IH, You might want to listen to the S&S SPO's. They're the quietest peformance mufflers I've found. You can listen to them on their website under "Featured Items". The look's aren't for everyone though. Check 'em out. ;) Hoist!  8-)

--- End quote ---

Guys, I can tell you they don't sound too quiet - they've got a real pleasant rumble that gets noticed but doesn't upset the citizens

They are big though - Here a pic from S&S website

I've had them on for a couple of months now and I have gotten used to the look

As soon as I get my cams and oil pump installed (Mid-Jan I hope) I'll get the PCIII re-tuned with the dyno and we will see what we get - right now they are running fine but feel a little light on Tq low down - Top end feels slightly "free-er" than the V&H ovals that I took off.

Cheers

Dave

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version