Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Finally I coming to get the red  (Read 814 times)

Freja

• Elite CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
Finally I coming to get the red
« on: May 04, 2007, 08:31:31 AM »

Thinking about some updates of the bike:less restrictive airfilter,10,5:1comp,supertrapp 2-1,264 S-E camshaft and bigger throttle body.I will hear your`s opinion on this upgrades.I spoked with my dealer today and he told me that the bike arrive to Sweden in June.And the colour is red..I was chosen between the red and the black one.Will post some pictures when I got it..Please give me same feedback on the updates..Ride safe.. Freja

RJ749

• SEEG Cult Newbie
  • 10K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2006 FLHTCUSE
    • CVO2: 2005 FLHTCSE
    • CVO3: 2002 FXDWG3
Re: Finally I coming to get the red
« Reply #1 on: May 04, 2007, 09:31:39 AM »

Freja, congrats on the Red rocket.  I think you will be very happy with a red one.

As far as the up grades go there are many opinions on what to do I am sure. 

I think you need to reach some of the European members that have done modifications to their bikes, the European models have some difference in the exhaust etc. as I recall from readiong other threads.

You may want to PM, dogols or bisounours  :2vrolijk_21:  I pm'd bisounours for you.

bisounours

• 5k CVO Member
  • First miles the 6th February 2008

« Reply #2 on: May 04, 2007, 10:09:53 AM »

Good afternoon Freja !

Excellent choice for the colour, IMHO !

Concerning the possibles updates, I can't speak about the comp., camshaft or throttle body.
For these points, I think that it's not very different than the US bikes.

If you change your A/C (air cleaner) and your exhausts, you need a new map in the ECM (It's the brain of your bike).
1) You use the SERT from the MoCo and on the last version of software, it's possible to active or not the management of the flaps in the A/C and exhausts. It means that it's possible to dismount the flaps without DTC codes errors if you have a SERT and the right MAP the best TQ/HP.
You need to dismount the stock black backplate with the flap if you mount an SE A/C or other.
With the SERT, you need a dyno for a better performance (You pay your dealer for this job)

2) You buy a ThunderMax with autotune (TM/AT). You swap you stock ECM with the TM/AT. You'll received the TM/AT with the MAP concerning your update. Autotune : It adjusts himself !  No dyno !
If you change something on your bike eg. camshaft, you download the new MAP on the Zipper's website (It's free) and you run ! Concerning the explanations for TM/AT, read the others threads.
No problem with the flaps. TM/AT knows not the flaps.

Concerning the flap in the exhausts : the flap is in the front part of the exhausts. If you change the front and the rear, no problem. If you change only the rear part, the flap need to opened all time.

I hope you understand me, my english is not the best.
Do'nt hesitate to ask me more,

Best regards
Jacques

2)
********2007 FLHTCUSE2 Red/Black**********
  SE RYO A/C and KN filter, V&H dressers duals and
          oval, TM/AT map#364, SE 251 cams.
     2008 FLHTCUSE3, White Frost and Silver Mist
              (Casper) -> 6th February 2008
             SE 251 cams/Torrington bearings,
      SE pushrods, SE High compression pistons,
             A/C Big sucker, V&H dresser duals ,
             Fullsac baffles, SE Pro Super Tuner.
2011 FLHXSE2, Stage1

Freja

• Elite CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #3 on: May 04, 2007, 03:06:56 PM »

thanks for your answer,when I spoke to my dealer he told me that thats the flaps gonna be removed.

Page created in 0.181 seconds with 23 queries.