Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All

Author Topic: Wiring for headphone jack  (Read 8082 times)

Bubba

• 1K CVO Member
  • LIVE TO RIDE! RIDE TO EAT!

• CVO1: 2006 CUSE B/S
Re: Wiring for headphone jack
« Reply #30 on: July 02, 2007, 10:58:26 PM »

Don
You are going to have to get a trailer to carry the Tractor Trailer Truck BATTERIES around with him to power all that stuff.... ;D

bubba
Any-day above ground is worth living so let's go riding!!!

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
  • EBCM #1.5 Emeritus DSP # ? Critter Gawker #?
    • MO

• CVO1: 2000 Triple Red Screamin' Eagle Road Glide
    • CVO2: 2002 Candy Brandywine Screamin' Eagle Road King
    • CVO3: 1999 Arresting Red FXR2
« Reply #31 on: July 02, 2007, 11:11:49 PM »

Well I hope they don't come out w/something you have to have. I would hate for you to be stuck trying to decide what you could do w/o so you could add something new. :nervous:

:pumpkin:
Ride Safe,
Fired00d
 :fireman:

Can't imagine what it might be.  I'd strongly look at retrofitting a compact and effective ABS package should such a thing be presented.  Doubt any of it would be inside the fairing though.

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
    • MO

« Reply #32 on: July 02, 2007, 11:15:54 PM »

Don
You are going to have to get a trailer to carry the Tractor Trailer Truck BATTERIES around with him to power all that stuff.... ;D

bubba

The amps are digital.  Surprisingly small draw there.  The HID headlights were actually a net gain for the charging system.  The other things are momentary.  The big accessory draws are the heat in the seat or Gerbing clothes when those are used.

MObe

• Elite CVO Member
  • Damn, Those Jalapeno's are HOT!
« Reply #33 on: July 03, 2007, 12:57:30 AM »

Puzzled;  I wound up finding some on e-bay from a gal in Florida who goes by the name "resistor girl".

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=120129897374&ssPageName=MERC_VIC_RSCC_Pr4_PcY_BIN_Stores_IT&refitem=120123811660&itemcount=4&refwidgetloc=closed_view_item&usedrule1=StoreCatToStoreCat&refwidgettype=cross_promot_widget

Bought a pack of 20 for a grand total of $7.75

Then went to radio shack and bought the mini spade ends, pulled the plastic covers off, soldered a male on one end and a female on the other end of the resistor, covered them with heat shrink tubing and then plugged them right in to the low power leads.
MObe

Chief

• 5k CVO Member
  • EBCM #4-3/8
« Reply #34 on: July 03, 2007, 07:32:47 AM »

Well I hope they don't come out w/something you have to have. I would hate for you to be stuck trying to decide what you could do w/o so you could add something new. :nervous:

:pumpkin:
Ride Safe,
Fired00d
 :fireman:

You mean like the ABS Module? That would be a hard decision to make, Hawg Wired or ABS.

Oh, should have read all of the thread before posting.

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
    • MO

« Reply #35 on: July 03, 2007, 12:11:49 PM »

You mean like the ABS Module? That would be a hard decision to make, Hawg Wired or ABS.

Oh, should have read all of the thread before posting.

I doubt they'd hang the module in there Chuck.  Those CARB docs don't have suggest ABS will be on touring models next year.  But it's still all guesspeculation until we actually see the bikes.

Still though, I doubt a high pressure pump with a few fittings would be hung inside the fairing.  My guess is midbike under the batter tray on touring models.  Of course that's only if they can make a unit small enough to work there (or if they steal the hardware the BMW had has out for several years now.

Chief

• 5k CVO Member
  • EBCM #4-3/8
« Reply #36 on: July 03, 2007, 12:24:29 PM »

I doubt they'd hang the module in there Chuck.  Those CARB docs don't have suggest ABS will be on touring models next year.  But it's still all guesspeculation until we actually see the bikes.

Still though, I doubt a high pressure pump with a few fittings would be hung inside the fairing.  My guess is midbike under the batter tray on touring models.  Of course that's only if they can make a unit small enough to work there (or if they steal the hardware the BMW had has out for several years now.

I have always assumed it was two wheel ABS. I'm beginning to garner that motorcycle ABS may only be rear wheel. I've never really thought about it much I guess, but getting more interested as time goes by.

I bet Legend would hate to see anything stuck in their 'reserved' space.

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
    • MO

« Reply #37 on: July 03, 2007, 12:38:14 PM »

I have always assumed it was two wheel ABS. I'm beginning to garner that motorcycle ABS may only be rear wheel. I've never really thought about it much I guess, but getting more interested as time goes by.

I bet Legend would hate to see anything stuck in their 'reserved' space.

Had thought about those mounting implications.  Power Commander hangs their unit down there on touring models as does the Legends compressor unit.  Open space is at a premium on a bike.  That does seem the most likely place to hang a new unit while allowing room for a bit of plumbing in and out.  You could even do a two wheel system if a dual line rather than a single line was plumbed along the frame rails down low.  Would mean lots of other changes in interoperability of the front and rear controls of course.  Or they could just wimp out and make it rear wheel only.  Would be simpler for them.  Would also still be some benefit.  Though I'd hope they'd to the whole package if they were going to do it.

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member
  • This chit ain't ROCKET SCIENCE!!!!

• CVO1: '07C FLHRSE3, BLACK ICE OF COURSE, CUSTOM 110" TC 6-SPEED +++, "CYBIL"!!!
    • CVO2: '99 FXR3 BRIGHT & DARK CANDY BLUE W/FLAMES, STAGE II 80" EVO 5-SPEED +++, "JOY"!!!
    • CVO3: 4: & 5: '85 FXWG BLACK w/CUSTOM FLAMES, 110" EVO 6-SPEED +++ CVO style!!!; '08 NSMC PROSG CUSTOM FXR BASED PRO STREET BLACK, 89" EVO 5-SPEED, VERY FAST!!!; '09 NSMC HSTBBR CUSTOM RIGID HOISTBOBBER, SILVER METALFLAKE BATES SOLO SEAT & TIN w/BLACK WISHBONE FRAME, 80" EVO (w/Shovelhead bottom end) 4-SPEED! VERY COOL!!!
« Reply #38 on: July 03, 2007, 01:28:24 PM »

There's no reason they can't redesign the FL's side covers and what's behind them to accommodate a reasonable sized ABS module! ;) Hoist! 8)
"We wanna be free to ride our machines without being hassled by The Man!"

Traxxion Dynamics Suspension Rules! "It ain't braggin' if you can back it up!"

"Cause I'm sitting on top of the world!" (zoom in on satellite map in my Profile)

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
    • MO

« Reply #39 on: July 03, 2007, 02:44:43 PM »

There's no reason they can't redesign the FL's side covers and what's behind them to accommodate a reasonable sized ABS module! ;) Hoist! 8)

Thought about that too.  Other hardware inside would likely get re-engineered for different mountings as a result.  For purely retrofit reason I'm hoping that (if they do something) they do it in a clean spot that doesn't change much else  :huepfenlol2: .
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All

Page created in 0.127 seconds with 21 queries.