Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5  All

Author Topic: Zaino  (Read 15439 times)

spydglide

• 10K CVO Member
  • spyder-psychle
Re: Zaino
« Reply #45 on: December 08, 2006, 10:20:32 PM »

Well, now I'm confused......are we gonna use the Glare/smell like a Honda Polish on our scooters 'cause it's the best shine/scratch remover or not.  Ya'll get me started in one direction and : WHAM !!  A 360.  :o  Gotta spend more time reading these posts, I guess.  :-/ har!  spyder
2004 FLHTCSE Cobalt 'Huckleberry'  .....94K+mi.     &  1994 FLSTN 'OleGranny' .....116K+mi.

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member
  • This chit ain't ROCKET SCIENCE!!!!

• CVO1: '07C FLHRSE3, BLACK ICE OF COURSE, CUSTOM 110" TC 6-SPEED +++, "CYBIL"!!!
    • CVO2: '99 FXR3 BRIGHT & DARK CANDY BLUE W/FLAMES, STAGE II 80" EVO 5-SPEED +++, "JOY"!!!
    • CVO3: 4: & 5: '85 FXWG BLACK w/CUSTOM FLAMES, 110" EVO 6-SPEED +++ CVO style!!!; '08 NSMC PROSG CUSTOM FXR BASED PRO STREET BLACK, 89" EVO 5-SPEED, VERY FAST!!!; '09 NSMC HSTBBR CUSTOM RIGID HOISTBOBBER, SILVER METALFLAKE BATES SOLO SEAT & TIN w/BLACK WISHBONE FRAME, 80" EVO (w/Shovelhead bottom end) 4-SPEED! VERY COOL!!!
« Reply #46 on: December 08, 2006, 11:58:56 PM »

[highlight]Hello Fellow Bikers!]Sorry for the lack of introduction on my part on my first post as I was too busy defending an accusation of misrepresentation on behalf of GLARE which as you know is always taken very seriously.
"We wanna be free to ride our machines without being hassled by The Man!"

Traxxion Dynamics Suspension Rules! "It ain't braggin' if you can back it up!"

"Cause I'm sitting on top of the world!" (zoom in on satellite map in my Profile)

DCFIREMANN

• 2.5K CVO Member
« Reply #47 on: December 09, 2006, 03:28:06 AM »

Ken thanks for your reply. As I am one who does and has used Zaino for YEARS. I like most others here will wait for DHT's test result. His test may not as technicial as Honda's were but under Flouresent lighting you can and will see EVERYTHING. I have had a few good looking vehicles in the past and have always used Zaino. If the test results show your product better I am always ready for a change. Tooooo bad I have a 3 year supply of Zaino though.

Thanks again and welcome to the site.

Be Safe

THE DAWG
cvo 1  04 FLHTCSEI  Qrange/Black AKA Ole Punkin
cvo 2 05 VRSCXe Orange/Black sold
cvo 3 02 FXDWG2 Black/Gold 
cvo 4 04 FLHTCSE Blue/Black  sold
cvo 5 09 FLHTCUSE4 Red/Marron sold
cvo 6 12 FLHTCUSE Blue Saphire/Stardust Silver AKA Saphire
cvo 7 14 FLHTKSE  Blaze/Maroon
2020 CVO Limited

PROUD MEMBER EBCM #1.75 Second in command of this great organization

Also has been placed on
TRIPLE SECRET PROBATION

110tHunDer

• 10K CVO Member
« Reply #48 on: December 09, 2006, 07:46:47 AM »

. . . There is apparently still a difference of opinion to resolve. I personally would like to hear about the results of DHT's test. And you should be confident that, if your claims are accurate, your product will exceed the performance of your competitor's products. Frankly, I'm hoping that's the case myself.  I bought your Concourse kit last month, and it would be nice to confirm that I did buy the best possible product available.

Hoist, I know you don't have your CVO yet, but don'tcha have anything you can try your Glare out on yourself??? [smiley=nixweiss.gif]

SBB

• 10K CVO Member
  • Go fast or go home! EBCM member # 2.36 .01%
    • CVO2: 2011.5 SEUC
    • CVO3: 2012 SERG
« Reply #49 on: December 09, 2006, 08:04:05 AM »

Hoist, I know you don't have your CVO yet, but don'tcha have anything you can try your Glare out on yourself??? [smiley=nixweiss.gif]

Exactly Brian!

Is orange better? Is cherry the fastest? Is black and blue best looking?
Hell it's all personal choice!
The test is fine but  [smiley=beatdeadhorse.gif]  is not necessary.
If someone likes one over the other then use it.
Go out there and polish that bike!
It's 22 here and we can't ride till lunch so I'm gonna go put some of that cheap chit I use on the Classic! It's been a week since it's been waxed! I'm a little behind on the wax schedule!

Go Brian!

[smiley=xyxthumbs.gif]

2012      SERG  "Nu Blue"
2018      Goldwing   
2003      HD Electra Glide Classic Silver and Black, of course!                
2 2012   Suzuki Burgmans
2018      Shelby GT350, 963 crank hp, 825 rear wheel hp

Fired00d

• Global Moderator
  • 25K CVO Member
  • Orange & Black SEEG... Can it get any better?
    • VA

• CVO1: FLHTCSE
« Reply #50 on: December 09, 2006, 08:33:53 AM »

Exactly Brian!

The test is fine but  [smiley=beatdeadhorse.gif]  is not necessary.
If someone likes one over the other then use it.
Go out there and polish that bike!
It's 22 here and we can't ride till lunch so I'm gonna go put some of that cheap chit I use on the Classic! It's been a week since it's been waxed! I'm a little behind on the wax schedule!

Go Brian!

[smiley=xyxthumbs.gif]
Exactly!!!!!! This entire chemical compound jargon doesn't help me understand what I want to know. I would rather take the endorsement/comments of members I know here that have used the product.

For those that were a bit taken by Glarepro's first post take a step back and think how you would react if someone said they were an authority (in this case Chemist) on the subject and something you represented/said was "challenged" and called "ludicrous" and asked you to prove it....

In terms of various other products creating a covalent bond with the paint, [highlight]I seriously doubt this claim.  I have a degree in chemistry, and know something about this subject.  I would challenge any manufacturer or sales person to tell me what compound in the paint is bonded to what compound in the product.[/highlight]  The answer is almost predictable:  this is a proprietary secret.  I would love to be proven wrong.  While these specialty polishes may do a great job, many other products will do just as well. I frequently ask car collectors what they prefer, and the answer is shocking:  the majority like Turtle Wax!!!  I personally have no experience with it!

I ordered some of the Glare products, as it may well be a superior polish to Meguiars, Harley, or Zaino.  I also read few things on their site about their so-called covalent bond.  [highlight]It is 100% ludicrous![/highlight]  First they talk about the negative charge that forms the bond (negative charged particles cause ionic bonds such as that seen in salt: NaCl).  These are weak bonds in that the individual atoms separate in water.  Then they go on to claim that the negative charge forms a covalent bond
:pumpkin: 2004 Screamin’ Eagle Electra Glide :pumpkin:
Rinehart True Duals
SE Breather
SE Race Tuner
HogTunes Speakers
Zippers 575 Gear Drive Cams
Zippers Pro-Tapered Adjustable Push Rods
Zippers Oil Pressure Bypass Shim
Feuling Oil Pump
Feuling Lifters
Zumo 550 W/Flame Caps
Lyndall Z+ Brake Pads
CVOHarley Member #1234
PGR Member #754 (Since '05)
Proud Member EBCM #2.0

Boatman

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: 2014 CVO Limited
    • CVO2: 2010 SEUC-accident victim-gone
    • CVO3: 2005 SEEG-traded on 2010
« Reply #51 on: December 09, 2006, 08:50:29 AM »

I don't believe you can purchase a bad polish, wax, or sealer in today's marketplace.
« Last Edit: December 09, 2006, 08:51:20 AM by Boatman »

spydglide

• 10K CVO Member
  • spyder-psychle
« Reply #52 on: December 09, 2006, 09:30:52 AM »

Exactly Brian!

The test is fine but
2004 FLHTCSE Cobalt 'Huckleberry'  .....94K+mi.     &  1994 FLSTN 'OleGranny' .....116K+mi.

erniezap

• Global Moderator
  • 2.5K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2012 SEUC - Black/Orange
« Reply #53 on: December 09, 2006, 10:43:48 AM »

Ken,

Welcome to the site!  Like quite a few others here, I bought the concourse kit on the recommendation of the people on this site.  I've used the Groitt's stuff and McGuiers previously.  I decided to try it on one of my saddlebag lids that had quite a few surface scratches from passengers getting on and off.  These scratches didn't come out with the 2 products mentioned in this thread.  All I can say is that I followed the directions for the 3 products in the kit, and while it's a bit time consuming, I have a very shiny, scratch-free lid again!  Now all I have to do is get the ambition to do the rest of the bike...
2012 Black/Orange SEUC

spydglide

• 10K CVO Member
  • spyder-psychle
« Reply #54 on: December 09, 2006, 11:02:24 AM »

Ken,

Welcome to the site!

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member

• CVO1: '07C FLHRSE3, BLACK ICE OF COURSE, CUSTOM 110" TC 6-SPEED +++, "CYBIL"!!!
    • CVO2: '99 FXR3 BRIGHT & DARK CANDY BLUE W/FLAMES, STAGE II 80" EVO 5-SPEED +++, "JOY"!!!
    • CVO3: 4: & 5: '85 FXWG BLACK w/CUSTOM FLAMES, 110" EVO 6-SPEED +++ CVO style!!!; '08 NSMC PROSG CUSTOM FXR BASED PRO STREET BLACK, 89" EVO 5-SPEED, VERY FAST!!!; '09 NSMC HSTBBR CUSTOM RIGID HOISTBOBBER, SILVER METALFLAKE BATES SOLO SEAT & TIN w/BLACK WISHBONE FRAME, 80" EVO (w/Shovelhead bottom end) 4-SPEED! VERY COOL!!!
« Reply #55 on: December 09, 2006, 11:48:25 AM »

Not when it's 17 deg I don't! Plus if you think I'm gonna take the time to do the "Pepsi Challange" vs. using my old Zymol polish now, NOT! If I'm convinced by people I think I can rely on that something's better , I'll try it. If it's not better, Oh well. In the summer, sometimes the bike only gets washed by sitting in the rain!

"Cause I'm sitting on top of the world!" (zoom in on satellite map in my Profile)

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
  • EBCM #1.5 Emeritus DSP # ? Critter Gawker #?
    • MO

• CVO1: 2000 Triple Red Screamin' Eagle Road Glide
    • CVO2: 2002 Candy Brandywine Screamin' Eagle Road King
    • CVO3: 1999 Arresting Red FXR2
« Reply #56 on: December 09, 2006, 11:49:14 AM »

Ken, welcome and thanks.  I'll be as technical as I know how here.  I really like the shiny chit  [smiley=xyxthumbs.gif] .

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member

« Reply #57 on: December 09, 2006, 04:14:07 PM »

Ken, welcome and thanks.

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
  • EBCM #1.5 Emeritus DSP # ? Critter Gawker #?
    • MO

• CVO1: 2000 Triple Red Screamin' Eagle Road Glide
    • CVO2: 2002 Candy Brandywine Screamin' Eagle Road King
    • CVO3: 1999 Arresting Red FXR2
« Reply #58 on: December 09, 2006, 04:15:57 PM »

Don, this is a little too technical for us. Can you please restate that in laymen's terms?

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member

« Reply #59 on: December 09, 2006, 04:17:55 PM »

For you buddy, anything.

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5  All

Page created in 0.182 seconds with 25 queries.