Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: customer service & you  (Read 1848 times)

shovelhead71

• Senior CVO Member
  • its a way of life
customer service & you
« on: May 20, 2005, 07:42:14 AM »

what do you expect when you walk to the service counter at your shop or any other shop? how about during while your bike is in the shop - what is your expectations ?
does yoru service personel explain your invoice with you before you ask ? where you advised of the total before you picked it up? was it washed ? what pisses you off about service counter folks ?
here is a good one - if you are litterally a dumb a-- - do you expect someone to treat you like your a genius and kiss your rear while your at the service counter ??

Coolbreeze

• 1K CVO Member
  • Bridge to nowhere...
Re: customer service & you
« Reply #1 on: May 20, 2005, 04:36:31 PM »

Of course I do!  That's why I tape a hundred dollar bill to forehead... [smiley=nixweiss.gif]
2005 Red SEEG
2002 Low Rider
New Kitchen
New Laundry Room
Two New Nieces! (w/ frayed Brother-in-Law)

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
  • EBCM #1.5 Emeritus DSP # ? Critter Gawker #?
    • MO

• CVO1: 2000 Triple Red Screamin' Eagle Road Glide
    • CVO2: 2002 Candy Brandywine Screamin' Eagle Road King
    • CVO3: 1999 Arresting Red FXR2
« Reply #2 on: May 20, 2005, 04:45:01 PM »

do you expect someone to treat you like your a genius and kiss your rear while your at the service counter ??

Expect?  No.  But if she's cute a guy can hope; can't he?

110tHunDer

• 10K CVO Member
« Reply #3 on: May 24, 2005, 09:12:34 PM »

ok - so this question sucks - so buy me a miller genuine draft when we meet and I will delete it  [smiley=beerchug.gif] [smiley=beerchug.gif] [smiley=beerchug.gif] [smiley=beerchug.gif]

[smiley=lolk.gif]  It's a deal, shovelhead.  Rather than delete the questions, though, let's just discuss 'em over that cold one you're talkin' about.  Somehow, I think these would all turn into great questions once we got past the first round! [smiley=drink.gif] [smiley=drink.gif] [smiley=drink.gif] [smiley=drink.gif] [smiley=drink.gif] [smiley=laugh.gif]

16HD117

• When I was fifteen I wanted to be older. This is not what I expected!
  • 2.5K CVO Member
  • AKA 04hd103,AKA 07hd110,AKA 11hd110,AKA 16hd110
« Reply #4 on: May 24, 2005, 09:38:39 PM »

[smiley=lolk.gif]  It's a deal, shovelhead.  Rather than delete the questions, though, let's just discuss 'em over that cold one you're talkin' about.  Somehow, I think these would all turn into great questions once we got past the first round! [smiley=drink.gif] [smiley=drink.gif] [smiley=drink.gif] [smiley=drink.gif] [smiley=drink.gif] [smiley=laugh.gif]

Speaking of cold ones.  

Customer service is a two way street.  You treat your service writer and tech well, and they'll do the same for you.  Of course it always helps if you bring em a case of their favorite beer when you pick up your bike! [smiley=drink.gif]

Remember, bring the beer when you pick the bike up, NOT when you drop it off![smiley=xyxthumbs.gif]

Who say's you can't buy love!

Life's journey is not to arrive safely at the grave in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out shouting Holy Chit......... What a Ride!

hd2003-se2005

« Reply #5 on: May 24, 2005, 09:54:11 PM »

Speaking of cold ones.  

Customer service is a two way street.  You treat your service writer and tech well, and they'll do the same for you.  Of course it always helps if you bring em a case of their favorite beer when you pick up your bike! [smiley=drink.gif]

Remember, bring the beer when you pick the bike up, NOT when you drop it off![smiley=xyxthumbs.gif]

Who say's you can't buy love!

04hd103 is correct!!!!!

Those little things you do for your service tech go a long way.

Had a flat on the Lowrider in Myrtle Beach. Plugged it and sealed it and Nancy rode it home. Had a busy Monday so stopped by the Harley shop on the way home today. Waiting to see the service advisor I was listening to a customer requesting a tire change done NOW. And he wasn't very nice in his request. He was told to drop it off and would be ready Friday. After he left I asked about a new tire for the Lowrider. They told me to go get the bike and they would do it now. Hour and half later new tire and Chip happy.

Be it service or motorclothes or whatever they take care of me.
I can't argue with that! [smiley=xyxthumbs.gif]

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
  • EBCM #1.5 Emeritus DSP # ? Critter Gawker #?
    • MO

• CVO1: 2000 Triple Red Screamin' Eagle Road Glide
    • CVO2: 2002 Candy Brandywine Screamin' Eagle Road King
    • CVO3: 1999 Arresting Red FXR2
« Reply #6 on: May 24, 2005, 10:28:59 PM »

04hd103 is correct!!!!!

Those little things you do for your service tech go a long way.

He is.  But with the exceptions of the customers who are simply a**holes he shouldn't be.   These guys are paid well and they're supposed to perform in something akin to a professional manner.  We shouldn't have to feel like we need to butter up a service writer and leave a sawbuck behind for a few guy's pizza.  Doing a good job in timely fashion is what they're supposed to do.

Coolbreeze

• 1K CVO Member
  • Bridge to nowhere...
« Reply #7 on: May 25, 2005, 02:46:14 PM »

My thoughts exactly...  When you have to pay a premium in order to get competant service, the service provider needs to be replaced.   [smiley=thumbsdown.gif]
It's like going to a restaurant that automatically adds a gratuity...  They already got tipped, so the service should be good,and then you're supposed to tip again? NOT!

I always thought you paid for competant service and you tipped for service above and beyond the expected... [smiley=nixweiss.gif]
2005 Red SEEG
2002 Low Rider
New Kitchen
New Laundry Room
Two New Nieces! (w/ frayed Brother-in-Law)

Page created in 0.14 seconds with 21 queries.