Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Motorcycle lift comparison  (Read 12754 times)

NYSport

• Full CVO Member

• CVO1: 2012 Road Glide, Skunk
Motorcycle lift comparison
« on: November 23, 2012, 08:09:19 AM »

Anybody watch this video.  Is it a marketing piece for J & S or is it objective third-party?  I had all but decided on the Pit Bull when I saw this and now I'm think about J & S.  I want to buy a lift soon, winter is approaching and I have some work to do:). BTW, not really interested in lift tables, I want a lift stand.

http://m.
Former US Army
160th Little Bird Pilot

Z06

Re: Motorcycle lift comparison
« Reply #1 on: November 23, 2012, 09:19:38 AM »

I have and use three lifts in my garage.  I have the jack lift, table lift and Big Blue Lift and will say that I use the Big Blue Lift more than the other two lifts.  It doesnt take up room like the table lift and is very stable to use.  Check it out.  http://www.lifts-and-stands.com/index.php/eazy-rizer-blue-lift.html

Regards,

Z06

inferno1976

• Junior CVO Member

• CVO1: 2013 Road Glide 110th Anniversary #8
« Reply #2 on: November 23, 2012, 11:29:34 AM »

I own the Pit Bull lift. I think it is a very good lift and I am happy with it.  Saying that, the J & S jack looks very good also. Two things I agree with the video is: It can drag the ground like the video, which contributed to my uneven garage floor. And it's harder to clean the bike while sitting on the right side of the bike.  Saying all this, I would buy the J & S if I had to do it all over again.

inferno1976

• Junior CVO Member

• CVO1: 2013 Road Glide 110th Anniversary #8
« Reply #3 on: November 23, 2012, 11:31:54 AM »

One more thing. The Pit Bull takes up more room on the floor when storing.  Which is not good if you don't have a large garage like I do.

Midnight Rider

• AKA: TCnBham
  • 10K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: 2011 SERGU Rio Red (sold)
« Reply #4 on: November 23, 2012, 01:00:22 PM »

I've had the J&S jack since 2006, and have lifted a 2006 SEUC, 2006 SEVROD, a Yamaha Stratoliner, and now a 2011 SERGU.  I keep my bike on it 100% of the time when I'm not riding it.  I've never strapped it down.  I can roll my bike all over the garage with it, and keep the bike up on the 4th safety hole so it takes up the least amount of floor space.  The only problem I had was when I first got it and the bottle jack leaked...they had a batch of bad jacks.  I called, and they had me a new bottle jack in two days to my door...free shipping, and I did not have to send the old jack back.  Great customer service.

The only "flaw", if you can call it that, is if you have an uneven floor, it will drag.  But that is not a design flaw...they have to keep the design low to the floor in order to get the jack under the bike, especially bikes that are 1" lower than stock height.  But if you have a relatively level floor, you can easily rotate the bike 360 degrees, roll it all over the basement/garage, all without worrying about stability.  I wash my bike on it, and do all my service work on the jack...I even bought the oil change pan they make for the jack...works like a charm.  I've even pulled both wheels off the bike when on the jack with no issues.  It's no Table Lift, but it's the best thing next to that for those of us who don't have the space or money for the Table Lift.  And I'm pretty sure it's all fabricated here in the USA, other than the bottle jack.
Sometimes it takes a whole tankful of fuel before you can think straight.
I had the right to remain silent, just not the ability...

Gone, but not forgotten...2011 FLTRUSE with
Fullsac X Pipe w/2" Baffles
Legend Air Ride Rear Shocks
Traxxion Dynamics AK-20 Front Suspension
Clearview GT13 Windshield
TTS Mastertune

King Glide

• 1K CVO Member
  • It's still Good To Be King !
    • LA

• CVO1: 2016 Roadglide Ultra
    • CVO2: 2014 Ultra Limited
    • CVO3: 2011 Roadglide Ultra
« Reply #5 on: November 23, 2012, 01:11:49 PM »

I have a Pitbull lift and also have the optional 360 deg turn table. What the video says is true about it bottoming out but it isn't  as bad as they make it seem if you use the provided handle and your floor was poured with any skill at all.
Using the turntable makes their lift the one that is obstructive and you'll be glad the bike gets up in the air as high as it does when you aren't standing on your head cleaning the oil cooler or checking the rear tire for nails and such.

In short, the video is a proganda video but the lifts are what they are and I love my Pitbull.
Got another shark and there's blood in the wind.
Back to the dark side !
  Personalized Plate
         GD2BKG

mjb765

• 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: 2011 FLHXSE--sold
    • CVO2: 2015 FLHXSE--sold
    • CVO3: 2018 FLTRXSE
« Reply #6 on: November 23, 2012, 03:57:26 PM »

I have the Pitbull also...and I agree..the bottoming out is not a problem depending on your garage floor. The thing that made me buy it over the J&S is the overall lift height. It goes up 5 inches higher than the J&S which makes a difference. Other than that, they are both excellent lifts.

NYSport

• Full CVO Member

• CVO1: 2012 Road Glide, Skunk
« Reply #7 on: November 23, 2012, 05:35:23 PM »

Guys, Thanks for all the information, I'll probably buy one of them after the first of the year.
Former US Army
160th Little Bird Pilot

rayson56

• 1K CVO Member
  • Life's a journey not a destination.
    • WA

• CVO1: 2018 FLTRXSE Black Earth/Vivid Black (Sold)
    • CVO2: 2011 FLHXSE2 Black Diamond (Traded)
    • CVO3: 2007 FXDSE Red (Sold)
« Reply #8 on: November 23, 2012, 08:40:31 PM »

That big blue lift sure looks impressive. Any deals to be had on them?
2010 Dyna Wide Glide
2021 GW Bagger
2018 SERG (Sold)
2011 SESG (Traded)
2007 Dyna Wide Glide CVO (Sold)
2010 Night Rod Special
2007 full custom road king
2006 big dog mastiff
2000 big dog pro 18
1999 big dog pro sport
1991 fxrs full custom
1984 v65 magna

skratch

• 1K CVO Member
    • LA

• CVO1: 2013 FLTRXSE2 Roman Gold/Burnt Emerald
« Reply #9 on: November 24, 2012, 12:01:37 AM »

Guys, Thanks for all the information, I'll probably buy one of them after the first of the year.

saw in your sig that you're former army.  if you're retired, or have some type of mil id, they do offer a military discount.  i believe its 5%.  but, you can also ask them what hd dealers they supply.  i picked up my j&s from a hd dealer up in wi, and got a 10% mil discount.  saved on the $60 shipping as well.
I understand the concept of reality, but find it too confining as a way of life

Z06

« Reply #10 on: November 24, 2012, 09:12:10 AM »

That big blue lift sure looks impressive. Any deals to be had on them?

Eazy Rizer motorcycle lifts and Bike Grab motorcycle stands

To celebrate Small Business Saturday, we are putting every lift and every stand on sale! Go see the regular prices at www.liftsandstands.com
Then take 10% off! You must call Jeff at 404-964-7663 to get this awesome deal. Shop now for a great Christmas gift! Thank you for supporting small businesses.

Page created in 0.167 seconds with 21 queries.