Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Thoughts on painting a few things on my 04 B/B SEEG  (Read 2582 times)

Markeje

• www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • IL

Thoughts on painting a few things on my 04 B/B SEEG
« on: December 04, 2015, 10:11:08 AM »

So it's getting close to that time where I'll be heading to the basement to start taking apart my 04 SEEG. I am blacking out the chrome on this bike. The thing I'm pondering here is do I go with just black on the bag latches and lid trim or do I color match the Starlight black for those things. Another thought is to paint the lid trim pieces Candy Cobalt Blue?

cambo

• 1K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2013 CVO Breakout
    • CVO2: 2015 Ultra Limited
Re: Thoughts on painting a few things on my 04 B/B SEEG
« Reply #1 on: December 04, 2015, 11:18:39 AM »

If you can post a picture of your bike along with the color blue you want I can PS the pic so you can see what it would look like.

CVODON

• 1K CVO Member
    • FL

• CVO1: 15 FLTRUSE
« Reply #2 on: December 05, 2015, 12:03:26 AM »

Whatever color you use, it is your choice. Just remember to prep the chrome correctly prior to starting to paint it. Some folks think you can just sand it and then use etching primer but this will NOT hold up over the long haul. You have to remove the chrome if you are looking for a long term finish. On alum, this needs to be done by or explained to you by a person who has done this before.
I STRONGLY suggest that you powder coat everything you possibly can for durability. Most place, around here, will give you excellent turn-around if you schedule it ahead. I have dropped stuff off in the morning and picked it up ready the next afternoon.

Markeje

• www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • IL

« Reply #3 on: December 30, 2015, 08:45:11 AM »

A little behind starting the project..just got the bike up on the lift last night. First thing is getting the wheels off and to the chrome shop to remove that "quality" chrome job. Then working my way up front with lowers and uppers. Then to the handlebars and controls. Then floor boards and rear pieces and crash bars. I think for this winter I am going to hold off on dong the motor pieces unless I am making great progress and funds are efficient.
I am going to with black on a new air cleaner cover and bag latches. Not sure I'll like those all black or not. These may very well need to be color matched in the end.

Page created in 0.128 seconds with 24 queries.