Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5  All

Author Topic: "Hawg Wired" 150 watt in fairing amplifier kit  (Read 13827 times)

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

• CVO1: 04 SEEG...sold
    • CVO2: 10 SESG...sold
    • CVO3: 13 FLHTCSE 8
Re: "Hawg Wired" 150 watt in fairing amplifier kit
« Reply #30 on: November 14, 2005, 03:43:38 PM »

Great News Members!
I have become a direct dealer with Hawg-Wired!! As soon as I get my pricing info I will be posting information on products and discounts to the members here. Not sure of what can be done for discounts yet but will have info soon!

Uhhh, was that because they're in your back yard? [smiley=huepfenlol2.gif] [smiley=huepfenlol2.gif]Did you already know those guys Jim?
Never trade the thrills of living for the security of existence.  Remember...it's the journey, not the destination!

West Coast GTG   
Reno, NV (04), Reno, NV (05),  Cripple Creek, CO (06)  Hood River, OR (09), Lake Tahoe, CA (11) Carmel, CA (14), Ouray CO (15) Fortuna, Ca. (16)

h2oski

• Full CVO Member
« Reply #31 on: November 14, 2005, 03:58:07 PM »

Twolanerider,
I have been eagerly awaiting this post since you mentioned you ordered it.  As usual you did not disapoint in your detail of the install.  Thanks for being our guinea pig.  Once I get my bike back next spring from the dealership I am going to install this system.  I can't wait till spring.

Thanks

h20ski

hd-dude

• Global Moderator
  • 5k CVO Member
  • 2005 Cherry FLHTCSE2 "Obsession"

• CVO1: 05 FLHTCSE2
    • Metal Dragon
« Reply #32 on: November 14, 2005, 04:01:15 PM »

Uhhh, was that because they're in your back yard? [smiley=huepfenlol2.gif] [smiley=huepfenlol2.gif]Did you already know those guys Jim?

No, I have heard good things about them and have thought about becoming a dealer for some time, just never followed it up. Due the the recent request from several people that I do work for and the activity here I thought I would make the contacts.  From all that I've read and thanks to 2lane's review they seem to be top notch!! I'm really looking forward to using their products.

110tHunDer

• 10K CVO Member
« Reply #33 on: November 14, 2005, 06:43:41 PM »

When all the new hardware, wiring and cabling is in place this is what it looks like inside the fairing when along with the 06 radio and XM module.  You'd have a fair amount less mess with an 05 and earlier radio installation.

Just to give you something to think about until Santa comes, the ballast for the HID headlight mounts directly where the amp is for the left (as your sitting on the bike) speaker is.

With your ingenuity, I'm sure you'll figure a way around it, but wow [smiley=shocked2.gif], it certainly looks pretty packed in there right now. [smiley=nixweiss.gif]

spydglide

• 10K CVO Member
  • spyder-psychle
« Reply #34 on: November 14, 2005, 06:52:30 PM »

Hey TwoLane, how much do you think everything weighs?  [smiley=nixweiss.gif] The whole amp. system you just installed.  I think the neatest thing(s) about it that you mentioned as the pluses, was the low current drain and especially the 'no heat' deal.  The bad is obviously the six large and time to install.   :(Oh well, maybe I can just come early for the trip to Colorada and get you to slap one of those buggers on the Spyder-Psychle.  Shouldn't take you too many beers since you're now experienced w/ the set-up.  [smiley=drink.gif] Har!  [smiley=xyxthumbs.gif] spyder
2004 FLHTCSE Cobalt 'Huckleberry'  .....94K+mi.     &  1994 FLSTN 'OleGranny' .....116K+mi.

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
  • EBCM #1.5 Emeritus DSP # ? Critter Gawker #?
    • MO

• CVO1: 2000 Triple Red Screamin' Eagle Road Glide
    • CVO2: 2002 Candy Brandywine Screamin' Eagle Road King
    • CVO3: 1999 Arresting Red FXR2
« Reply #35 on: November 14, 2005, 07:07:48 PM »

No, I have heard good things about them and have thought about becoming a dealer for some time, just never followed it up. Due the the recent request from several people that I do work for and the activity here I thought I would make the contacts.  From all that I've read and thanks to 2lane's review they seem to be top notch!! I'm really looking forward to using their products.

This timing was the only unfortunate part of this entire deal Jim.  When you'd mentioned the company to me a few weeks ago and I'd later mentioned in the same thread that I'd decided to get one you should've said you were working on a dealer relationship.  I'd have much preferred to spend the money with you than the manufacturer.  Glad the presentation of the installation and impressions of the product were of some benefit.  But you cost yourself a first sale by not speaking up sooner.

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
    • MO

« Reply #36 on: November 15, 2005, 06:03:16 AM »

Twolanerider,
I have been eagerly awaiting this post since you mentioned you ordered it.  As usual you did not disapoint in your detail of the install.  Thanks for being our guinea pig.  Once I get my bike back next spring from the dealership I am going to install this system.  I can't wait till spring.

Thanks

h20ski

Glad it was helpful Water.  You and one other member had asked about the install.  The other gentleman asked for as much detail as he could get because he didn't want buy the unit and pay the dealer to install it if it could be avoided.  Come the spring I think you'll like it a lot.

Good luck,
Don

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
    • MO

« Reply #37 on: November 15, 2005, 06:04:48 AM »

Just to give you something to think about until Santa comes, the ballast for the HID headlight mounts directly where the amp is for the left (as your sitting on the bike) speaker is.

With your ingenuity, I'm sure you'll figure a way around it, but wow [smiley=shocked2.gif], it certainly looks pretty packed in there right now. [smiley=nixweiss.gif]

Brian, I remembered that you or someone had said the GDO Xmitter had to moved for that ballast.  There's only 3/8" clearance between that left side amp and the Xmitter.  So I was guessing the ballast might be a problem.  There's enough open space on up the fairing though that finding someplace to mount it shouldn't be a major trauma though.  Perhaps extend a harness a bit, will just have to wait and see?

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
    • MO

« Reply #38 on: November 15, 2005, 06:05:56 AM »

Hey TwoLane, how much do you think everything weighs?  [smiley=nixweiss.gif] The whole amp. system you just installed.  I think the neatest thing(s) about it that you mentioned as the pluses, was the low current drain and especially the 'no heat' deal.  The bad is obviously the six large and time to install.   :(Oh well, maybe I can just come early for the trip to Colorada and get you to slap one of those buggers on the Spyder-Psychle.  Shouldn't take you too many beers since you're now experienced w/ the set-up.  [smiley=drink.gif] Har!  [smiley=xyxthumbs.gif] spyder

Spyder, the three pieces of hardware and the small bracketry added inside the fairing all have to be two pounds or so.  When the big padded box showed up with "10 pounds" on the shipping labe. I wondered "how much weight am I putting on the nose here."  But it's insignificant when you get the pieces out of the package.

I completely agree on the plusses and minuses.  The biggest plus of course is that the thing seems to work just amazing.  But technically the other issues are a real benefit.  

103 has already talked about perhaps getting the 06 radio and XM unit and bringing them along to install here before heading to Cripple Creek.  No reason we couldn't do his in the afternoon and yours in the evening.  Second time is always faster, more hands will help, and the beer will be cold  [smiley=xyxthumbs.gif]

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
    • MO

« Reply #39 on: November 15, 2005, 06:10:29 AM »

Hey 2Lane,

How does the distortion output differ from the stock SEEG radio and the Harmon Kardon upgrade?????

Fatboy,
There's been way too much noise around my ears over the years for me to ever claim I can distinguish good sound from great sound.  I did use the stock radio by itself with both the HK and the HogTune speakers and did the same with the amp unit for a similar comparison.

In both cases the HogTunes speakers sounded better than did the HK 2 ohm speakers.  With the amp unit the difference was less pronounced, but still there.  

With the output supplied to 4 ohm speakers the unit is spec'd at .005% distortion.  Effectively no distortion.  It sounded that good to me.  With the good 4 ohm speakers installed I just never heard anything.

SAC

• Full CVO Member
  • Real Mother F** N.C.C. 3%
« Reply #40 on: November 15, 2005, 04:44:39 PM »

Hd-Dude,

Glad to hear that you followed up on the discussions we had with Bling-boy over the weekend.
Man Jim, you move quick when you say you are going to look into something !!!
Look forward to heading your way in the future and getting that installation, looks like a good one.
Shawn

By the way, thanks for taking care of that bad LED this weekend, as always "Great Customer Service"

hd-dude

• Global Moderator
  • 5k CVO Member

• Metal Dragon
« Reply #41 on: November 19, 2005, 10:19:12 PM »

See this thread for a comparison of the Hawg Wired speakers vs. the Hog Tunes:
http://flhrsei.org/cgi-bin/yabb/YaBB.cgi?num=1132456636/0

jeffj

• 1K CVO Member
  • "Teach a man to swim, but not while he's drowning"

• CVO1: 2004 Orange Pearl and Jet Black FLHTCSE & 2002 Candy/Brandywine FLHRSEI
    • CVO2: 2006 Autumn Haze FLHTCUSE Sold - 11-11-12 Bought another 2006 SEUC
    • CVO3: 2003 Gold FLHRSEI2 Sold CVO4: 2002 Purple FLHRSEI Crashed
« Reply #42 on: November 19, 2005, 11:52:36 PM »

hd-dude,

Any chance you going to do change overs like what twolanerider has done on his SEEG, change out pre 06 stereos with 06 stereos?
I have several riding buddies (Central CA) with 04 and 05 scooters that want to upgrade their stereos to 06 for XM and better quality of sound.

hd-dude

• Global Moderator
  • 5k CVO Member

• Metal Dragon
« Reply #43 on: November 20, 2005, 12:09:17 AM »

hd-dude,

Any chance you going to do change overs like what twolanerider has done on his SEEG, change out pre 06 stereos with 06 stereos?
I have several riding buddies (Central CA) with 04 and 05 scooters that want to upgrade their stereos to 06 for XM and better quality of sound.

I certainly can do the swap over. The radio, (at least for now) needs to come from Roeders HD. They are the only ones that have it. They can order it and I'll do the work. They can even have it shipped here if they want. (although it may end up in my bike [smiley=huepfenlol2.gif]) Send me a PM if interested. [smiley=xyxthumbs.gif]

bostonut

• Junior CVO Member
  • feelin satisfied
« Reply #44 on: November 20, 2005, 04:37:19 PM »

I'll wait for the price to come down closer to $300 for the amps.....$600 is a rip !
other toys

1969 Firebird 400 conv.
1974 455 Firebird Formula
1977 CanAm
1989 20th anniv. Turbo Trans Am
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5  All

Page created in 0.171 seconds with 21 queries.