Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: iPhone 11 Models and GTS Infotainment System Problem  (Read 1934 times)

Gfs3

• www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • FL

iPhone 11 Models and GTS Infotainment System Problem
« on: December 06, 2019, 11:15:39 AM »

Just a FYI for iPhone 11 potential buyers of the problems using with the GTS Boombox.
You will NOT be able to communicate using your iPhone 11 from your motorcycle until Apple or HD gets the issue resolved.  The Phone connects fine with Bluetooth and Apple Car Play as well but when attempting to use it for a phone call, all you hear will be garbled and unusable. 

12/6/19 Update: I spoke with Apple and Harley this morning about the iPhone 11 Problem.
Harley Customer Service Rep. reported that they are aware of the issue and are Working on the resolution to fix it. He did not offer a timeframe for the fix but recommended that we just check the HD Website and see if there is a new update for the GTS System. Until Then - Guess we will have to do without OR just ignore all incoming calls and call them back at the next rest stop or whatever.

I Recommend that anyone that is considering updating or purchasing the iPhone 11 to wait until this issue is resolved. !!!!!!

Gfs3

• www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • FL

Re: iPhone 11 Models and GTS Infotainment System Problem
« Reply #1 on: December 11, 2019, 07:46:36 AM »

12/11/19:  Update --- Apple has a new update (v 13.3) released today and the iPhone 11 now works with the GTS Infotainment System thru Bluetooth connection.  I did not try using thru Car Play since I don't normally plug in to use it anyways.   :pineapple:

Gfs3

• www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • FL

« Reply #2 on: December 11, 2019, 09:01:17 PM »

Apple released IOS 13.3 today, I just loaded it on my iPhone 11, it did fix the problem I was having when connected to the Boom Box via Bluetooth, before the update speech was garbled could not understand anyone when I placed a call using the Boom Box with Blue tooth but now that is clear. The issue with Apple Car play is still the same, no audio on calls once I plug it into the USB port that may be the part Harley is supposed to be fixing. :cherry:

bungie

• www.CVOHARLEY.com
« Reply #3 on: December 29, 2019, 01:32:59 PM »

Apple released IOS 13.3 today, I just loaded it on my iPhone 11, it did fix the problem I was having when connected to the Boom Box via Bluetooth, before the update speech was garbled could not understand anyone when I placed a call using the Boom Box with Blue tooth but now that is clear. The issue with Apple Car play is still the same, no audio on calls once I plug it into the USB port that may be the part Harley is supposed to be fixing. :cherry:
HD don't need to fix anything Apple do though there at fault.

FLSTFI Dave

• IBA 69147
  • 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: 2023 FLTRXSE Whiskey Neat
    • CVO2: 2021 RA1250S Pan America Special
    • CVO3: 2003 Fatboy, 95"quot, S&ampS 570 gear drive cam
« Reply #4 on: February 27, 2020, 07:44:21 AM »

The iPhone 11 still does not work with CarPlay on the Boom system for phone calls.  When connected you can not make or take a call as there is no volume, so you can not hear the other person and they can not hear you.  It does not matter if your using the Sena 20s or the Sena 30K.

You can use siri to text with CarPlay, you can use siri for directions with CarPlay.  Basically everything works except the phone call aspect when connected to CarPlay.

Phone also does not have enough volume to clearly hear a call when projection is off and your not using CarPlay.  You can barely hear a call.

I believe its a Harley issue as it works just fine in my 2017 Pick up on CarPlay and just fine in my 2018 Car on CarPlay, but not my 19 bike.
2023 FLTRXSE Whiskey Neat
2021 RA1250S Pan America Special
2019 FLTRXSE Red Pepper / Magnetic Gray Traded
2018 FLTRXSE Gunship Gray  Traded
2017 FLHXSE  Starfire Black / Atomic Red  Traded
2015 FLTRUSE Abyss Blue / Crushed Saphire Traded
2013 FLHRSE5 Diamond Dust 117  Traded
2012 FLTRXSE White Gold Pearl / Starfire Black  Traded
2009 FLTRSE3 Silver/Titanium  Traded
2003 Fatboy, real fire paint set,

Gfs3

• www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • FL

« Reply #5 on: March 06, 2020, 10:59:17 PM »

I read today that the Boombox GTS is supposed to work with Android systems beginning with 2021 Models and possibly software updates this summer timeframe to update prior GTS also. IT SURE WOULD BE APPRECIATED IF THEY WOULD FIX THE ISSUE WITH US NOT BEING ABLE To MAKE PHONE CALLS WITH IPHONE 11 MODELS WHEN CONNECTED TO CARPLAY !!!!!!

FLSTFI Dave

• IBA 69147
  • 5k CVO Member

« Reply #6 on: March 07, 2020, 06:20:33 AM »

Yes, I read that about android auto also.  I agree it would be nice to fix the issue they have with the iPhone 11, 6 months and still no solution.  Sad the iPhone 11, works fine in my 17 truck and 18 car but not my 19 CVO.

I am sure that Android auto will have issues also.  Harley just cant get software right for the infotainment system or Nav system.

Bobs14Limited

• Full CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • CO

« Reply #7 on: March 07, 2020, 09:50:47 PM »

Harley just cant get software right for the infotainment system or Nav system.

And what vehicle manufacturer can? They all have issues. Just the way it is with electronics. The buying public becomes the beta tester.

FLSTFI Dave

• IBA 69147
  • 5k CVO Member

« Reply #8 on: March 08, 2020, 07:24:26 AM »

And what vehicle manufacturer can? They all have issues. Just the way it is with electronics. The buying public becomes the beta tester.

Works with zero issues in my 2017 Ford.  Works with Zero Issues in my 2018 Chevy.  Also works fine in my 2012 Range Rover, except the Range Rover doesn't have CarPlay, but the other two do.

I can make and receive a phone call in all three vehicles and hear the other person and they can hear me.  This can not be done on my 42K Harley. 

Impossible to hear the other person on a phone call and impossible for them to hear you.  Phone call is the most basic integration of a phone with a infotainment system.

Name one vehicle manufacture that you can not make a phone call with a paired phone?

Page created in 0.15 seconds with 25 queries.