Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 10  All

Author Topic: Harley workers to go on strike  (Read 15547 times)

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
  • EBCM #1.5 Emeritus DSP # ? Critter Gawker #?
    • MO

• CVO1: 2000 Triple Red Screamin' Eagle Road Glide
    • CVO2: 2002 Candy Brandywine Screamin' Eagle Road King
    • CVO3: 1999 Arresting Red FXR2
Re: Harley workers to go on strike
« Reply #30 on: February 02, 2007, 06:58:32 PM »

Reading through the posts on the York Plant strike. In COVJOES post on Feb 1 it states the models effected are Soft Tails and Touring. Is this all Soft Tails and Touring models, or only specific models in each line ?
Thanks  

York builds all the Softails and Touring models.  Dynas and V-Rods in Kansas City.

Fired00d

• Global Moderator
  • 25K CVO Member
  • Orange & Black SEEG... Can it get any better?
    • VA

• CVO1: FLHTCSE
« Reply #31 on: February 02, 2007, 07:02:06 PM »

York builds all the Softails and Touring models.  Dynas and V-Rods in Kansas City.
Sportsters also are built in Kansas City.

[smiley=pumpkin.gif]
Ride Safe,
Fired00d
 [smiley=fireman.gif]
:pumpkin: 2004 Screamin’ Eagle Electra Glide :pumpkin:
Rinehart True Duals
SE Breather
SE Race Tuner
HogTunes Speakers
Zippers 575 Gear Drive Cams
Zippers Pro-Tapered Adjustable Push Rods
Zippers Oil Pressure Bypass Shim
Feuling Oil Pump
Feuling Lifters
Zumo 550 W/Flame Caps
Lyndall Z+ Brake Pads
CVOHarley Member #1234
PGR Member #754 (Since '05)
Proud Member EBCM #2.0

ultrafxr

• There are no sure answers, only better questions. - Dick Van Dyke
  • 5k CVO Member
  • No problem is so small it cannot be misunderstood.
    • TN

• CVO1: 2020 FLHTCUTG Tahitian Teal
    • CVO2: 2017 FLHTKSE Palladium Silver/Phantom Blue/Wicked Sapphire-traded
    • CVO3: 2012 FLHTCUSE7 Electric Orange/Black Diamond-traded
« Reply #32 on: February 02, 2007, 07:08:50 PM »

Yeah, but this could have repurcussions throughout the company if it lasts very long.

Places ridden on my bike from my driveway.
IBA member # 45520

Fired00d

• Global Moderator
  • 25K CVO Member
    • VA

« Reply #33 on: February 02, 2007, 07:13:40 PM »

Yeah, but this could have repurcussions throughout the company if it lasts very long.
It's already anticipated. This was from the update I posted earlier today....

.....Meanwhile at Harley's Tomahawk, Wis., plant, United Steelworkers Union Local 460 President Dan Molley told the Tomahawk Leader Reporter that the York County strike could lead to the layoffs of more than 250 workers as soon as Wednesday. The steelworkers union has a total of 364 members, the newspaper reported.

“We will continue to maintain production but we will have to lay off a big chunk of our members due to that strike,” Molley told the Wisconsin paper.....

[smiley=pumpkin.gif]
Ride Safe,
Fired00d
 [smiley=fireman.gif]
Rinehart True Duals
SE Breather
SE Race Tuner
HogTunes Speakers
Feuling Oil Pump
Feuling Lifters
Zumo 550 W/Flame Caps
Lyndall Z+ Brake Pads
CVOHarley Member #1234
Proud Member EBCM #2.0

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
    • MO

« Reply #34 on: February 02, 2007, 07:14:58 PM »

Sportsters also are built in Kansas City.

Yeah, but I was only thinking of full grown bikes.....

Fired00d

• Global Moderator
  • 25K CVO Member
    • VA

« Reply #35 on: February 02, 2007, 07:20:01 PM »

Yeah, but I was only thinking of full grown bikes.....
Hehehehe. When you didn't mention them I had to research and find out. You aroused my curiosity. ;) ;D

[smiley=pumpkin.gif]
Ride Safe,
Fired00d
 [smiley=fireman.gif]
Rinehart True Duals
SE Breather
SE Race Tuner
HogTunes Speakers
Feuling Oil Pump
Feuling Lifters
Zumo 550 W/Flame Caps
Lyndall Z+ Brake Pads
CVOHarley Member #1234
Proud Member EBCM #2.0

SPIDERMAN

« Reply #36 on: February 02, 2007, 08:24:13 PM »

Life is what you make of it. You can take advantage of situations or you can find reasons not to. Why am I posting this thought on this thread ? Give this strike a month and the 05 you couldn't get a decent price out of last fall will all of the sudden be worth what you wanted for it. My dealer has been dropping hints about how much he can get for LD if this strike lasts longer than his current inventory which is 3 or 4 weeks. Not that I'm interested, but for those of you who've been looking to buy an 07 and have an 06 or older to trade, this strike is your ticket to your new ride if you're willing to wait for delivery until the strike is settled. IMHO

Big B

TCinVA

• Elite CVO Member
  • FINALLY!

• CVO1: 2007 B&O FLHTCUSE2
« Reply #37 on: February 02, 2007, 08:26:45 PM »

So imagine my dismay when I called my dealer today to confirm the ship date on my B&O CUSE2.  "Still March 2nd?" I asked?  The reply, "Guess you haven't heard.  The York plant workers are out on strike.  We don't know anymore than what we're reading on the Internet".  
So my first reaction is "chit"... then I start thinking about economics, unions, management, all the "stuff" that goes into the business and realize that there's absolutely nothing I can do about the situation so there's no reason to get all purple faced.  My momma always told me that everything happens for a reason.  In my case, maybe March wasn't a good time to get the new ride.  Stuff happens.
Of course I share the concerns of the some of the other folks who've posted here with respect to start-up pains when the strike ends.  That's why you make your decisions, as Howie did, with respect to the warranty.
I'll keep riding Harleys whether I think the MoCo is right or the union.  
Some day, I'll get the SE.  Who knows as VAZHOG suggests, if HD doesn't build another bike the rest of this year or in '08, I guess I'll just have to settle for the 2009 water cooled 124", 7 speed Ultra [smiley=xyxthumbs.gif].
I'm still smilin' :)
TC

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member
  • This chit ain't ROCKET SCIENCE!!!!

• CVO1: '07C FLHRSE3, BLACK ICE OF COURSE, CUSTOM 110" TC 6-SPEED +++, "CYBIL"!!!
    • CVO2: '99 FXR3 BRIGHT & DARK CANDY BLUE W/FLAMES, STAGE II 80" EVO 5-SPEED +++, "JOY"!!!
    • CVO3: 4: & 5: '85 FXWG BLACK w/CUSTOM FLAMES, 110" EVO 6-SPEED +++ CVO style!!!; '08 NSMC PROSG CUSTOM FXR BASED PRO STREET BLACK, 89" EVO 5-SPEED, VERY FAST!!!; '09 NSMC HSTBBR CUSTOM RIGID HOISTBOBBER, SILVER METALFLAKE BATES SOLO SEAT & TIN w/BLACK WISHBONE FRAME, 80" EVO (w/Shovelhead bottom end) 4-SPEED! VERY COOL!!!
« Reply #38 on: February 02, 2007, 08:36:35 PM »

So imagine my dismay when I called my dealer today to confirm the ship date on my B&O CUSE2.  "Still March 2nd?" I asked?  The reply, "Guess you haven't heard.  The York plant workers are out on strike.  We don't know anymore than what we're reading on the Internet".  
So my first reaction is "chit"... then I start thinking about economics, unions, management, all the "stuff" that goes into the business and realize that there's absolutely nothing I can do about the situation so there's no reason to get all purple faced.  My momma always told me that everything happens for a reason.  In my case, maybe March wasn't a good time to get the new ride.  Stuff happens.
Of course I share the concerns of the some of the other folks who've posted here with respect to start-up pains when the strike ends.  That's why you make your decisions, as Howie did, with respect to the warranty.
I'll keep riding Harleys whether I think the MoCo is right or the union.  
Some day, I'll get the SE.  Who knows as VAZHOG suggests, if HD doesn't build another bike the rest of this year or in '08, I guess I'll just have to settle for the 2009 water cooled 124", 7 speed Ultra [smiley=xyxthumbs.gif].
I'm still smilin' :)
TC

Hang in there Tony, hopefully you won't get delayed too long. Easy for me to say now. Can you imagine how I'd be freaking out if this was three weeks ago! You're taking it very well and have a good attitude about it. The SEUC's are pretty much an annual event. But I'm worried this year might be the last for the SERKs. I hope all you SERK guys get your bikes eventually! ;)
"We wanna be free to ride our machines without being hassled by The Man!"

Traxxion Dynamics Suspension Rules! "It ain't braggin' if you can back it up!"

"Cause I'm sitting on top of the world!" (zoom in on satellite map in my Profile)

TCinVA

• Elite CVO Member
  • FINALLY!

« Reply #39 on: February 02, 2007, 08:40:27 PM »

Hang in there Tony, hopefully you won't get delayed too long. Easy for me to say now. Can you imagine how I'd be freaking out if this was three weeks ago! You're taking it very well and have a good attitude about it. The SEUC's are pretty much an annual event. But I'm worried this year might be the last for the SERKs. I hope all you SERK guys get your bikes eventually! ;)

Thanks, Howie.  I plan to live vicariously through you and your SERK for the next few weeks (?), months(?) :'(...  Keep us informed so I at least have an idea of what it "feels like" :).
Tony

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member
  • This chit ain't ROCKET SCIENCE!!!!

• CVO1: '07C FLHRSE3, BLACK ICE OF COURSE, CUSTOM 110" TC 6-SPEED +++, "CYBIL"!!!
    • CVO2: '99 FXR3 BRIGHT & DARK CANDY BLUE W/FLAMES, STAGE II 80" EVO 5-SPEED +++, "JOY"!!!
    • CVO3: 4: & 5: '85 FXWG BLACK w/CUSTOM FLAMES, 110" EVO 6-SPEED +++ CVO style!!!; '08 NSMC PROSG CUSTOM FXR BASED PRO STREET BLACK, 89" EVO 5-SPEED, VERY FAST!!!; '09 NSMC HSTBBR CUSTOM RIGID HOISTBOBBER, SILVER METALFLAKE BATES SOLO SEAT & TIN w/BLACK WISHBONE FRAME, 80" EVO (w/Shovelhead bottom end) 4-SPEED! VERY COOL!!!
« Reply #40 on: February 02, 2007, 08:46:15 PM »

Thanks, Howie.  I plan to live vicariously through you and your SERK for the next few weeks (?), months(?) :'(...  Keep us informed so I at least have an idea of what it "feels like" :).
Tony

They have to end it soon Tony. We're going to York in a few months. And I'll be seeing you and your new bike there too!!! ;) Hoist! 8-)
"We wanna be free to ride our machines without being hassled by The Man!"

Traxxion Dynamics Suspension Rules! "It ain't braggin' if you can back it up!"

"Cause I'm sitting on top of the world!" (zoom in on satellite map in my Profile)

TCinVA

• Elite CVO Member
  • FINALLY!

« Reply #41 on: February 02, 2007, 08:58:48 PM »

They have to end it soon Tony. We're going to York in a few months. And I'll be seeing you and your new bike there too!!! ;) Hoist! 8-)

Howie,
I like the way you think! ;)
Tony

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
    • MO

« Reply #42 on: February 02, 2007, 09:09:54 PM »

So imagine my dismay when I called my dealer today to confirm the ship date on my B&O CUSE2.  "Still March 2nd?" I asked?  The reply, "Guess you haven't heard.  

Sympathize with you and everyone else who will be waiting.  Sure am glad I like the one I (already) got.

110tHunDer

• 10K CVO Member
« Reply #43 on: February 02, 2007, 09:11:10 PM »

Sympathize with you and everyone else who will be waiting.  Sure am glad I like the one I (already) got.

Yeah.  And, that no mad b@st@rds assembled it. :-/

KentuckyHarleyDude

• Banned
  • Elite CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #44 on: February 02, 2007, 09:17:44 PM »

Yeah.  And, that no mad b@st@rds assembled it. :-/

Better get them while you can boy's ...from what we are hearing it could go on awhile.

Bubba
« Last Edit: February 02, 2007, 09:45:36 PM by BamaHarleyDude »
" Why Johnny Ringo ...you look like somone just ..walked across your grave"
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 10  All

Page created in 0.171 seconds with 24 queries.