Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4  All

Author Topic: A LITTLE GUN CONTROL HISTORY  (Read 5706 times)

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member
  • This chit ain't ROCKET SCIENCE!!!!

• CVO1: '07C FLHRSE3, BLACK ICE OF COURSE, CUSTOM 110" TC 6-SPEED +++, "CYBIL"!!!
    • CVO2: '99 FXR3 BRIGHT & DARK CANDY BLUE W/FLAMES, STAGE II 80" EVO 5-SPEED +++, "JOY"!!!
    • CVO3: 4: & 5: '85 FXWG BLACK w/CUSTOM FLAMES, 110" EVO 6-SPEED +++ CVO style!!!; '08 NSMC PROSG CUSTOM FXR BASED PRO STREET BLACK, 89" EVO 5-SPEED, VERY FAST!!!; '09 NSMC HSTBBR CUSTOM RIGID HOISTBOBBER, SILVER METALFLAKE BATES SOLO SEAT & TIN w/BLACK WISHBONE FRAME, 80" EVO (w/Shovelhead bottom end) 4-SPEED! VERY COOL!!!
A LITTLE GUN CONTROL HISTORY
« on: January 21, 2008, 07:09:39 PM »

If you haven't seen this, check it out. Don't let this happen to us!!! And no, I didn't check with Snopes. Just a little common sense here! :o ;)

Hoist! 8)

A LITTLE GUN CONTROL HISTORY

In 1929, the Soviet Union established gun control and from 1929 to 1953, about 20 million dissidents, unable to defend themselves, were rounded up and exterminated.
      ------------------------------
In 1911, Turkey established gun control and from 1915 to 1917, 1.5 million Armenians, unable to defend themselves, were rounded up and exterminated.
Germany established gun control in 1938 and from 1939 to1945, a total of 13 million Jews and others, who were unable to defend themselves, were rounded up and exterminated.
     -----------------------------------------------
China established gun control in 1935 and from 1948 to 1952, 20 million political dissidents, unable to defend themselves, were rounded up and exterminated.
      ----------- -------------------
Guatemala established gun control in 1964 and from 1964 to 1981, 100,000  Mayan Indians, unable to defend themselves, were rounded up and  exterminated.
Uganda established gun control in 1970 and from 1971 to 1979, 300,000 Christians, unable to defend themselves, were rounded up and exterminated.

Cambodia established gun control in 1956 and from 1975 to 1977, one million ‘educated' people, unable to defend themselves, were rounded up and exterminated.
Defenseless people rounded up and exterminated in the 20th Century because of gun control:   
56 million.

It has now been 2 years since gun owners in Australia were forced by new law to surrender 640,381 personal firearms to be destroyed by their own government, a program costing Australian taxpayers more than $500 million dollars.  The first year results are now in:

Homicide is up 3.2 percent Australia-wide
Assaults are up 8.6 percent Australia-wide.   
Armed robberies are up 44 percent (yes, 44 percent)!

In the state of Victoria alone, homicides with firearms are now up 300 percent.  Note that while the law-abiding citizens turned them in, the criminals did not, and criminals still possess their guns!

While figures over the previous 25 years showed a steady decrease in armed robbery with firearms, this has changed drastically upward in the past 12 months, since criminals now are guaranteed that their prey is unarmed.

There has also been a dramatic increase in break-ins and assaults of the ELDERLY.  Australian politicians are at a loss to explain how public safety has decreased, after such monumental effort and expense was expended in successfully ridding Australian society of guns. The Australian experience and the other historical facts above prove it.
You won't see this data on the US evening news, or hear politicians disseminating this information.

Guns in the hands of honest citizens save lives and property and, yes, gun-control laws adversely affect only the law-abiding citizens.

Take note my fellow Americans, before it's too late!

The next time someone talks in favor of gun control, please remind  them of this history lesson.

With guns, we are 'citizens'.

Without them, we are 'subjects'

During WWII the Japanese decided not to invade America because they knew most Americans were ARMED!

« Last Edit: January 21, 2008, 08:36:30 PM by Hoist »
"We wanna be free to ride our machines without being hassled by The Man!"

Traxxion Dynamics Suspension Rules! "It ain't braggin' if you can back it up!"

"Cause I'm sitting on top of the world!" (zoom in on satellite map in my Profile)

HogBreath

• 5k CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: 2009 cvo roadglide
    • CVO2: 2014 CVO StreetKing
Re: A LITTLE GUN CONTROL HISTORY
« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2008, 08:34:13 PM »

One more reason to move out of NYC to Kentucky. Guns maybe outlawed in the city, but only if they catch ya.
It's not the destination. It's the Journey.

FNGw/08SERK

• 2.5K CVO Member

• CVO1: 09 SERG
« Reply #2 on: January 21, 2008, 08:44:59 PM »

I believe I read somewhere that the fact that private weapon ownership was very high across the US was what kept the Japanese from a ground assault in Cali  :vrolijk27: :rifle:

LRebel

• 2.5K CVO Member
« Reply #3 on: January 21, 2008, 11:09:39 PM »

Gun Control:  You better think about this and find out how the presidential candidates stand on this issue before you go vote!

Midnight Rider

• AKA: TCnBham
  • 10K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: 2011 SERGU Rio Red (sold)
« Reply #4 on: January 21, 2008, 11:49:13 PM »

Again...please read this carefully...

http://www.snopes.com/crime/statistics/ausguns.asp
Sometimes it takes a whole tankful of fuel before you can think straight.
I had the right to remain silent, just not the ability...

Gone, but not forgotten...2011 FLTRUSE with
Fullsac X Pipe w/2" Baffles
Legend Air Ride Rear Shocks
Traxxion Dynamics AK-20 Front Suspension
Clearview GT13 Windshield
TTS Mastertune

RJ749

• SEEG Cult Newbie
  • 10K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2006 FLHTCUSE
    • CVO2: 2005 FLHTCSE
    • CVO3: 2002 FXDWG3
« Reply #5 on: January 22, 2008, 01:37:42 AM »

Here's a daily update from the NRA and their Institute for Legislative Action.  This site gathers info on actions throughout the United States in defense of the right to bear arms and anti-gunner attacks on that right.

Quote: "The position of the National Rifle Association is clear. The Second Amendment protects the fundamental, individual right of law-abiding citizens to own firearms for any lawful purpose. Further, any law infringing this freedom, including a ban on self-defense and handgun ownership, is unconstitutional and provides no benefit to curbing crime. "

http://www.nraila.org/

The threat on your freedom is real.  Check it out today.
« Last Edit: January 22, 2008, 09:38:26 AM by Rjob749 »

RJ749

• SEEG Cult Newbie
  • 10K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2006 FLHTCUSE
    • CVO2: 2005 FLHTCSE
    • CVO3: 2002 FXDWG3
« Reply #6 on: January 22, 2008, 01:44:41 AM »

MORE GUNS, LESS “GUN CONTROL,” LESS CRIME

The number of privately owned guns in the U.S. is at an all-time high (upwards of 200 million) and rises about 4.5 million annually. The number of gun owners is also at an all-time high. Almost half of all households in America have guns.
During the last decade, many “gun control” laws have been eliminated or made less restrictive. Forty states now have RTC laws. The federal waiting period on handgun sales ended in 1998, in favor of the National Instant Check, and some states thereafter eliminated waiting periods, purchase permit requirements, or other laws delaying gun sales. The federal “assault weapon” ban expired in 2004.

All states now have hunter protection laws, 46 have range protection laws, 46 prohibit local jurisdictions from imposing gun laws more restrictive than state law, and 44 protect the right to arms in their constitutions. Congress and 33 states have prohibited frivolous lawsuits against the firearm industry.

Since 1991, violent crime has declined 38% overall, to a 30-year low. Murder has decreased 43%; rape, 25%; robbery, 48%; and aggravated assault, 33%.

GENERAL INFORMATION

Privately owned firearms in the U.S.: Well over 200 million, including upwards of 65-70 million handguns. The number rises by approximately 4.5 million annually. (BATFE)

• Gun owners in the U.S.: 65-80 million; 30-35 million own handguns

• American households that have firearms: Approx. 45%

• Hunters nationwide: 18.5 million (National Shooting Sports Foundation)

• NRA State Associations and Local Clubs: 10,000

• NRA Target Shooting Tournaments annually: 10,000

• NRA Certified Instructors 51,000

Copyright 2008, National Rifle Association of America, Institute for Legislative Action.
This may be reproduced. It may not be reproduced for commercial purposes.

Quoted from: http://www.nraila.org//Issues/FactSheets/Read.aspx?ID=83
« Last Edit: January 22, 2008, 01:49:19 AM by Rjob749 »

mr_magoo

• 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: 04 SEEG Orange & Black All Attitude
    • CVO2: 08 CUSE Copper Canyon & Stardust Silver the Cruiser
« Reply #7 on: January 22, 2008, 09:36:00 AM »

When guns are illegal the only ones with guns will be the crooks.  Proud to carry an NRA card.  They are the defenders or our rights to keep and bear arms. 
2008FLHTCUSE3 Copper Canyon & Stardust Silver
Freedom Gear drive cams, Elite D Exhaust.

2004 SEEG Pumpkin
freedom exhaust
power commander
W/ American legend trailer<br

LRebel

• 2.5K CVO Member
« Reply #8 on: January 22, 2008, 11:41:30 AM »

Politicians pay big buck$ to spin their agenda.  Don't allow your Second Amendment rights to be taken away. 
Research before you vote!

VAZHOG

• 1K CVO Member
« Reply #9 on: January 22, 2008, 12:58:06 PM »

I believe I read somewhere that the fact that private weapon ownership was very high across the US was what kept the Japanese from a ground assault in Cali  :vrolijk27: :rifle:

Yeah and because we (All Americans)  owned Laser's (CD PLAYERS) that is why the USSR fell in 1989  ;D ;D ;D ;D

Keats

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • Do not be led astray

• CVO1: 2008 FLHTCUSE3
    • CVO2: 2003 FXSTDSEI
« Reply #10 on: January 24, 2008, 09:11:11 AM »

everytime Gun control issues come up and debated,

I go out and buy another gun......

cannot have to many guns or motorcycles
Formally FLHTCUSE3
SoA #99.9            "Never say Die"
SEST,   open A/C , dyno tuned, D&D Fatcats 2 into 1 ceramic coated, new SE CNC Ported and coated Heads with 2.120 intake valve, SE camplate,
Jims SE Crank "Darkhorsed", Timkin conversion, Andrews 54H cams, Arnott Air shocks, intimidator front valves, HID headlights, LED turn signals, Moto Lights,  Zumo 550, SE compensator.

LRebel

• 2.5K CVO Member
« Reply #11 on: January 24, 2008, 10:48:05 AM »

everytime Gun control issues come up and debated,
I go out and buy another gun......
cannot have to many guns or motorcycles

Yep, I always seem to purchase new guns just before elections.
I guess I am afraid we could wind up with a liberal for president that will ban the sale of firearms.

CVOJOE

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • Life's a journey, why not enjoy the ride?
« Reply #12 on: January 25, 2008, 02:49:03 PM »

Quote: "The position of the National Rifle Association is clear. The Second Amendment protects the fundamental, individual right of law-abiding citizens to own firearms for any lawful purpose. Further, any law infringing this freedom, including a ban on self-defense and handgun ownership, is unconstitutional and provides no benefit to curbing crime. "

That says it all!!    :2vrolijk_21:  :2vrolijk_21:  :2vrolijk_21:
2003 FLHRSEI2. (Sold) :(

Horsepower is how fast you hit a wall.Torque is how far you will take the wall with you.

Coolbreeze

• 1K CVO Member
  • Bridge to nowhere...
« Reply #13 on: January 25, 2008, 03:47:37 PM »

Yep, I always seem to purchase new guns just before elections.
I guess I am afraid we could wind up with a liberal for president that will ban the sale of firearms.

Which is why I am always stuck voting Republican.  the damned democrats are always so virulently anti-gun head-in-the-sand, somebody-else-will-take-care-of-me-ish, that I get stuck with a second rate politico, jsut to be able to protect my family. 

It's a crappy position to be in.   Acck.  I hate elections.    :soapbox:
2005 Red SEEG
2002 Low Rider
New Kitchen
New Laundry Room
Two New Nieces! (w/ frayed Brother-in-Law)

spydglide

• 10K CVO Member
  • spyder-psychle
« Reply #14 on: January 25, 2008, 05:09:05 PM »

Which is why I am always stuck voting Republican.  the damned democrats are always so virulently anti-gun head-in-the-sand, somebody-else-will-take-care-of-me-ish, that I get stuck with a second rate politico, jsut to be able to protect my family. 

It's a crappy position to be in.   Acck.  I hate elections.    :soapbox:
Ain't that the truth!   Or, at least it seems to have been for most of my voting life.  :(  aaarrgh.  spyder
2004 FLHTCSE Cobalt 'Huckleberry'  .....94K+mi.     &  1994 FLSTN 'OleGranny' .....116K+mi.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4  All

Page created in 0.21 seconds with 21 queries.