Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Upgrades to CVO  (Read 1501 times)

Reddog303

• www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • BC

Upgrades to CVO
« on: April 03, 2019, 12:02:31 PM »

Well bit the bullet went to the Super shocks and replaced the air system,that was huge.Also updated to a long ride shield and changed out the lifters (my buds delaminated and took out the engine) and seems that was a good move to. This is now where I believe I want it so retirement around the corner and off to the south :)

dayne66

• 2.5K CVO Member
    • BC

• CVO1: '12 Ruby/Typhoon SG
    • CVO2: '15 Superior Blue FLD Switchback
Re: Upgrades to CVO
« Reply #1 on: April 03, 2019, 03:24:41 PM »

lookinf forward to a report on the SuperShox when you get a few....and a variety....of miles on them!
"The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing." Socrates

bigchuck

• Elite CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • TX

• CVO1: 2015 Limited
Re: Upgrades to CVO
« Reply #2 on: April 03, 2019, 11:36:04 PM »

lookinf forward to a report on the SuperShox when you get a few....and a variety....of miles on them!
I have nothing but good things to say about Super Shox. I loaded down bike 2up (420lbs) + gear(40lbs) without changing shock adjustment from original setting. I never bottomed out once the entire trip of 1650 mile. After unloading gear at the hotel I still left the shocks at original setting figuring this would leave the suspension on the stiff side for the challenging roads in the area. I was very pleased with the shock performance all week. I remember being surprised by a very sharp turn on 123. I went in hot braking hard then hit a bump just prior to the apex. No wheel hop at all. Felt like I was on a rail. After returning home I took bike to dealer for oil change and rear tire. When I picked up the bike I asked mechanic if the lowering blocks were in the way. He said that he has seen them before and has had to adjust them but didn't mine. Said not a big deal either way. I have now adjusted shock 1/2 turn to soften them, not because I think it is needed but to see how soft I can go before bottoming out. As stated before I have nothing to compare to other than stock shocks and would love to hear what others think about Super Shox. If you are going to purchase shock give them a try. With their warranty you have nothing to lose.

The above was a post I made in November of 2017. I'm still very satisfied and would purchase again. They now offer other options at Super Shox that I no experience with.
2015 CVO Limited
Long Ride Shield
Fullsac dx w/2"cores, TTS tuned by Wolfgang
Super Shox

Page created in 0.13 seconds with 22 queries.