Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [All]

Author Topic: Weather forecast/radar on CVO Limited?  (Read 10425 times)

Grizzly

• 2.5K CVO Member
    • ON

• CVO1: '05 Jalapeno 1 of 692 sold
    • CVO2: '08 Duracell #601 of 1,800
Weather forecast/radar on CVO Limited?
« on: September 17, 2013, 07:46:20 PM »

Hi All CVO Limited Owners,

I saw my first CVO Limited today and was quite impressed.  In particular I was very impressed with the ability to pull up weather forecasts and radar conditions.  I'm hoping that some of the new owners can share their experience with this "exclusive to CVO" feature.  

Seems like it would be great when on the road and planning out your route to avoid any nasty weather in your path.  Also there is a traffic section as well which enables you to re-route around traffic jams.  Both I think would be a great assets to have.

Unfortunately the dealer couldn't demonstrate it to me as it is tied in with the satellite section and therefore only becomes active once the bike is delivered to the new owner and is signed up for the trial period.

I would appreciate any and all comments you have to share.

Thanks!
« Last Edit: September 18, 2013, 08:44:54 AM by Grizzly »
ALL 10 Provinces & ALL Lower 48 States ridden on "MY" bike

NW Territories and Alaska, here I come!

CircleRacer

• Senior CVO Member
Re: Weather forecast/radar on CVO Limited?
« Reply #1 on: September 20, 2013, 06:05:46 AM »

I have weather on my zummo 665 it is nice I like it!

mrmagloo

• 1K CVO Member
« Reply #2 on: September 20, 2013, 01:25:53 PM »

Hi All CVO Limited Owners,

I saw my first CVO Limited today and was quite impressed.  In particular I was very impressed with the ability to pull up weather forecasts and radar conditions.  I'm hoping that some of the new owners can share their experience with this "exclusive to CVO" feature.  

Seems like it would be great when on the road and planning out your route to avoid any nasty weather in your path.  Also there is a traffic section as well which enables you to re-route around traffic jams.  Both I think would be a great assets to have.

Unfortunately the dealer couldn't demonstrate it to me as it is tied in with the satellite section and therefore only becomes active once the bike is delivered to the new owner and is signed up for the trial period.

I would appreciate any and all comments you have to share.

Thanks!

I can't wait to hear how much this subscription is going to cost. My new Denali has the Travellink option to that SiriusXM, and by the time they factored in the Onstar with the global remote start and evertything too, that monthly cost was more than the monthly payments on my first car. Fugging ridiculous.
2004 SE Deuce - Cobalt Blue
2006 SE Ultra Classic - Autumn Haze

FLHTCUSE7

« Reply #3 on: September 20, 2013, 09:58:18 PM »

Full XM in my airplane is $3K a year so whatever it is it will look cheap.

My guess is $100 a year. Peanuts considering the price of the motor

cowboy7123

• Senior CVO Member

• CVO1: 08 Ultra
    • CVO2: 09 Fatbob

ultrafxr

• There are no sure answers, only better questions. - Dick Van Dyke
  • 5k CVO Member
  • No problem is so small it cannot be misunderstood.
    • TN

• CVO1: 2020 FLHTCUTG Tahitian Teal
    • CVO2: 2017 FLHTKSE Palladium Silver/Phantom Blue/Wicked Sapphire-traded
    • CVO3: 2012 FLHTCUSE7 Electric Orange/Black Diamond-traded
« Reply #5 on: September 21, 2013, 04:43:00 PM »

they are running a special for $25 for 6 months. thats is for the radio.

http://www.siriusxm.com/servlet/Satellite?c=SXM_PageDetail_C&childpagename=SXM%2FSXM_PageDetail_C%2FOpenContent&cid=1283886947381&pagename=SXM%2FWrapper

It says it is only valid for a radio you already have whose subscription has expired.  Don't know if the special pricing  will work on a new previously unregistered radio.

Places ridden on my bike from my driveway.
IBA member # 45520

Grizzly

• 2.5K CVO Member
    • ON

« Reply #6 on: September 21, 2013, 05:09:04 PM »

It says it is only valid for a radio you already have whose subscription has expired.  Don't know if the special pricing  will work on a new previously unregistered radio.

Thanks for the tip... After seeing this I called the number and then had to call their Canadian office, and for once I'm very pleased to say "We WON" at least this time.  I reactivated the XM in my wife's car for only $19.99 plus (tax of course) for a 6 months period.  After that I can continue it or cancel without charge.

I was surprised as the AD clearly states that it is available to US customers, but my gal in Canada had no problem offering me even a better deal!  Sweet!

Just another reason why I love this site so much.

Again, thanks for the tip... Now momma's happy, so everyone is happy!  ;D

PS - Still wondering if any new CVO Limited owners have tried the weather radar option, and what's it like to use?
« Last Edit: September 22, 2013, 07:49:22 AM by Grizzly »

cowboy7123

• Senior CVO Member

« Reply #7 on: September 21, 2013, 11:54:05 PM »

Call them and tell them you got the special in the mail. I use it all the time with my car, truck and my current bike and I will use it on my new one when it comes in.

limited1432

• Junior CVO Member
« Reply #8 on: September 23, 2013, 05:11:25 PM »

I have a FLHTK 2014 with the Nav radio and XM.....the radio is not upgradable at this time......My old bike had The garmin 665 with XM and  Doppler great feature....Cant get it on the 2014 set up Yet??????.......The radio has Grayed out services on a screen but cant be used......a special antenna must be used!!!!....So all u get is MUSIC......
Support Our Troops
Thank a Soldier

oe542bob

• Full CVO Member
    • PA

• CVO1: 2012 FLHTCUSE7(traded)
    • CVO2: 2014 FLHTKSE(traded)
    • CVO3: 2017 FLHXSE(traded) ‘19 FLHXSE(traded) ‘21 FLHXSE
« Reply #9 on: September 23, 2013, 06:35:54 PM »

Is the weather thru SiriusXM Travelink? It is on our Grand Cherokee with the navigation radio. Have Garmin 660 on my FLHTCUSE7, so I am curious about what company is supplying weather data. Weather not available on the 660, but with a special traffic receiver and within range of an FM station transmitting traffic data, you can get traffic color coded to indicate traffic conditions. No Doppler weather maps though. Would be a plus if the new radio had that. Maybe updates to software will bring that available.
I have a FLHTK 2014 with the Nav radio and XM.....the radio is not upgradable at this time......My old bike had The garmin 665 with XM and  Doppler great feature....Cant get it on the 2014 set up Yet??????.......The radio has Grayed out services on a screen but cant be used......a special antenna must be used!!!!....So all u get is MUSIC......

Opossum

• Blue is Faster
  • Senior CVO Member
  • “Some may never live, but the crazy never die.”
    • TX

• CVO1: 2014 CVO Ultra Limited Jupiter Blue and Wicked Sapphire
    • CVO2: 2010 FLHTCUSE5 Burnt Amber/Hot Citrus (gone but not forgotten)
« Reply #10 on: September 24, 2013, 09:29:59 AM »

All I could get for free 90 day trial was music...took 4 phone call before I could get thru to anyone to get the weather, luckily I had weather on the Garmin 665, they transferred that and it worked, WAY better than the 665 the radar overlays on the screen rather than a separate crappy screen,  me thinks it'll be a huge upgrade.
"And those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music"

limited1432

• Junior CVO Member
« Reply #11 on: September 24, 2013, 05:56:43 PM »

I Just Got off the phone with XM 6 phone calls and they say weather doesnt work with my radio....they have me on a 7 to 10 day we will check into it>>>LOL
Support Our Troops
Thank a Soldier

limited1432

• Junior CVO Member
« Reply #12 on: September 24, 2013, 09:39:35 PM »

Update ....update....Ok heres the deal ......there are 2 Phone numbers for your xm service.......if you want just radio call 1800-643-2112....

For the Radio and weather radar and all the other options call  1800-985-9200......Just call this number they know the product...

The numbers will be shown on your screen....also.......
Support Our Troops
Thank a Soldier

AMEDD_SFC

• Senior CVO Member
  • 2014 CVO Limited
    • TX

• CVO1: 2014 CVO Limited - The Big Red One
« Reply #13 on: September 24, 2013, 11:20:33 PM »

Update ....update....Ok heres the deal ......there are 2 Phone numbers for your xm service.......if you want just radio call 1800-643-2112....

For the Radio and weather radar and all the other options call  1800-985-9200......Just call this number they know the product...

The numbers will be shown on your screen....also.......

Thank you!  Just book marked this reply as I am soon to register my Sirius XM and I want all the goodies.  I had the weather overlay for a couple of days and the Sirius went to demo a couple of days ago.  Been too busy to get things programmed, but what I saw was impressive.  What can I say, my wife has all the goodies in her Caddy and they come in helpful.  I want the full pull on my CVO.

She is getting better as a BSR, but it's nice to have someone who is willing to do follow on duty with the Caddy and serve as base camp for the longer group rides.   She still won't let me tag her ride with a SOA or Harley logo though  8)

Regards,

Mark

Mark B.
SFC, USA (RET)

CircleRacer

• Senior CVO Member
« Reply #14 on: October 06, 2013, 08:14:49 PM »

My 90 day free programing for weather, traffic and XM radio is about up on my Zumo 665. I called the 1-800-985-9200 number for the first time. It was very nice to talk to someone that knew their services!! When my service person ask me if I needed anything else I said yes it would be nice if you had a way not to charge me through the winter months because in Ohio I can't use your service on my motorcycle. He told me that the weather, traffic and music could be put on hold for up to five months to just call back and tell them when I stopped riding for the winter and the service would be put on hold until spring. Last fall I called the 1-800-643-2112 number when I lost signal on the radio and ask if I could not pay over the winter I was told no you have to pay all year long.   

cowboy7123

• Senior CVO Member

« Reply #15 on: October 07, 2013, 04:19:21 PM »

Last night I signed up for my special, 6 months for $25.. with that special, they are not able to active the weather service. They told me if they did it would cancel out my special.

jaymedic44

• Senior CVO Member
  • 2014 CVO limited silver/ autumn

• CVO1: 2009 Cvo ultra
    • CVO2: 2006 cvo ultra
    • CVO3: 2014 CVO limited
« Reply #16 on: October 11, 2013, 07:54:13 PM »

I have weather on my 14 and it works great
2014 CVO limited silver/autumn
2009 Cvo ULTRA 21 inch Pm wheels legend air ride progressive monotubs Fulsac exhaust
2006 Cvo ULTRA Autum Haze
2005 Heritage Softail World of wheels show bike
2004 Ultra Gold/Black
2003 Road King  Black/Silver
1999 Ultra Blue/Silver
1998 Road king Red/ Gold
1996 springer Custom
1974 Sportster

FLHTCUSE7

« Reply #17 on: October 11, 2013, 08:11:46 PM »

I got weather, traffic, fuel, and radio for free for 3 months. After that $200 annually.

Works perfect

Grizzly

• 2.5K CVO Member
    • ON

« Reply #18 on: October 11, 2013, 10:13:17 PM »

I have weather on my 14 and it works great

Is it possible for you to post a pic of the screen with a weather map displayed?

That would be much appreciated, if possible.  Thanks!

Pages: 1 2 [All]

Page created in 0.186 seconds with 21 queries.