Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Brown leather 2 up seat suggestion?  (Read 5918 times)

cvomiami

• www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • FL

Brown leather 2 up seat suggestion?
« on: August 26, 2014, 01:03:57 PM »

I am loving my FXDFSE2, but I am having a minor problem that maybe some of you guys have faced. My wife and I love the look of the brown leather seat but the truth is, she finds the passenger pillon pad completely uncomfortable. So you guys know, if the wife is not comfortable and doesn't want to ride, your riding time gets cut down..... So I have been looking around, both from the MOCO and aftermarket, for a comfortable 2 up brown leather seat to fit the FSDFSE@, but I am striking out. Has anyone found one or have any ideas for this issue? I personally find the solo brown leather seat fine and comfortable, so I could even get a replacement passenger pad if it matches the brown leather or probably easier, a 2 up brown leather seat. Any help on this would be much appreciated. Thank you .

Buy early

• 5k CVO Member
  • My future if I were Benjamin Button

• CVO1: 2001 FXDWG2 Switchblade - The Beast
    • CVO2: 2004 FXSTDSE2 Deuce - Beauty
Re: Brown leather 2 up seat suggestion?
« Reply #1 on: August 26, 2014, 04:58:13 PM »

Have you checked out Corbin? They'll make almost anything you want. Had a tan Dual Tour made for my Wide Glide. We both love it.

cvomiami

• www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • FL

« Reply #2 on: August 26, 2014, 06:05:21 PM »

Have you checked out Corbin? They'll make almost anything you want. Had a tan Dual Tour made for my Wide Glide. We both love it.

Thanks, I did check out their site but didn't find anything on their "stock" products to fit, so I assume it was custom. can I ask what yours costs, looks nice. I was thinking if someone had bought or found something stock like I am thinking. Its just that the CVO set me back a pretty penny, so trying to outfit it without breaking the bank. Thanks.

Buy early

• 5k CVO Member
  • My future if I were Benjamin Button

• CVO1: 2001 FXDWG2 Switchblade - The Beast
    • CVO2: 2004 FXSTDSE2 Deuce - Beauty
« Reply #3 on: August 26, 2014, 08:01:28 PM »

Thanks, I did check out their site but didn't find anything on their "stock" products to fit, so I assume it was custom. can I ask what yours costs, looks nice. I was thinking if someone had bought or found something stock like I am thinking. Its just that the CVO set me back a pretty penny, so trying to outfit it without breaking the bank. Thanks.

Little over $900 all in with back rests and sissy bar.

I would think this would work

http://www.corbin.com/harley/dyna/hd-fxd-8-dt.shtml

Leather color options here:

http://www.corbin.com/materials/
« Last Edit: August 26, 2014, 08:09:07 PM by Buy early »

cvomiami

• www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • FL

« Reply #4 on: August 28, 2014, 10:27:32 AM »

Little over $900 all in with back rests and sissy bar.

I would think this would work

http://www.corbin.com/harley/dyna/hd-fxd-8-dt.shtml

Leather color options here:

http://www.corbin.com/materials/

awesome, thanks for the tip. I am going to call them and see what they can do. Definitely looks comfy and if they can match the brown leather, we are in business. Thanks a million.

cvomiami

• www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • FL

« Reply #5 on: October 17, 2014, 05:45:51 PM »

Ok, well after reviewing several options, including custom made seats, HD seats, Corbins, etc, I really didn't want to change the look of the "broken-in" leather that the original seat gave the bike, so I went with the Mustang wide tripper solo seat in distressed brown and the matching seat. Here is some pictures, and works fine. I still use the original HD seat when flying solo, but when the lady is on the back, the mustang rear seat is a HUGE improvement from the stock bitch pad that really feels like a brick. Now the wifey is comfortable and wants to ride, it still has the look of the distressed brown which I like, and the standard sissy bar/pad fit just fine as well. As for the drivers seat, I do feel more comfortable with the original STock Harley seat, but the mustang is not bad, still breaking in. Thought I would share in case anyone is considering this option. One thing I did have to get was an extra long screw for the back seat, as the bumper ribs on the fender plus the half inch pads on the bottom of the mustang seat meant the standard screw to attach the rear seat was too short.

cvomiami

• www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • FL

« Reply #6 on: October 17, 2014, 05:47:21 PM »

another shot

cvomiami

• www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • FL

« Reply #7 on: October 17, 2014, 05:48:30 PM »

and one more

Page created in 0.134 seconds with 24 queries.