Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: ...but it may make me feel better  (Read 1714 times)

Gecko

• Elite CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
...but it may make me feel better
« on: June 19, 2008, 06:37:17 PM »

Not that it will have any effect on them, but the Motor Company just sent me a survey wanting to know what I think about the product I bought and how the dealer is doing.  At least I have something to do this weekend - composing a letter to attach explaining my view of their P.O.S. top-of-the-line bikes and the likelihood of this being my last purchase from them.  Used maybe, but I'm done being part of their product development program.  There, I do feel better.

For a fleeting moment when I saw the envelope I thought it might be that letter saying they were going to fix the problems, should have known better.
2007 SERK3, SERT, V&H Dresser Duals, Monster Ovals, IDS, HID, knocking sound, valve noise.

If you think it's the journey not the destination you don't live in Nebraska.

Ghost Rider

• 1K CVO Member
  • EBCM # WHORE

• CVO1: 2011 FLHXSE2 Kermit
    • CVO2: 2015 Victory Ness Magnum #31 of 299
    • CVO3: 2013 Can-Am Spyder RTS
Re: ...but it may make me feel better
« Reply #1 on: June 19, 2008, 06:40:47 PM »

I had the same experience a couple of weeks ago.  The day after the dealership had managed to screw up the simple task of changing a tire I get my satisfaction survey.  Needless to say I was less then satisfied and not very kind to my local dealer.

It did make me feel better, even though I know no one will ever see my letter and responses.

SPIDERMAN

« Reply #2 on: June 19, 2008, 06:43:32 PM »

I had the same experience a couple of weeks ago.  The day after the dealership had managed to screw up the simple task of changing a tire I get my satisfaction survey.  Needless to say I was less then satisfied and not very kind to my local dealer.

It did make me feel better, even though I know no one will ever see my letter and responses.

Concur 100%
                   And you know what else ?
 I'm not sure what aggravates me more. The orginal chitty service or the fact that nobody ever gets back to me on the negative comments on the survey. It's like double DILLIGAF

B B

Keithincda

• Senior CVO Member
  • Almost there!

• CVO1: Teal 2005 Screaming Eagle Electra Glide
« Reply #3 on: June 19, 2008, 07:16:01 PM »

It's like double DILLIGAF

Okay...I'm still new...wtf does that mean.. :nixweiss:

Fired00d

• Global Moderator
  • 25K CVO Member
  • Orange & Black SEEG... Can it get any better?
    • VA

• CVO1: FLHTCSE
« Reply #4 on: June 19, 2008, 07:20:39 PM »

It's like double DILLIGAF

Okay...I'm still new...wtf does that mean.. :nixweiss:
Double DILLIGAF = Does It Look Like I Give A "F" two times. :nixweiss:

:pumpkin:
Ride Safe,
Fired00d
 :fireman:
:pumpkin: 2004 Screamin’ Eagle Electra Glide :pumpkin:
Rinehart True Duals
SE Breather
SE Race Tuner
HogTunes Speakers
Zippers 575 Gear Drive Cams
Zippers Pro-Tapered Adjustable Push Rods
Zippers Oil Pressure Bypass Shim
Feuling Oil Pump
Feuling Lifters
Zumo 550 W/Flame Caps
Lyndall Z+ Brake Pads
CVOHarley Member #1234
PGR Member #754 (Since '05)
Proud Member EBCM #2.0

ultrafxr

• There are no sure answers, only better questions. - Dick Van Dyke
  • 5k CVO Member
  • No problem is so small it cannot be misunderstood.
    • TN

• CVO1: 2020 FLHTCUTG Tahitian Teal
    • CVO2: 2017 FLHTKSE Palladium Silver/Phantom Blue/Wicked Sapphire-traded
    • CVO3: 2012 FLHTCUSE7 Electric Orange/Black Diamond-traded
« Reply #5 on: June 19, 2008, 07:40:30 PM »

The moco sends these back to the servicing dealer.  Friend had some less that kind things to say about dealer on his survey.  Few weeks later dealer phoned him rather upset and asked why, if he was unhappy, he had not contacted him (the dealer) about his problems.  These surveys are a big part of qualifying dealers for the silver & gold bar & shield awards I'm pretty sure.

Places ridden on my bike from my driveway.
IBA member # 45520

Keithincda

• Senior CVO Member
  • Almost there!

• CVO1: Teal 2005 Screaming Eagle Electra Glide
« Reply #6 on: June 19, 2008, 07:43:37 PM »

thanks dood...still learning the vernacular.. :2vrolijk_21:

SPIDERMAN

« Reply #7 on: June 19, 2008, 08:02:26 PM »

The moco sends these back to the servicing dealer.  Friend had some less that kind things to say about dealer on his survey.  Few weeks later dealer phoned him rather upset and asked why, if he was unhappy, he had not contacted him (the dealer) about his problems.  These surveys are a big part of qualifying dealers for the silver & gold bar & shield awards I'm pretty sure.

Good for your friend ultrafxr. I hope he told the dealer " because you don't give a damn nor does anybody that works for you " That would sure be the case at San Diego H-D 

And don't you just love the way the salesman will say after he's sold you a bike " you'll be getting a survey in the mail, make sure you give me all 10's on the score "   

B B

sadunbar

• 10K CVO Member
  • EBCM # Stealth - SSBS # 1.1 - SoA # Z&E2525 .01%
    • IL

• CVO1: 2007 FLHTCUSE2
    • CVO2: 2000 FXR4
« Reply #8 on: June 19, 2008, 08:09:09 PM »

I had the owner of an automotive dealer call me and ask me that very question some years ago.  My reply was "A better question for you to ask is why your employees, all the way up to your general manager didn't tell you I was unhappy, because they certainly knew."  He responded "You know, your right.  I think I will go find out.  Is there anything I can do to make this right?"  There was...he did it...and all was well.
2007 Screamin Eagle Ultra Classic - Light Candy Cherry and Black Ice
Screamin Eagle 120r
Revolution Performance EMS
Fuel Moto Jackpot headpipes and 4.5" Pro Touring Mufflers
HPI 55mm Throttle Body w/5.3 injectors
BDL clutch w/VPC92T
Traxxion AK-20
Legend Air Suspension
Brembo Brake Calipers/Rotors
Garmin Zumo
575 Chubby's
Bushtec Quantum

SPIDERMAN

« Reply #9 on: June 19, 2008, 09:03:23 PM »

I had the owner of an automotive dealer call me and ask me that very question some years ago.  My reply was "A better question for you to ask is why your employees, all the way up to your general manager didn't tell you I was unhappy, because they certainly knew."  He responded "You know, your right.  I think I will go find out.  Is there anything I can do to make this right?"  There was...he did it...and all was well.
[/color]

San Diego H-D used to be that way  Before the SIL (Son in Law)  took over. Now it's DILLIGAF from the SIL on down to the Sweeper. The owner is off doing an I-Net radio show, working for the Cal Republican Party, riding to events, anything and everything but paying attention to the thing that pays his bills. I'm sure the SIL attributes the downturn in business to the economy and the owner never sees the chitty surverys.

B B

BIGDOG

• 1K CVO Member
  • EBCM#9.51 and a half .3
« Reply #10 on: June 19, 2008, 09:09:54 PM »

[/color]

San Diego H-D used to be that way  Before the SIL (Son in Law)  took over. Now it's DILLIGAF from the SIL on down to the Sweeper. The owner is off doing an I-Net radio show, working for the Cal Republican Party, riding to events, anything and everything but paying attention to the thing that pays his bills. I'm sure the SIL attributes the downturn in business to the economy and the owner never sees the chitty surverys.

B B
Spiderman you have to let this go your blood pressure is triple digits over way hi triple digits. Talk to FIL about SIL or just bitchslap SIL .
If your not liven on the edge , your taking up to much space!

SPIDERMAN

« Reply #11 on: June 19, 2008, 09:16:28 PM »

Spiderman you have to let this go your blood pressure is triple digits over way hi triple digits. Talk to FIL about SIL or just bitchslap SIL .

BIGDOG, there's an emoticon to save you typing that fits here. I'll show you this once  :beatdeadhorse:

And thanks, you're right

B B

BIGDOG

• 1K CVO Member
  • EBCM#9.51 and a half .3
« Reply #12 on: June 19, 2008, 09:44:43 PM »

BIGDOG, there's an emoticon to save you typing that fits here. I'll show you this once :beatdeadhorse:

And thanks, you're right

B B
That was good , but actually you should slap the SIL it will make you feel better. :2vrolijk_21:
If your not liven on the edge , your taking up to much space!

JoMo

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • 08 black & chrome soft tail custom
« Reply #13 on: July 02, 2008, 04:40:43 PM »

C S I's are important to dealerships,
I find that if you are unhappy with the service, demand to speak with the head of the dealership,
and threaten to take it to the main HQ if it not resolved.
They don't like that it gives them a black mark. And if all else fails then BITCH SLAP them

Jo Mo

Page created in 0.175 seconds with 24 queries.