Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: '09 ULTRA CLASSIC WITH BIG BORE KIT FOR 103 CU IN & '07 SERK MUFFLERS  (Read 2314 times)

PHAZE

• 1K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: '05 SEEG/'06 CUSE/'07 SERK/'09 SERG (ALL SOLD)
    • CVO2: '09 CVO Fat Bob Black Diamond/Fire Quartz (SOLD)
    • CVO3: '11.5 CVO Ultra Classic Twilight Blue/Candy Cobalt

I have always appreciated the width and depth of advice provided here, so I'm going to throw something out and look forward to input.  On December 19th I traded my '06 CUSE for an '09 SERG and have no regrets.  The SERG keeps me in the CVO family, but I'm going to sell my '07 SERK in February and buy an '09 Ultra Classic (not CVO).  My question here has to do with putting the 103 Big Bore Kit on the Ultra and the possibility of using the mufflers that came off of the '07 SERK on the new Ultra. 

I read in the P&A Catalog that you can put the 103 Kit on an '09 Touring Bike at the time of delivery and maintain your standard factory warranty.  It also appears that mufflers might be a part of that 103 Kit.  I like the look of the 4" mufflers that came on the SERK. 

I went through D&D Fatcats, K&N High Flow filter, SERT, and dyno tuning on my '06 CUSE and '07 SERK.  I've been there and done that and really have come to enjoy a quieter ride and don't care about squeezing out a few more horses and foot pounds.  I don't want to have any warranty questions on the standard warranty (or possible extended service plan). 

I'll look forward to feedback!

chaos901

• Senior CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: 2000 SE Road Glide
    • CVO2: 2008 SEUC3
    • CVO3: 2010 SEUC5
Re: '09 ULTRA CLASSIC WITH BIG BORE KIT FOR 103 CU IN & '07 SERK MUFFLERS
« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2009, 08:54:43 AM »

If you are interested, I have a 103 on my white bike (07 Ultra) and just use the mufflers that came with the kit.  Works for me.  You can try it out sometime. 

FR8TRN

• 1K CVO Member
  • Ya ever take a crap so big your pants fit better??
Re: '09 ULTRA CLASSIC WITH BIG BORE KIT FOR 103 CU IN & '07 SERK MUFFLERS
« Reply #2 on: January 06, 2009, 09:05:25 AM »

Sounds like your looking at the Stage II 103" Kit, some dealers are providing the option of breaking everything out to seperate parts so you can use your own (or different) mufflers, or just doing the Stage I 103" Kit with an add-on set of cams, same difference.  On that, depending on how you ride the SE255 cams that come with the Stage II Kit are said to run outta ooomph at about 5K RPM on the 103".  You might want to consider the cams you had on your old CVO 103" if you were happy with it.

Page created in 0.129 seconds with 24 queries.