Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8  All

Author Topic: What makes you a biker?  (Read 8505 times)

LarryB

• Tennessee Squire
  • 2.5K CVO Member

• CVO1: 09 FLTRSE3 The Grey Ghost
Re: What makes you a biker?
« Reply #90 on: January 17, 2009, 06:19:07 AM »

Dave, you officially got a blasting coming if we ever hook up. my Wife saw that and went ape chit. lol. She rides and average of 9500 miles a year, on her bike. has at Least 7  Tatts, and would stand toe to toe with anyone in a good bar fight, seen her do it before, the guy almost bled to death.
But when she is doing HER work thing, you'd never know.
So, In my final determination, What Makes you a Biker? It's not how you see yourself, its how others see you.
Take it Easy Greasy Cuz it's a long walk home.

Did I shave my head for this?

1abastarsmda

• 2.5K CVO Member
    • PA

• CVO1: 2021 CVO Limited
« Reply #91 on: January 17, 2009, 07:18:04 AM »

Dave, you officially got a blasting coming if we ever hook up. my Wife saw that and went ape chit. lol. She rides and average of 9500 miles a year, on her bike. has at Least 7  Tatts, and would stand toe to toe with anyone in a good bar fight, seen her do it before, the guy almost bled to death.
But when she is doing HER work thing, you'd never know.
So, In my final determination, What Makes you a Biker? It's not how you see yourself, its how others see you.

I hope she saw the post where I changed my mind.  I was really looking forward to meeting up with you one of these days.  Now I have to worry that your wife is going to thrash me within an inch of my life.  Hopefully, she can get past that with me and just realize that I always say the wrong things.  That's just me.

Hugh Janis

• Jim
  • 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: FLHTCUSE2 Cherry and Black
« Reply #92 on: January 17, 2009, 09:26:52 AM »

I hope she saw the post where I changed my mind.  I was really looking forward to meeting up with you one of these days.  Now I have to worry that your wife is going to thrash me within an inch of my life.  Hopefully, she can get past that with me and just realize that I always say the wrong things.  That's just me.

Are you an organ donor?  It's important for us to know before Eureka Springs.
"I don't mind coming to work,
But that eight hour wait to go home is a bitch."

Click link for BBQ song..   http://www.collegehumor.com/video:1825742

DarkEagle

• Full CVO Member

• CVO1: 2009 FXSTSSE3 Black Diamond with Emerald Ice Flames
« Reply #93 on: January 17, 2009, 09:30:29 AM »

I always figured what defined a biker was something inside that person involving a spiritual conection with their bike, the road, and brother/sisterhood of other bikers.

It seems nowadays the public perception of a biker spans a full range of stereotypes, iconic celebrities, and just plain hype by the media and motorcycle & accessory industry.

I think of it as just another label people can easily attach to a person or themselves based on several observations including the fact or impression that they ride a bike. Sometimes it the style, type, and/or brand of the bike; the black leather jacket, gloves, boots, chaps, tats, piercings, and/or attitude.

I don't think of myself as a "biker", but I'm sure others might look at me as one when I'm out there on a ride. I feel more like a biker when other bikers make me feel like I'm one of them, and that is something that just happens naturally without someone having to make a point of it.

:2vrolijk_08: :2vrolijk_08: :2vrolijk_08:   :huepfenlol2: :huepfenlol2: :huepfenlol2:
if he isn't, that is the least he can do! :2vrolijk_21: :2vrolijk_21: :2vrolijk_21:
« Last Edit: January 17, 2009, 09:38:57 AM by DarkEagle »

1abastarsmda

• 2.5K CVO Member
    • PA

« Reply #94 on: January 17, 2009, 09:45:11 AM »

Somebody must have hacked into my computer.  I didn't type any of that.  Yea, that's the ticket.  I deny it to the end.  Are you planning the ride to Eureka Springs?  Heading through PA to get there?  I'm hoping to be able to make it and it could be a long ride on my own.

Hugh Janis

• Jim
  • 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: FLHTCUSE2 Cherry and Black
« Reply #95 on: January 17, 2009, 09:53:02 AM »

Somebody must have hacked into my computer.  I didn't type any of that.  Yea, that's the ticket.  I deny it to the end.  Are you planning the ride to Eureka Springs?  Heading through PA to get there?  I'm hoping to be able to make it and it could be a long ride on my own.

I believe the route has me going through Ohio to Kentucky.  It's certainly in the general direction of western PA.  Right now, the chances look a little less than 50% but I'm optimistic.  GH and I may hook up on the way also.  I'd like to take a day or two in the Lexington area for some bourbon tours on the way home.
"I don't mind coming to work,
But that eight hour wait to go home is a bitch."

Click link for BBQ song..   http://www.collegehumor.com/video:1825742

1abastarsmda

• 2.5K CVO Member
    • PA

« Reply #96 on: January 17, 2009, 09:58:16 AM »

I just realized where Clarence is...I used to live in Buffalo...and realized that you would likely head through OH, which obviously isn't a problem for me.  If I am able to go at the time, that will mean I'm free to go wherever I please and stay away as long as I want.  But then that's still a few months away, so who knows what anyone's situation will be by then.  If you find you are able to go, keep me in mind.  I can always shoot over into OH to meet up.

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member
  • This chit ain't ROCKET SCIENCE!!!!

• CVO1: '07C FLHRSE3, BLACK ICE OF COURSE, CUSTOM 110" TC 6-SPEED +++, "CYBIL"!!!
    • CVO2: '99 FXR3 BRIGHT & DARK CANDY BLUE W/FLAMES, STAGE II 80" EVO 5-SPEED +++, "JOY"!!!
    • CVO3: 4: & 5: '85 FXWG BLACK w/CUSTOM FLAMES, 110" EVO 6-SPEED +++ CVO style!!!; '08 NSMC PROSG CUSTOM FXR BASED PRO STREET BLACK, 89" EVO 5-SPEED, VERY FAST!!!; '09 NSMC HSTBBR CUSTOM RIGID HOISTBOBBER, SILVER METALFLAKE BATES SOLO SEAT & TIN w/BLACK WISHBONE FRAME, 80" EVO (w/Shovelhead bottom end) 4-SPEED! VERY COOL!!!
« Reply #97 on: January 17, 2009, 10:18:21 AM »

This is way to simple! You own and ride the chit out of a motorcycle, YOU'RE A BIKER!!! You own one and trailer it everywhere to park it on Main St, YOU'RE A POSER!!! You don't own one but dress up like you do, YOU'RE A SIDEWALK COMMANDO!!! Really all there is to this! ;D ;)

Hoist! 8)
"We wanna be free to ride our machines without being hassled by The Man!"

Traxxion Dynamics Suspension Rules! "It ain't braggin' if you can back it up!"

"Cause I'm sitting on top of the world!" (zoom in on satellite map in my Profile)

icybay

• Senior CVO Member

• CVO1: (2) 2004 SEEG B&B's ECoast & WCoast
    • CVO2: 2000 FLTRSEI B/O/W
« Reply #98 on: January 17, 2009, 10:27:43 AM »

Howie, I think you are a POST commando!

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member

• CVO1: '07C FLHRSE3, BLACK ICE OF COURSE, CUSTOM 110" TC 6-SPEED +++, "CYBIL"!!!
    • CVO2: '99 FXR3 BRIGHT & DARK CANDY BLUE W/FLAMES, STAGE II 80" EVO 5-SPEED +++, "JOY"!!!
    • CVO3: 4: & 5: '85 FXWG BLACK w/CUSTOM FLAMES, 110" EVO 6-SPEED +++ CVO style!!!; '08 NSMC PROSG CUSTOM FXR BASED PRO STREET BLACK, 89" EVO 5-SPEED, VERY FAST!!!; '09 NSMC HSTBBR CUSTOM RIGID HOISTBOBBER, SILVER METALFLAKE BATES SOLO SEAT & TIN w/BLACK WISHBONE FRAME, 80" EVO (w/Shovelhead bottom end) 4-SPEED! VERY COOL!!!
« Reply #99 on: January 17, 2009, 10:29:43 AM »

Howie, I think you are a POST commando!

No Tim, that would mean I dress like a poster but DON'T post!!! ;D ;D ;D

Hoist! 8)

"Cause I'm sitting on top of the world!" (zoom in on satellite map in my Profile)

FLSTFI Dave

• IBA 69147
  • 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: 2023 FLTRXSE Whiskey Neat
    • CVO2: 2021 RA1250S Pan America Special
    • CVO3: 2003 Fatboy, 95"quot, S&ampS 570 gear drive cam
« Reply #100 on: January 17, 2009, 10:38:23 AM »

I've seen women riding there own motorcycles but I don't think I've ever seen a woman biker. Sorry girls. Thats just my take.

Well, most the Bikers did not ride to the January Chapter meeting, as it was 17 degrees out.  Most live in the town the meeting is.  My wife rode the 136 mile round trip.  She has put 22,340 miles on her 20 month old 883L.

I am willing to bet that is more mile than most put on a year.  The bike had 13,700 miles on it the day it was one year old. 
2023 FLTRXSE Whiskey Neat
2021 RA1250S Pan America Special
2019 FLTRXSE Red Pepper / Magnetic Gray Traded
2018 FLTRXSE Gunship Gray  Traded
2017 FLHXSE  Starfire Black / Atomic Red  Traded
2015 FLTRUSE Abyss Blue / Crushed Saphire Traded
2013 FLHRSE5 Diamond Dust 117  Traded
2012 FLTRXSE White Gold Pearl / Starfire Black  Traded
2009 FLTRSE3 Silver/Titanium  Traded
2003 Fatboy, real fire paint set,

Fired00d

• Global Moderator
  • 25K CVO Member
  • Orange & Black SEEG... Can it get any better?
    • VA

• CVO1: FLHTCSE
« Reply #101 on: January 17, 2009, 11:08:38 AM »

Am I a biker?? I don't know, and don't really care.

I bought and ride my bike because it's a hobby that I like to participate in.  Ride it when I want, with whom I want, to where I want. It is as simple as that.

I'd much rather be recognized and respected for being a man, husband, father, grandfather, and friend.

:pumpkin:
Ride Safe,
Fired00d
 :fireman:
:pumpkin: 2004 Screamin’ Eagle Electra Glide :pumpkin:
Rinehart True Duals
SE Breather
SE Race Tuner
HogTunes Speakers
Zippers 575 Gear Drive Cams
Zippers Pro-Tapered Adjustable Push Rods
Zippers Oil Pressure Bypass Shim
Feuling Oil Pump
Feuling Lifters
Zumo 550 W/Flame Caps
Lyndall Z+ Brake Pads
CVOHarley Member #1234
PGR Member #754 (Since '05)
Proud Member EBCM #2.0

1abastarsmda

• 2.5K CVO Member
    • PA

« Reply #102 on: January 17, 2009, 11:15:22 AM »

bik⋅er   /ˈbaɪkər/ Show Spelled Pronunciation  [bahy-ker] Show IPA Pronunciation 

–noun 1. a person who rides a bicycle, motorcycle, or motorbike, esp. in competition or as a hobby.
2. Informal. a member of a motorcycle gang

So, if you ride one, you're a biker.  If you are a HOG member (isn't that the biggest gang around?) then you're a biker.  Hate to burst everyone's bubble, but I think we are all bikers on this forum.

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member

« Reply #103 on: January 17, 2009, 11:19:52 AM »

bik⋅er   /ˈbaɪkər/ Show Spelled Pronunciation  [bahy-ker] Show IPA Pronunciation 

–noun 1. a person who rides a bicycle, motorcycle, or motorbike, esp. in competition or as a hobby.
2. Informal. a member of a motorcycle gang

So, if you ride one, you're a biker.  If you are a HOG member (isn't that the biggest gang around?) then you're a biker.  Hate to burst everyone's bubble, but I think we are all bikers on this forum.

HeHe!!! That's what I've been trying to tell everyone here. Some don't like to be labeled though! Personally, it's more than owning and riding a bike. It's my entire lifestyle and a major part of m life! Am I a biker? F yeah!!! And proud of it too!!! :2vrolijk_21: :huepfenjump3: :drink:

Hoist! 8)

JR

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • Be Still and Know that I AM God
    • TN

• CVO1: 2012 ULTRA FLHTCUSE7
    • CVO2: 2005 SEEG FLHTCSE2
    • CVO3: 2000 SERG FLTRSEI
    • photobucket.com
« Reply #104 on: January 17, 2009, 11:50:56 AM »

Am I a biker?? I don't know, and don't really care.

I bought and ride my bike because it's a hobby that I like to participate in.  Ride it when I want, with whom I want, to where I want. It is as simple as that.

I'd much rather be recognized and respected for being a man, husband, father, grandfather, and friend.

:pumpkin:
Ride Safe,
Fired00d
 :fireman:

Exactly!!! :2vrolijk_21: Word for word what I was thinking Gary! Wow! I always heard great minds think alike. Now I'm not sure! :huepfenlol2: :huepfenlol2: :huepfenlol2:
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8  All

Page created in 0.195 seconds with 22 queries.