Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All

Author Topic: **Canelled** Ride Like A Pro West Coast......Nor Cal  (Read 3011 times)

moscooter

• 1K CVO Member
Re: Ride Like A Pro West Coast......Nor Cal
« Reply #30 on: May 18, 2009, 12:22:07 PM »

:)
Cool,  now if I get the dvd ........can I borrow your bike to practice those drills. :cherry:

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

• CVO1: 04 SEEG...sold
    • CVO2: 10 SESG...sold
    • CVO3: 13 FLHTCSE 8
Re: Ride Like A Pro West Coast......Nor Cal
« Reply #31 on: May 28, 2009, 12:49:58 AM »

Cancelled, due to lack of interest.
Never trade the thrills of living for the security of existence.  Remember...it's the journey, not the destination!

West Coast GTG   
Reno, NV (04), Reno, NV (05),  Cripple Creek, CO (06)  Hood River, OR (09), Lake Tahoe, CA (11) Carmel, CA (14), Ouray CO (15) Fortuna, Ca. (16)

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

• CVO1: 04 SEEG...sold
    • CVO2: 10 SESG...sold
    • CVO3: 13 FLHTCSE 8
Re: **Canelled** Ride Like A Pro West Coast......Nor Cal
« Reply #32 on: May 28, 2009, 12:51:59 AM »

This effort is being cancelled due to lack of interest. 

As most of you know, we've been trying to get RIDE LIKE A PRO WEST COAST (RLAPWC) to come to Nor Cal for quite awhile.  I think I first wrote to Mark about this two years ago.  Andy has been supporting this all along.  After we rode to So Cal a few weeks ago, a number of members voiced an interest and we've finally talked Mark into trying this.

Andy has secured a location to hold the training....we need to do the rest.  If you're interested in RLAPWC now is the time to let it be known.....we want to bring it to you here in Nor Cal.  

Cost: $160 each.  Training bikes $150 each (limited to four bikes each class)

We're looking to fill two classes a day for two days of 6-7 riders each class.

We have an option of several dates however, we need to make this decision quickly, in order to secure the location (if you're interested in attending, please let us know what date works best for you and we'll go with the majority if that works for Mark and the location owner):

June 27   Hotbird (rental), Rooster (Rental),

June 28   Sanjoseduke, SMD

If you're interested and serious about this please just post here and you'll be contacted.  We can tell you that the training is valuable for new riders or those with years of experience and.........we had a great time doing it together. :2vrolijk_21:

A link to our recent trip to LA to attend this training:   http://www.cvoharley.com/smf/index.php?topic=35634.60

A link to Mark's web site to learn exactly what Ride Like A Pro is all about......or just ask one of us that have taken it:  http://www.ridelikeaprowestcoast.com/

I would tell you that it's all about learning how to ride at slow speeds, very tight maneuvers in a controlled position.  Making u-turns at slow speed with forks turned all the way to the fork stops, figure eights at slow speed with forks turned all the way to the fork stops, u-turn from a dead stop with forks turned all the way......no rolling start.....from a dead stop.  Try it.....after you pick your bike up, sign up for this training.  By the way, Mark will also show even the smallest rider how to pick their bike up by their self, from either side. :2vrolijk_21:
Never trade the thrills of living for the security of existence.  Remember...it's the journey, not the destination!

West Coast GTG   
Reno, NV (04), Reno, NV (05),  Cripple Creek, CO (06)  Hood River, OR (09), Lake Tahoe, CA (11) Carmel, CA (14), Ouray CO (15) Fortuna, Ca. (16)

Trapperdog

• 2.5K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2007 FLHTCUSE2
    • CVO2: 2009 ST1300 Police
    • CVO3: 2006 ST1300
Re: **Canelled** Ride Like A Pro West Coast......Nor Cal
« Reply #33 on: May 28, 2009, 10:40:20 AM »

It's too bad there was a lack of interest in the class. It's a worthwile riding investment at a low cost. I've been riding some sort of bike or another for over 40 years and learned quite a bit from Mark. Although the class is about slow manuvering, there is "caryover" for everyday riding. Kinda supprised more folks don't want to address one of  their weakest points.
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All

Page created in 0.131 seconds with 21 queries.