Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: What is with all the Harley surveys lately?!  (Read 931 times)

Wild Card

• Senior CVO Member

• CVO1: FXSTSSE3
What is with all the Harley surveys lately?!
« on: November 19, 2010, 10:48:04 AM »

Has anyone else been getting these as frequently as I have?  It used to be about once a month, now it seems to be every couple of weeks.  Now, I got one from a third party research firm.  All of them seem to have a similar theme - "when do you plan to buy your next bike?"  When I answered that question in this recent survey (which was estimated to take 30 minutes) with "more than 5 years", it replied that I tested out of the survey (after 1 minute)! 

So, is Harley only concerned with the repeat customer that buys a new bike every couple of years?  Not a good long term business plan, IMO.

VaEagle

• 2.5K CVO Member
    • VA

• CVO1: 06 FLHTCUSE Autumn Haze -SOLD
    • CVO2: 09 FLTRSE3 Orange- sold
    • CVO3: Who knows what?
Re: What is with all the Harley surveys lately?!
« Reply #1 on: November 19, 2010, 01:48:01 PM »

I would imagine most surveys are sent out by a marketing/advertising department. They want to know what will lure you in for a purchase.
I would think that they love the customers who buy bikes every couple of years, after all it's sales not hanging around drinking free coffee that keeps the dealerships and MOCO working.
I bet they love owners to trade in their bikes (at a loss of course) so they can profit from resale too. Then they make money off of financing too in most cases unless the owner defaults on the loan.
Same philosophy that wants you to come in every couple of years and buy a bike is the one that has a 500 page parts catalog to sell the parts and charge for install vs. ordering a bike exactly the way you want it from the factory and just picking it up on delivery and turning the key and riding away.

Page created in 0.119 seconds with 21 queries.