Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: 06 Road King Slip-on  (Read 1029 times)

bgregston

• Elite CVO Member
  • Life's short! Get busy living or get busy dying!
06 Road King Slip-on
« on: April 26, 2006, 02:48:45 PM »

I have a friend that just bought an 06 Road King. Will the non catalyst slip-ons from HD fit? I know the book says no but just wondering if its an EPA thing. I can see that most 3rd party slip-ons show as fitting 95-06.
2006 FLHTCUSE
Autumn Haze
D&D Fat Cats
SERT
Zippers A/C

bgregston

• Elite CVO Member
Re: 06 Road King Slip-on
« Reply #1 on: April 26, 2006, 03:02:58 PM »

Sorry, I guess that question was incomplete. He wants to add an SE Air Cleaner and plans to keep it as an 88. Also is there a map or will he need a SERT?
2006 FLHTCUSE
Autumn Haze
D&D Fat Cats
SERT
Zippers A/C

SPIDERMAN

« Reply #2 on: April 26, 2006, 06:23:12 PM »

The Breather kit is sold separate or with a map. The map is listed in the P & A Catalogue with the breather. I believe what your friend is doing is referred to as Stage 1.

BK

• Senior CVO Member
« Reply #3 on: May 01, 2006, 08:05:38 AM »

I believe the pipes will fit. The Screaming eagle slip ons are the same P/N as the 05.

bgregston

• Elite CVO Member
« Reply #4 on: May 01, 2006, 08:34:41 PM »

Sorry for being such a dumba$$, I'm a newbie to EFI but trying to learn. I was looking at Map #55 for the SERT. I think this is the combo he wants on his bike. When a download is done to the ECM are the SERT maps one in the same as the downloads? I'm thinking it is because I believe the SERT is just an interface to the ECM. If so will the 05 map (#55) work in the 06 Road King? I was looking at another map too, I think it was #8 but would have to look again to see... Whats up with the 8 degree injectors vs. 25 degree injectors. I know its the spray pattern but I don't know what year bike has which injector.
2006 FLHTCUSE
Autumn Haze
D&D Fat Cats
SERT
Zippers A/C

bgregston

• Elite CVO Member
« Reply #5 on: May 02, 2006, 09:08:37 PM »

Okay, maybe I'm talking to myself here (it's okay FireD00d talks to himself too) but I'm learning. I'm learning to use the search button. ;D The 25 degree injectors are on the 06 103's and there is a service bulleten for 06 88's with cold start problems to replace the stock 8 degree injectors with the 25's.
2006 FLHTCUSE
Autumn Haze
D&D Fat Cats
SERT
Zippers A/C

Page created in 0.145 seconds with 24 queries.