Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Author Topic: National Anthem - - - - In Spanish  (Read 4998 times)

SPIDERMAN

Re: National Anthem - - - - In Spanish
« Reply #15 on: April 30, 2006, 02:36:47 AM »

I wanted to make my posts leading up to 1,000 about something that matters greatly to me and all of you who have contributed to this thread have made that happen. I cannot express how it makes me feel to see people speak so freely and passionately about their feelings for the ideals of out great country. Thanks to all of you.

naitram

• SMF Administrator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • MA

• CVO1: FLTRXSE2 "Marvin"
« Reply #16 on: April 30, 2006, 09:54:57 AM »

the problem isnt just in the southern states, in my area of MA ther's lager populations of brazilian, some leagle and some illeagle, and there are many spanish speaking people as well, for quite some time we have had bilingual packaging in our stores, but i actuall saw a tri-lingual sign outside a buisness yesterday. my step-daughter has a girl in high-school with her that brags that her family is here illeagley.  i just cant accept that english the international language for buisness could be pushed aside here in the US by a large population of people that shouldnt be here in the first place
:cool26: naitram...

"I reject your reality and substitute my own."
"Work is the curse of the drinking class."

BK

• Senior CVO Member
« Reply #17 on: April 30, 2006, 12:30:13 PM »

Come to Chicago we got it all. What fumes me the most is them saying we do the jobs that you won't. I can't even get my kids jobs at local resturants or other places because they are all taken by adult Illegal's. If I go up north to WI the same jobs are being done by teenagers. That is were the foundation begains in teaching them responsibility and if they do not like that type of work than stay in school and college. (yes I need spell check too)

My wife came over here from Germany and we did it the legal way. Lots of paper work and she did not speak much english at the time she learned it. We had some friends come over from Austria last week and they all spoke english. They were so proud to practice it here.
« Last Edit: April 30, 2006, 12:42:04 PM by BK »

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
  • EBCM #1.5 Emeritus DSP # ? Critter Gawker #?
    • MO

• CVO1: 2000 Triple Red Screamin' Eagle Road Glide
    • CVO2: 2002 Candy Brandywine Screamin' Eagle Road King
    • CVO3: 1999 Arresting Red FXR2
« Reply #18 on: May 01, 2006, 11:50:02 PM »

Had a thought (it happens....) that sort of ties in here.  Speaking to the original question that really centered around whether or not English is or a should be a required US "national language" and how much concession is made to Spanish there seemed little disagreement that those on the road to legal citizenship will end up exercising some basic English functionality.  However, just to stir things up a bit, there is the area of that debate that often gets neatly sidestepped.  Whether it be an immigration question or simply a language requirement and usage question; how is this "we all should speak English" party line adjusted when you (as I do) support eventual statehood for Puerto Rico?

EAGLE1

• 1K CVO Member
    • FL

• CVO1: 2015 FLHXSE CVO Street Glide "Silvia"
    • CVO2: 2006 FLSTFSE² Screamin’ Eagle® Fat Boy® (SOLD)
« Reply #19 on: May 02, 2006, 12:25:28 AM »

to read these post's in spanish press Here
Toes in the water, ass in the sand

hdhiwayman

• Junior CVO Member
  • The nut between the handle bars and the saddle
« Reply #20 on: May 02, 2006, 08:19:48 AM »

The way I see it is that everything that happens or dosn't happen with reguard to our government is directly related to the dollar bill. If it happens it was a good deal. If it does not happen it costs too much. So illegal immigration = a good deal for labor and is allowed to happen. To expand the immigration services to handle larger numbers of immigrants costs too much and therefore will not happen. And that creates a demand for labor and the only way the supply can fullfill the demand is illegaly.
2006 SE Autum Haze
Freedom Power package
A little bling bling
2002 Road King
Stage 2: Andrews cams w/Rineharts true duals and DFO
Too much to list
Yes I am a chromeaholic
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Page created in 0.135 seconds with 22 queries.