Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4  All

Author Topic: What r your thoughts about American Chopper being cancelled?  (Read 6169 times)

EZRIDN

• Elite CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG - Paying tribute to an American legend
    • NE

• CVO1: FLHRSEI2
    • CVO2: 1947 FL
    • CVO3: 2004 FXSTI
Re: What r your thoughts about American Chopper being cancelled?
« Reply #30 on: December 08, 2012, 10:54:38 AM »

The Chopper series was waaay overdue for cancellation years ago.  There are a number real bike builders out there that Discovery could do a rotational series of shows and cover the best of the breed.  I'm sure motorcycle enthusiasts and non-riders alike would be intrigued to watch something of that nature.   The "theme bike" bull crap is like the old custom car days of way back....not built for anything but show pieces simply for looking at (aka; art).    Yes, there is talent in some of the fabrication of the T's bikes (if you can call them bikes).....but come on & get real....there is day to day talent in your local welding/fabrication shop that goes totally un-noticed.  The Rat Rod & Rockabilly culture proves that as well.....repurposing & ingenuity abounds in that world.   

Personally, I'd like to see a show about pinstripers & painters (new & past great artists alike)....opens up a whole new world of imagination, color and smells....ahhh.     
"My goal is to become that old person everyone is afraid to take out in public."

"I would like to apologize to anyone I have not yet offended...please be patient...I will get to you shortly ."

HD Owners Tip #39:  "Although the manual doesn't mention it, some swearing seems to help most machines run a little better."

longlast

• 2.5K CVO Member

« Reply #31 on: December 08, 2012, 12:56:54 PM »

X2  :2vrolijk_21:
                            Pinstriping, Mural, Color match painting is an art in it's own right

Phantom309

• 2014 Ultra Limited
  • Elite CVO Member
    • PA

• CVO1: 2005 SEEG- light/dark Candy Cherry-sold
« Reply #32 on: December 08, 2012, 02:08:15 PM »

No didn't see that one, but did see one were they split the cash after selling a canvas circus painting
           back to to the person they bought it from. They also at times pay more then whats being asked.
                             THAT'S MORE THEN ONE CAN SAY ABOUT OCC.AS FAR AS PUBLIC RELATOINS GOS.

Yep I saw that one ... u sure as hell wouldn't catch OCC doing anything like that. They would just break it off in your a$$ & say thanks.
2014 Ultra Limited*Daytona Blue Pearl
MODS
V&H 2-1 Pro Pipe
V&H FP3 Fuelpak

grayghost731

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • Built For ME! Love My Fatboy CVO

• CVO1: FLSTFSE Platinum Mist&Slate 102.81 HP 113.47 Torque
« Reply #33 on: December 08, 2012, 05:53:19 PM »

The Chopper series was waaay overdue for cancellation years ago.  There are a number real bike builders out there that Discovery could do a rotational series of shows and cover the best of the breed.  I'm sure motorcycle enthusiasts and non-riders alike would be intrigued to watch something of that nature.   The "theme bike" bull crap is like the old custom car days of way back....not built for anything but show pieces simply for looking at (aka; art).    Yes, there is talent in some of the fabrication of the T's bikes (if you can call them bikes).....but come on & get real....there is day to day talent in your local welding/fabrication shop that goes totally un-noticed.  The Rat Rod & Rockabilly culture proves that as well.....repurposing & ingenuity abounds in that world.   

Personally, I'd like to see a show about pinstripers & painters (new & past great artists alike)....opens up a whole new world of imagination, color and smells....ahhh.     

Agree  :2vrolijk_21:   We need to see a guy like chip foose (car guy)  Who works on bikes and make the old bikes new again with modern technology   ;)

Cvostu

• 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: 2023 Whiskey Neat road glide custom
    • CVO2: 2019 Mako Shark Fade road glide custom
« Reply #34 on: December 08, 2012, 05:59:38 PM »

Why do they think we need to watch all that dumb ass drama?   :confused5:  who really cares?  I lost interest in that stupid show after season 2.   Can't get that show cancelled fast enough for me.

110tHunDer

• 10K CVO Member
« Reply #35 on: December 08, 2012, 06:03:00 PM »

Tell us how you really feel, Stu! :o :huepfenlol2:

KKM

• Full CVO Member

• CVO1: 2010 FLHXSE
« Reply #36 on: December 09, 2012, 10:52:10 AM »

Good Riddins (sp?)

Hard to believe anyone would buy one of their hammered together "creations" after seeing the nonsense recorded for TV.

Fake drama and no girls? Next!

RedDevil

• 5k CVO Member
  • EBCM #747.2 It's all good

• CVO1: '11 FLTRUSE Gray Ghost
    • CVO2: '12 FLHXSE3 Hot Citrus/Antique Gunstock
« Reply #37 on: December 09, 2012, 11:20:00 AM »

Could give a rat's behind whether they cancel that show or not.  In fact they could cancel all of these supposed "reality" shows.  :nixweiss:

:devil:

2012 FLHXSE3
Hot Citrus/Antique Gunstock

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
  • EBCM #1.5 Emeritus DSP # ? Critter Gawker #?
    • MO

• CVO1: 2000 Triple Red Screamin' Eagle Road Glide
    • CVO2: 2002 Candy Brandywine Screamin' Eagle Road King
    • CVO3: 1999 Arresting Red FXR2
« Reply #38 on: December 09, 2012, 11:24:25 AM »

Could give a rat's behind whether they cancel that show or not.  In fact they could cancel all of these supposed "reality" shows.  :nixweiss:

:devil:

They should do a similar show but handle the casting differently Charlie.  Find some competent machinists/builders from the distaff side.  Girl in denim shorts, middie t-shirt and a machinists apron is hot.  Put a little smudge of grease on her face and I'm never erasing the show from the DVR.

cahdbiker

• Elite CVO Member

• CVO1: FLHTCUSE4
« Reply #39 on: December 09, 2012, 04:57:19 PM »

1sharperdkg, I quit watching the show a few years ago. I can't imagine a father and son acting  like that toward each other. I blame a lot of it on the money, but most of it on personalities and production. You know that Discovery loves it when they argue so they can charge more for their advertising. I am sure there of a lot of us that wish our father's were still here just so we could just talk to them for even 5 minutes.CAHDBIKER
Should have been canceled years ago!! If it's real...father and son acting like ass's toward each other they both should be ashamed and both need there butt's kicked! Haven't watched the show in years would rather watch grass grow!!

2009 SEUC just south of Point Mugu Ventura County, Ca.

cahdbiker

• Elite CVO Member

• CVO1: FLHTCUSE4
« Reply #40 on: December 09, 2012, 05:28:50 PM »

phantom309, How about American Hot Rod.I know it is not about motorcyles,but it was still the same basic scenario. I know Boyd is not with us any longer, but he was an innovator and taught people  therby giving a start to a couple of people who are now famous bike and car  builders, not parts replacers. They didn't argue as much as American Chopper, and Boyd could be a jerk at times,(he needed to get some people skills) but I found the show much more  interesting then American chopper and  I would watch reruns if they would air them. A little off course here, but I thought about the show while reading this thread and wish it was still on.CAHDBIKER

2009 SEUC just south of Point Mugu Ventura County, Ca.

Phantom309

• 2014 Ultra Limited
  • Elite CVO Member
    • PA

• CVO1: 2005 SEEG- light/dark Candy Cherry-sold
« Reply #41 on: December 12, 2012, 05:33:28 AM »

I used to watch that all the time! I think they need a new bike show thats more down to earth this time without all the drama ... maybe something kinda like Shadetree Mechanic ... except for bikes.
2014 Ultra Limited*Daytona Blue Pearl
MODS
V&H 2-1 Pro Pipe
V&H FP3 Fuelpak

ultrarider123

« Reply #42 on: December 12, 2012, 08:00:35 AM »

Watched the show for about 10 minutes once.  If I wanted to see grown men/adults fight about little or nothing at all, I'd attend my family reunion. 
The same goes for just about any other "reality" TV crap show.  American Pickers being the exception.... :2vrolijk_21:

E-Skunk

• Elite CVO Member

• CVO1: 2012 FLTRXSE
« Reply #43 on: December 12, 2012, 08:22:36 AM »

It was still on the air??? :oops:

MNTransplant

• Elite CVO Member
  • USAF Veteran (12 Years), originally from Kansas

• CVO1: 2009 FLHTCUSE4
« Reply #44 on: December 19, 2012, 09:48:21 AM »

1sharperdkg, I quit watching the show a few years ago. I can't imagine a father and son acting  like that toward each other. I blame a lot of it on the money, but most of it on personalities and production. You know that Discovery loves it when they argue so they can charge more for their advertising. I am sure there of a lot of us that wish our father's were still here just so we could just talk to them for even 5 minutes.CAHDBIKER

X2
MNTransplant
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4  All

Page created in 0.198 seconds with 21 queries.