Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2  All

Author Topic: Ultima Inverted Forks  (Read 14971 times)

wyoung8

Ultima Inverted Forks
« on: July 30, 2008, 11:50:04 PM »

Has anyone used or has experience with the Ultima inverted forks? I want to replaced my stock forks 1992 FXR Convertible. I am also interested in the Ultima 127" "El Bruto" motor can this fit in a 1992 FXR conv frame? I was also looking at the W8less brake rotors, how well do they work and caliper need to be changed? :nixweiss: ibrought my FXR new back in 1991, I think it's time to upgrade and change a few things. Any experiences or knowledge share is greatly appreciated.  :nixweiss:
Love Anything with two wheels and a motor.

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member
  • This chit ain't ROCKET SCIENCE!!!!

• CVO1: '07C FLHRSE3, BLACK ICE OF COURSE, CUSTOM 110" TC 6-SPEED +++, "CYBIL"!!!
    • CVO2: '99 FXR3 BRIGHT & DARK CANDY BLUE W/FLAMES, STAGE II 80" EVO 5-SPEED +++, "JOY"!!!
    • CVO3: 4: & 5: '85 FXWG BLACK w/CUSTOM FLAMES, 110" EVO 6-SPEED +++ CVO style!!!; '08 NSMC PROSG CUSTOM FXR BASED PRO STREET BLACK, 89" EVO 5-SPEED, VERY FAST!!!; '09 NSMC HSTBBR CUSTOM RIGID HOISTBOBBER, SILVER METALFLAKE BATES SOLO SEAT & TIN w/BLACK WISHBONE FRAME, 80" EVO (w/Shovelhead bottom end) 4-SPEED! VERY COOL!!!
Re: Ultima Inverted Forks
« Reply #1 on: August 20, 2008, 12:41:36 AM »

Has anyone used or has experience with the Ultima inverted forks? I want to replaced my stock forks 1992 FXR Convertible. I am also interested in the Ultima 127" "El Bruto" motor can this fit in a 1992 FXR conv frame? I was also looking at the W8less brake rotors, how well do they work and caliper need to be changed? :nixweiss: ibrought my FXR new back in 1991, I think it's time to upgrade and change a few things. Any experiences or knowledge share is greatly appreciated.  :nixweiss:

I have no personal experience with Ultima, but I've heard good things about their stuff for the money. Check their specs on the engine. They should say it will fit in the stock frame if it does. The front end should work with no problem. Personally, I'd keep the stock front end and do a Traxxion AK-20 cartridge conversion on it. Add the bitubo shocks for the rear. That'll give ya a nice racing inspired suspension. The weightless rotors were pretty cool. I saw them at the V-Twin Expo. I have a hard time trusting them due to their weight, but that could be the key to them. Haven't heard any direct feedback on em either. I know where you're coming from on wanting to upgrade and Hot Rod your bike. I'm doing the same on my '85 FXWG right now too. Look at PM brakes, Traxxion Suspension, engine of your choice, and think about the tranny and clutch while you're at it! ;)

Hoist! 8)
"We wanna be free to ride our machines without being hassled by The Man!"

Traxxion Dynamics Suspension Rules! "It ain't braggin' if you can back it up!"

"Cause I'm sitting on top of the world!" (zoom in on satellite map in my Profile)

wyoung8

« Reply #2 on: August 20, 2008, 04:29:41 AM »

Thanks hoist, I am on a budget. So it's getting painted right now. I also sent the carb to Triple X Carbs or there S&S cab upgrades. I will try to post a pic when am ma done soon about 2 weeks. :)

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member
  • This chit ain't ROCKET SCIENCE!!!!

• CVO1: '07C FLHRSE3, BLACK ICE OF COURSE, CUSTOM 110" TC 6-SPEED +++, "CYBIL"!!!
    • CVO2: '99 FXR3 BRIGHT & DARK CANDY BLUE W/FLAMES, STAGE II 80" EVO 5-SPEED +++, "JOY"!!!
    • CVO3: 4: & 5: '85 FXWG BLACK w/CUSTOM FLAMES, 110" EVO 6-SPEED +++ CVO style!!!; '08 NSMC PROSG CUSTOM FXR BASED PRO STREET BLACK, 89" EVO 5-SPEED, VERY FAST!!!; '09 NSMC HSTBBR CUSTOM RIGID HOISTBOBBER, SILVER METALFLAKE BATES SOLO SEAT & TIN w/BLACK WISHBONE FRAME, 80" EVO (w/Shovelhead bottom end) 4-SPEED! VERY COOL!!!
« Reply #3 on: August 20, 2008, 07:40:36 AM »

Thanks hoist, I am on a budget. So it's getting painted right now. I also sent the carb to Triple X Carbs or there S&S cab upgrades. I will try to post a pic when am ma done soon about 2 weeks. :)

Theat's great wy! Can't wait to see it. Sorry I hadn't noticed your post earlier. I hope you got the help ya needed. Take a stroll thru the FXR Section too. You might find some good stuff there! What else you have goning on with it?

And BTW, welcome to this great site! Enjoy! :2vrolijk_21:

Hoist! 8)
"We wanna be free to ride our machines without being hassled by The Man!"

Traxxion Dynamics Suspension Rules! "It ain't braggin' if you can back it up!"

"Cause I'm sitting on top of the world!" (zoom in on satellite map in my Profile)

wyoung8

« Reply #4 on: August 20, 2008, 10:59:06 PM »

I looked at after market wheels, but did not find any I like, I am getting the actory 9 spoke wheel chrome , Fake chrome They call it PVD, it looks like chrome. I am giving it a try, ane steel braid lines through out. I own this bike new, and just rode her all these years so now I'm going to give her some upgrades.

wyoung8

« Reply #5 on: October 10, 2008, 02:15:40 AM »

Hoist I just got my bike back after 8 weeks and 2 days in the shop, fresh paint and S&S upgarde by Triple XXX carbs out of Texas.

wyoung8

« Reply #6 on: October 10, 2008, 02:19:32 AM »

this was the before pic.

RedFXR2

« Reply #7 on: October 10, 2008, 10:09:10 AM »

Hoist I just got my bike back after 8 weeks and 2 days in the shop, fresh paint and S&S upgarde by Triple XXX carbs out of Texas.

Pretty paint.  Of course, I'm a bit partial to red bikes. ;)  I'd like to see it up close.  BTW, are those Ness side covers?  I went through two sets before giving up--the hole locations were hopelessly out of position.
« Last Edit: October 10, 2008, 10:14:53 AM by RedFXR2 »

RedFXR2

« Reply #8 on: October 10, 2008, 10:13:25 AM »

this was the before pic.

Of course, I also (still) like this classic FXR tank paint scheme.  Sometimes I stare at my FXR2 tank and wonder if I could inject a bit of history into all that red by taking a cue from the production FXR paint schemes.  I've been so impressed by a local shops' ability to match "Arresting Red" that I'm thinking they could do just about anything I wanted.  Whho knows what might happen one of these days.

Oh yeah.  I forgot.  We're in a recession. :(

wyoung8

« Reply #9 on: October 11, 2008, 03:18:21 AM »

RedFXR2,

Yes those are the Ness side covers I have no problem with them, I am not quite done with it yet, I just put some nitrogen shocks (with piggy back resevoirs) on it today. Sometime when maybe next week I get the bike headlight rewired so I can change the headlight. The older FXR have all the handlebar control wires running thru the headlight. :bananarock:

m.i.a.

« Reply #10 on: October 21, 2008, 05:50:13 PM »

We've used Ultima stuff for a while now. With times being what they are we were looking for a way to give our customers more bang for their buck. We bought a 120", six speed gearset, and their brakes and installed them in a bagger we were doing for the shop. We wanted to abuse the stuff before we put it in any customers. I am happy to report all is well. They have had problems in the past, but are quick to warranty and fix the problems.
We just got back from their dealers convention/show where we looked over the facilities, talked with the employees, and met a lot of their vendors. All in all I was impressed. They are installing additional dynos (yes plural), releasing a new "black chrome" EVO motor and a new line of shovel heads. This years catalog will be even bigger than last years as they are also increasing their line of Twin Cam parts too. In closing I can not say enough good things about our experience with Ultima/Midwest. Hope this helps.
Marines may guard the gates of heaven
A job they may do well!!!
But it takes a paratrooper
To guard the gates of Hell!!!

wyoung8

« Reply #11 on: October 22, 2008, 01:52:38 AM »

Thanks, I am about tap out for this year. That will be my next project.

wyoung8

« Reply #12 on: August 19, 2009, 06:54:24 AM »

I have'nt post for awhile, been busy at work. I just put the ricorshocks IAS valves in and they are worth the money. I am going to keep the stock forks they work great now. The difference is night and day. :orange:

Pajoe

« Reply #13 on: August 25, 2009, 06:56:11 AM »

If it helps, according to the Ultima EPA engine manual the 120ci & 127ci are .125" taller than the stock 80ci and the 100ci,107ci,113ci are .010" taller than the stock 80ci. The 100-120 engines are all the same price at Jireh, when we purchased an Ultima 113 last year for our old Ultra, the salesperson said the 100ci was the most reliable, the 113ci most popular and the 120ci is where you definitely need an oil cooler. We like our Ultma 113ci and although it has not been tuned  by a professional yet, (note: it has quiet CVO touring pipes with the Fullsac 1.75 baffles) it developed 103.9 HP/114.05 torque on the dyno, it produces over 100 lbs of ft torque from about 2900 rpms to the rev limiter. All the Ultima engine owners I have been in contact with on line are happy with their purchase. Some have had problems but even with that the overall costs were less than any other similar option. it is a good winter project to consider, a new big inch engine will make it seem like a new bike.

on edit: we chose the Ultima 113 "NON EPA" engine as the salesperson said Ultima is not as strict with the warranty requirements with the non epa engines.
« Last Edit: August 25, 2009, 07:00:22 AM by Pajoe »

wyoung8

« Reply #14 on: October 01, 2009, 05:08:46 AM »

Thanks PAJOE, this year I am seriously looking at getting the Ultima 127 El Bruto, but I want to make sure it will fit in my FXR without frame modifications. I don't want to cut up my FXR frame to do it..  Sorry I am not very mechancally incline, .125 of an inch is approx 1/8th of an inch? Thx to all with any info on my next step with my bike. :)
Pages: [1] 2  All

Page created in 0.177 seconds with 21 queries.