Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: 1200 Miles on FLHTCSE  (Read 3988 times)

re-tread

• Junior CVO Member
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
1200 Miles on FLHTCSE
« on: November 14, 2003, 10:08:50 AM »

Made some changes at 900 miles - 2004 V&H new oval type slip ons, SE air box, and racing mod.
Definately woke it in the mid and upper rpms.
Haven't dynoed it, but I'm not really into that, as long as it feels good [smiley=bigok.gif]
Was thinking down the road, for more acceleration in the 80/90's what is your opinion, how about gearing? (30 tooth)?
SE air box
Reinharts
Race Tuner

Kingsalmon

• Senior CVO Member
  • HD gets too much of my money
Re: 1200 Miles on FLHTCSE
« Reply #1 on: November 17, 2003, 11:07:23 AM »

I haven't heard of changing the gearing except maybe a six speed.

What racing mod ? Is it a screaming eagle chip?

I was told to throw in a power commander, pipes, air cleaner, and a chip to give it some extra zooba.

How do those V&H pipes sound? Are they more deaper sounding than the SE pipes?

re-tread

• Junior CVO Member
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #2 on: November 19, 2003, 09:20:19 AM »

Yes the V&H pipes are much lower sounding, and when they get up in the cruising RPM's they quiet down abit. Very happy with them. The bike doesn't come with SE pipes they come with touring pipes. No good at all, restrictive, and the sound is horrible with the stroker engine.
The racing Module is HD about $350. Lots of benefits over the Power Module (I'm told), can tune anything you need. I've heard lots of stories, but I honestly don't know, how well they perform. The HD racing made a big difference in my CSE..

The gearing, ?? didn't get a repsonse from this board. But I've been told that gear (either way) is you have to give up something to change something. So, it's probably not the answer.  The 6 speed is sippose to help, but the Baker is about $2600, and that my friend is too much considering the bike was $28,000...... [smiley=drink.gif] [smiley=drink.gif]
Anyway, good luck, you'll love the bike.
SE air box
Reinharts
Race Tuner

f0rky

« Reply #3 on: November 22, 2003, 07:51:13 PM »

HD racing mod ?
do you have the product number .
CVO - FLHTCSE 2004

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

• CVO1: 04 SEEG...sold
    • CVO2: 10 SESG...sold
    • CVO3: 13 FLHTCSE 8
« Reply #4 on: November 22, 2003, 11:15:04 PM »

A 2 into 1 exhaust (Vance & Hines, Thunderheader, White Bros. etc.) will put more pep in your step.....especially in mid range and upper end.
Never trade the thrills of living for the security of existence.  Remember...it's the journey, not the destination!

West Coast GTG   
Reno, NV (04), Reno, NV (05),  Cripple Creek, CO (06)  Hood River, OR (09), Lake Tahoe, CA (11) Carmel, CA (14), Ouray CO (15) Fortuna, Ca. (16)

re-tread

• Junior CVO Member
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
. Re: 1200 Miles on FLHTCSE
« Reply #5 on: November 24, 2003, 10:40:21 AM »

The racing module is in the HD Parts book, at your HD dealer. Nothing really that new. Just lets you very fine tune, and great when adding heads, cam, etc..
As far as the pipes go, what comes on the bike SUCKS sounds like metal hitting metal and they are restricted to meet the big "E"..Thunderheaders are great, but a bit loud for this bike. The stroker has a unique sound. Actually the V&H are a bit loud at idle and low gears - but great in upper range. I can hear the radio loud and clear over 90 MPH :)
I hate to do too much to this bike, because it seems to draw lots of attention - I think this one might hold value pretty well??
SE air box
Reinharts
Race Tuner

Page created in 0.131 seconds with 24 queries.