Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [All]

Author Topic: FLHTCSE stock mufflers  (Read 7940 times)

OldBoy99

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
FLHTCSE stock mufflers
« on: March 29, 2004, 09:07:12 PM »

Hi all - this is my first post!  I ride a 1998 FLHTC.

Anyway, my question is concerning the stock mufflers on the FLHTCSE.  Are they the "Harley-Davidson Touring Mufflers" part# 65259-00 on page 502 of the 2004 parts catalog?  The part number should be stamped in the side of the mufflers.

If so, I'd be interested in purchasing a used pair that are in good condition.  I'd be willing to pay $160 for the pair of mufflers and $25 for the pair of chrome billet end caps (for a total of $185).  I will also pay shipping costs.

If you're interested in selling, please post here or e-mail me (Mike) at:

mdudinsky@tampabay.rr.com

Thanks.

SixtySeven

• Live to Ride, Ride to Eat.
Re: FLHTCSE stock mufflers
« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2004, 09:35:11 PM »

If you want them, I have mine. THey have about 700mi on them but are in perfect condition.

Email me at slbelt@starband.net and we can discuss the details on how to get them to you. Price is fine.
SixtySeven
04 FLHTCSEI
05 American Ironhorse Texas Chopper
01 FXSTDI

jfscheck

• Senior CVO Member
  • also known as Da' Bear...
« Reply #2 on: March 30, 2004, 08:34:50 AM »

Hi all - this is my first post!
John "JFScheck" Scheck
H-D Screamin' Eagle CVO Electra Glide Ultra Classic in Autumn Haze & Vivid Black
"Enjoy life. There's plenty of time to be dead."

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

• CVO1: 04 SEEG...sold
    • CVO2: 10 SESG...sold
    • CVO3: 13 FLHTCSE 8
« Reply #3 on: March 30, 2004, 08:45:38 AM »

Hi all - this is my first post!
« Last Edit: March 30, 2004, 08:46:41 AM by JCZ »
Never trade the thrills of living for the security of existence.  Remember...it's the journey, not the destination!

West Coast GTG   
Reno, NV (04), Reno, NV (05),  Cripple Creek, CO (06)  Hood River, OR (09), Lake Tahoe, CA (11) Carmel, CA (14), Ouray CO (15) Fortuna, Ca. (16)

re-tread

• Junior CVO Member
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #4 on: March 30, 2004, 08:47:34 AM »

I have the stock pipes you want, they have 250 miles, and I'm located in Central Florida. Price is fair, Let me know.
SE air box
Reinharts
Race Tuner

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

• CVO1: 04 SEEG...sold
    • CVO2: 10 SESG...sold
    • CVO3: 13 FLHTCSE 8
« Reply #5 on: March 30, 2004, 09:01:59 AM »

I have the stock pipes you want, they have 250 miles, and I'm located in Central Florida. Price is fair, Let me know.

He's not a regular on this site, I directed him here from another site.  You guys might want to email him at his email.
Never trade the thrills of living for the security of existence.  Remember...it's the journey, not the destination!

West Coast GTG   
Reno, NV (04), Reno, NV (05),  Cripple Creek, CO (06)  Hood River, OR (09), Lake Tahoe, CA (11) Carmel, CA (14), Ouray CO (15) Fortuna, Ca. (16)

ak

• 1K CVO Member
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #6 on: March 30, 2004, 09:32:59 AM »

i,m suprised that you guys are willing to sell your stock parts, for the small sun of $ offered i,d keep mine , having all the original parts increases bike value if you ever sell ,especialy for limited production bike--AK
,04seeg,s 09 roadglide,09 ultra

110tHunDer

• 10K CVO Member
« Reply #7 on: March 30, 2004, 10:38:54 AM »

[smiley=confused5.gif] I'm with ak.
« Last Edit: March 30, 2004, 10:39:20 AM by 103tHunDer »

starvin

« Reply #8 on: March 30, 2004, 12:57:01 PM »

I'm not sure that they are the same pipes as the ones on page 502, the end caps are certainly different. I dug mine out of the basement and there is no part # on them. out of the 3000 or so SEEGs made how many people will ever use the stock pipes. I know mine will never see exhaust through them. I threw out the pipes from my last two bikes I could not even give away the pipes when i sold the bikes. The only reason I can see for keeping them is just in case EPA comes in and the bike has to be tested.

OldBoy99

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #9 on: March 30, 2004, 01:04:18 PM »

Are you sure that there is no part number embedded within the statement on the muffler?

For example, the stock mufflers that came on my 1998 FLHTC say "This Harley-Davidson exhaust system 65539-95 meets EPA noise emission requirements of 80 dB(A) for the following motorcycles HAR FLT1340.  Installation of this exhaust system on motorcycle models not specified may violate federal law."

Note the part number in bold above.

If it's not too much trouble, could you type out the full statement on your mufflers and send it to me?  You could use my statement above as a template and just add/delete as necessary.

This would be a HUGE help!  Thanks.

starvin

« Reply #10 on: March 30, 2004, 01:06:44 PM »

Yup my mistake, (and man your quick) I looked again the # is 65254-00A I tried to E-mail you but I got some problems with my computer.

OldBoy99

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #11 on: March 30, 2004, 01:11:53 PM »

SixtySeven and re-tread,
If you could also convey what the statement says on your stock pipes I would be very grateful and would owe you a beer [smiley=beerchug.gif]

Thanks [smiley=laugh.gif]

starvin

« Reply #12 on: March 30, 2004, 01:13:01 PM »

Are you sure that there is no part number embedded within the statement on the muffler?

For example, the stock mufflers that came on my 1998 FLHTC say "This Harley-Davidson exhaust system 65539-95 meets EPA noise emission requirements of 80 dB(A) for the following motorcycles HAR FLT1340.

OldBoy99

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #13 on: March 30, 2004, 01:17:47 PM »

starvin - thank you, you've done me a great favor.

Not to beat a dead horse, but.....

those were your stock pipes on a 2004 FLHTCSE, right?

Thanks again.

starvin

« Reply #14 on: March 30, 2004, 01:39:14 PM »

Yes it was I took delivery last november. I tried to post a picture but I'm not sure whats going on with this computer I'm about ready to bring in the hammer.
No problem as far as the help, [smiley=drink.gif] if I bought everyone a beer that helped me on this site  I'd be broke.(but i'll still do It)
I tried again to post the picture but my computer will not let me resize it. I've posted pictures before. I'm going fishing tommorrow and i was going to need a new anchor.....I think i just found one if i can fiqure out where to tie the rope on this dam computer. [smiley=furious.gif]

starvin

« Reply #15 on: March 30, 2004, 02:07:04 PM »

try again

jfscheck

• Senior CVO Member
  • also known as Da' Bear...
« Reply #16 on: March 30, 2004, 02:30:34 PM »

I have a stock set of pipes (never used) from my last Fatboy still sitting downstairs as well.  Just need to offload them as I will never replace the pipes on the new bike back with these ones.  [smiley=biggthumpup.gif]
John "JFScheck" Scheck
H-D Screamin' Eagle CVO Electra Glide Ultra Classic in Autumn Haze & Vivid Black
"Enjoy life. There's plenty of time to be dead."

re-tread

• Junior CVO Member
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #17 on: March 31, 2004, 08:38:37 AM »

Mine says;
65254-99A   and HAR FLT 1688

For example, the stock mufflers that came on my 1998 FLHTC say "This Harley-Davidson exhaust system 65539-95 meets EPA noise emission requirements of 80 dB(A) for the following motorcycles HAR FLT1340.
SE air box
Reinharts
Race Tuner

Pages: 1 2 [All]

Page created in 0.166 seconds with 25 queries.