Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4  All

Author Topic: FLHTCSE Ride Report  (Read 16471 times)

Doc

• Senior CVO Member

• CVO1: FLHTCSE Black and Blue
Re: FLHTCSE Ride Report
« Reply #30 on: March 24, 2004, 05:45:36 PM »

Did I get all the questions?  Was that from Psycho or sponserv?  Haaaa.
You guys are great.  I'll try to get a mounted photo tonight.

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

• CVO1: 04 SEEG...sold
    • CVO2: 10 SESG...sold
    • CVO3: 13 FLHTCSE 8
« Reply #31 on: March 24, 2004, 05:54:24 PM »

Man...I skip a day on here and I have a busy night to deal with....haaaa

OK here goes:
One)
Never trade the thrills of living for the security of existence.  Remember...it's the journey, not the destination!

West Coast GTG   
Reno, NV (04), Reno, NV (05),  Cripple Creek, CO (06)  Hood River, OR (09), Lake Tahoe, CA (11) Carmel, CA (14), Ouray CO (15) Fortuna, Ca. (16)

110tHunDer

• 10K CVO Member
« Reply #32 on: March 24, 2004, 06:35:11 PM »

Doc will correct me if I'm wrong, but the iTunes software (other software is probably similar) stores music on your computer's hard drive in one of four formats: MP3, AAC, AIFF, or WAV with MP3 and AAC being the highest quality and MP3 being the most commonly used.  To get your CD's (or any single song or songs off of a CD, for that matter) into the MP3 format, all you do is insert the CD into your computer's CD drive, start the iTunes software, tell it you want the MP3 format and drag the songs you want to your iTunes library.  It's as simple as can be.  The iPod probably then connects to your PC or MAC's USB port for downloading the MP3's, but Doc would have to confirm that.

Doc

• Senior CVO Member

« Reply #33 on: March 24, 2004, 09:05:55 PM »

OK...here's a photo of it on my bars...

Doc

• Senior CVO Member

« Reply #34 on: March 24, 2004, 09:18:14 PM »

and

Doc

• Senior CVO Member

« Reply #35 on: March 24, 2004, 09:48:03 PM »

Doc will correct me if I'm wrong, but the iTunes software (other software is probably similar) stores music on your computer's hard drive in one of four formats: MP3, AAC, AIFF, or WAV with MP3 and AAC being the highest quality and MP3 being the most commonly used.

Doc

• Senior CVO Member

« Reply #36 on: March 24, 2004, 10:01:57 PM »

OK...I'll try this now.  Seems I isolated it.
OK...Ripping is taking the raw audio format (.wav) and converting it to MP3 or WMA or something else.  These are then able to be used by another device.  MP3 is by far the most common.  My computer (AMD 2600+) can 'rip' an entire disc in about 2 minutes.  So I spent a weekend working around the house and changing discs.  My 20GB IPod is now about full at 3642 songs.  Now most people do not need that much space, but I take it to work and plug it into a cheap pair of computer speakers, and it plays all day without charging.
It does plug into the computer via USB or firewire.  Most PCs now have USB.  Some have firewire.  (USB cable costs extra and is not standard with IPod)
Here's another major selling point, and a big reason why I went this direction, instead of a much cheaper MP3 player of similar size.  IPod is now into its third generation.  They have been around a while, and have been improved a lot.  Support is guaranteed.  It's a major name, and not some fly-by-night little company that could disappear with your $$$ and a broken unit...OK on to the major selling point.
As it is basically just a tiny high-performance hard drive and a view screen, you can access the hard drive by itself for storage.  What does that mean?  Well, not much unless you use your imagination.
Ever take a digital camera on a trip and run low on memory card space?  I have...had to start deleting 'less important' pictures.  Are there less important pictures?  Not really.  So here's a little LARGE capacity hard drive that at the end of your day can be used as a photo dump from your digital camera.  That way every morning you start with an empty camera and never lose a picture.
It beats hauling a laptop in the saddlebag.  Haa.  I actually did that once.  It sucked, but it worked.  This solution, no matter if a bit expensive, beats the heck outta that.
If I didn't cover it all...lemme know.  I've done the research, and went with this.  I've never bought an Apple piece of equipment before, and thought I never would.  But they hit a grand slam with this one, and even I can be converted for the right reasons.  Hope this helps.

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

• CVO1: 04 SEEG...sold
    • CVO2: 10 SESG...sold
    • CVO3: 13 FLHTCSE 8
« Reply #37 on: March 24, 2004, 11:50:03 PM »

Man, we gotta be from different generations.  All that seems so foreign to me.  I'm a knuckle head when it comes to the computer. [smiley=nixweiss.gif]
Never trade the thrills of living for the security of existence.  Remember...it's the journey, not the destination!

West Coast GTG   
Reno, NV (04), Reno, NV (05),  Cripple Creek, CO (06)  Hood River, OR (09), Lake Tahoe, CA (11) Carmel, CA (14), Ouray CO (15) Fortuna, Ca. (16)

mr_magoo

• 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: 04 SEEG Orange & Black All Attitude
    • CVO2: 08 CUSE Copper Canyon & Stardust Silver the Cruiser
« Reply #38 on: March 25, 2004, 08:15:27 AM »

Thanks for the info may have to dump the mini disc for an Ipod.  How hard is it to dump pics to Doc? Do you need a special cable?  [smiley=1syellow1.gif]
2008FLHTCUSE3 Copper Canyon & Stardust Silver
Freedom Gear drive cams, Elite D Exhaust.

2004 SEEG Pumpkin
freedom exhaust
power commander
W/ American legend trailer<br

rugbyprop

• Full CVO Member
« Reply #39 on: March 25, 2004, 09:13:01 AM »

Doc, on the remote transmitter, would that work if it were mounted in the glovebox in the lowers? tourpak? I would like to keep mine out of site when I go this way. What is the distance on your signal? could a rider nearby pick up the signal?

Doc

• Senior CVO Member

« Reply #40 on: March 25, 2004, 02:08:38 PM »

JCZ, yes, I'm afraid we may be from different generations.  I'm only 29.  First computer at age 5.  OK here's version two...

Remote transmitter...well, it sucked.  Here's a cheaper and better quality way.  One small wire that yes, could stretch from the glovebox to the AUX port of the stereo.  Here's why remote transmitter sucked...

First, it transmits lo-fi.  This makes it sound tinny at best.  You really won't enjoy the high-quality stereo sound that our stereos are capable of producing.  I bought one, and tried it, and then promptly took it back.  The wire is MUCH better...from sound quality at least.  So distance...not sure of the distance.  It was NOT worth the bad sound quality to me.  But then again, I';m quite the audiophile.  If you just wanted driving tunes and don't care about quality, then I'm sure it would work fine.  (I assume most people here want high-quality, or they wouldn't be reading so much on these topics anyway.)

Pics...
There is a small plug-in adapter that you can purchase which fits the ports of the IPod.  All you do is plug this into the IPod and take the media card out of your camera and put the card into the IPod adapter.  It then has on-screen menus to allow you to take the pics into the IPod.  I haven't used this yet, but have read a bunch about it and people love this feature.

h2oski

• Full CVO Member
« Reply #41 on: March 25, 2004, 03:59:50 PM »

Doc,
Is the clip that you used to mount the IPOD to the handlebars the standard belt clip that comes with the IPOD?
« Last Edit: March 25, 2004, 04:01:30 PM by h2oski »

Doc

• Senior CVO Member

« Reply #42 on: March 25, 2004, 04:15:03 PM »

Try here...
http://www.marware.com/3GBASIC.html
The bike holder is on the bottom of this screen.  I wouldn't use the case that comes with the IPod.  It scratches the chrome and the face.

110tHunDer

• 10K CVO Member
« Reply #43 on: March 25, 2004, 05:18:52 PM »

Doc,

How about the iPod itself?  Where's the best place to buy?

Thanks for all the good info. you've provided!

mr_magoo

• 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: 04 SEEG Orange & Black All Attitude
    • CVO2: 08 CUSE Copper Canyon & Stardust Silver the Cruiser
« Reply #44 on: March 26, 2004, 08:15:46 AM »

Doc thanks for the info on the pictures, glad you young guys are up on all this techno stuff.
2008FLHTCUSE3 Copper Canyon & Stardust Silver
Freedom Gear drive cams, Elite D Exhaust.

2004 SEEG Pumpkin
freedom exhaust
power commander
W/ American legend trailer<br
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4  All

Page created in 0.144 seconds with 24 queries.