Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]  All

Author Topic: FLHTCSE Ride Report  (Read 16478 times)

garya1

• Full CVO Member
  • 2015 CVORG and a host of others
Re: FLHTCSE Ride Report
« Reply #45 on: March 26, 2004, 08:29:42 AM »

IMHO the Ipod is cool but does not look too good on the handlebars. I posted a few months ago about changing out the HD CD player AND still using all of the stock hand controls. I did this on a Road Rod AND on my SERG.

If you do this then you can get the Neo Hard Drive in 20, 40, 60 80 or even 120GB! They sell interfaces for Alpine, Pioneer, Kenwood Etc. that just plug into the back of the CD player and make it appear as a CD changer to your head unit. You can then mount it in a trunk or saddlebag and USE YOUR HD hand controls to operate it while driving down the road! Artists and Song Titles will appear on your CD player's face plate and you can even set up play lists etc and control them from the stock hand controls.

However, although I AM from JCZ's generation and a knucklehead, I AM ALSO cumputer knowledgeable and this may have helped me, [smiley=laugh.gif]
I have had a passion to ride since age 10 when Dad told me I would NEVER have a motorcycle!

Doc

• Senior CVO Member

• CVO1: FLHTCSE Black and Blue
« Reply #46 on: March 26, 2004, 09:43:35 AM »

As far as looks on the handlebars...I agree.  But then again...it is very functional.  Trade off.  Some people will put up with it...some people will go to a lot of hard work to make it look better.  Either way you choose is the best way for you.  

As far as where to buy an IPod...I think the prices are set by Apple.  $400 was what I bought it for a while back.  I think everywhere that sells them is required to keep the same price.  CompUSA (not sure how widespread this company is) is where I bought mine.  They also have a bunch of accessories.  Try the website maybe.  I know they sell stuff there.

SixtySeven

• Live to Ride, Ride to Eat.
« Reply #47 on: March 26, 2004, 11:24:40 PM »

You guys should check out the Dell DJ. Substantially cheaper than a IPod for the same or more functionality/capacity. However, I could be biased.  [smiley=blush.gif]

http://www1.us.dell.com/content/products/category.aspx/dj?c=us&cs=19&l=en&s=dhs&~ck=mn
SixtySeven
04 FLHTCSEI
05 American Ironhorse Texas Chopper
01 FXSTDI
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]  All

Page created in 0.124 seconds with 21 queries.