Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Thundermax for an 08?  (Read 1150 times)

ssketer4

• CVO1: 2008 FXSTSSE2: Inferno Orange
Thundermax for an 08?
« on: June 20, 2011, 12:43:10 PM »

...wondering if anyone has had success with the Thundermax TBW for the 08 springer? I've done a search, but the posts are old, and there seemed to be speedometer calibration issues. Any help is appreciated!

rainierexpress

• Wherever you go, there you are

• CVO1: 2008 CVO Softail Springer
Re: Thundermax for an 08?
« Reply #1 on: July 23, 2011, 01:01:24 AM »

This is an old topic, but since no one replied, I'll give it a go. I have an 08 Springer CVO with a ThunderMax that I installed in 09. As far as I am concerned, that is the best investment I have made for the bike. The bike runs perfectly. It is cooler, good power and torque, great sound, no popping on deceleration (that was my initial reason for going with the Tmax), and very little maintenance. It took me about three hours to install the unit and the O2 sensors, then run through the initial tuning. A good mechanic could do it in half that time. Other than the obvious performance boost, the bike runs cooler due to the richer mixture used by the Tmax. I've also added an oil cooler and now the bike is just about where I want it. I have heard horror stories about the Tmax and the problems some folks have. Maybe it wasn't installed right, or the initial tune was off, I don't know. I do know that the auto tune works in a relatively small window, so the initial tune used as a starting point for the auto tune must be done by the book. The Tmax comes with plenty of profiles to get you started. Good luck!
2008 CVO Softail Springer
Anniversary Colors
Vance and Hines Big Radius 2-2
ThunderMax with Autotune
Blenn-Air Oil Cooler
Ness 3" Forward Control Extension

ssketer4

• CVO1: 2008 FXSTSSE2: Inferno Orange
Re: Thundermax for an 08?
« Reply #2 on: July 24, 2011, 02:05:07 AM »

Thanks for the reply!

I have one installed on my wifes 09 Sportster, and it works flawlessly, so I'm familiar with the performance.

My question is about the speedometer calibration issue, which the correct number needs to be selected before you can load a tune.

There seems to be some question about the correct number for the se springer.

Since the searched posts are old, just wondering if the speedo calibration issue for this model was solved since then.

Page created in 0.206 seconds with 25 queries.