Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Added a K1600B to Fleet but Keeping the CVO  (Read 958 times)

pooj10

• Junior CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • IL

• CVO1: 2015 CVO Street Glide (Sold)
    • CVO2: 2019 CVO Street Glide (Stage IV)
    • CVO3: BMW K1600B
Added a K1600B to Fleet but Keeping the CVO
« on: October 20, 2020, 08:58:16 PM »

I never thought I would do it, but I did. Not getting rid of my 2019 CVO Street Glide as I love the bike and it has it's purpose. The amount of money I have invested in it though to provide marginal at best handling and power is insane though. I decide to get something more purpose built for the curves on the road that has a ton of power when I desire it, enter the K1600B. I know the K1600B does not have the technology that the Harley GTS system does out of the gate, but it sure does handle like a dream and pulls like no other! I sure can do a ton of aftermarket tweaking for what I have in my FLHXSE. I sure hope Harley does something different with next redesign of the baggers or the 2019 CVO may be the last I own.

mark

Re: Added a K1600B to Fleet but Keeping the CVO
« Reply #1 on: October 20, 2020, 09:08:58 PM »

I’ve done two demo rides on the K1600B.  It’s an awesome bike...torque for days, extremely fast, handles great, excellent suspension....IMO, great value due to all the “extras” that come stock. 

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

• CVO1: 04 SEEG...sold
    • CVO2: 10 SESG...sold
    • CVO3: 13 FLHTCSE 8
« Reply #2 on: October 20, 2020, 09:30:46 PM »

I know of a couple of CVO owners that now own a B.

It's a hell of a motorcycle and I was very, very tempted.  However, after so many Harley's since 1969 that I've lost count, I now have the most reliable Harley that I've ever owned.  BMW needs to get a little more creative on their colors and paint schemes and they'd pull a bunch of Harley owners over.

But that didn't stop me from taking a B for a test ride three days in a row while I was in Sturgis for the summer, year before last.....
Never trade the thrills of living for the security of existence.  Remember...it's the journey, not the destination!

West Coast GTG   
Reno, NV (04), Reno, NV (05),  Cripple Creek, CO (06)  Hood River, OR (09), Lake Tahoe, CA (11) Carmel, CA (14), Ouray CO (15) Fortuna, Ca. (16)

FLSTFI Dave

• IBA 69147
  • 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: 2023 FLTRXSE Whiskey Neat
    • CVO2: 2021 RA1250S Pan America Special
    • CVO3: 2003 Fatboy, 95"quot, S&ampS 570 gear drive cam
« Reply #3 on: October 21, 2020, 06:43:34 AM »

I have done a demo ride on the BMW 1600 GTL twice.  Love the bikes.  Way better Handling and power.

In a few years when I need a new bike, BMW and Gold wing will be looked at hard.  Especially if Harley does not improve the frame and suspension.

Rode an Indian challenge that belongs to a friend a couple weeks ago, its stock suspension is much better than the 19 CVO RG suspension, and better than the 13 CVO king with Ohlin 13" in the rear and Legends axeo up front.

2023 FLTRXSE Whiskey Neat
2021 RA1250S Pan America Special
2019 FLTRXSE Red Pepper / Magnetic Gray Traded
2018 FLTRXSE Gunship Gray  Traded
2017 FLHXSE  Starfire Black / Atomic Red  Traded
2015 FLTRUSE Abyss Blue / Crushed Saphire Traded
2013 FLHRSE5 Diamond Dust 117  Traded
2012 FLTRXSE White Gold Pearl / Starfire Black  Traded
2009 FLTRSE3 Silver/Titanium  Traded
2003 Fatboy, real fire paint set,

pooj10

• Junior CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • IL

• CVO1: 2015 CVO Street Glide (Sold)
    • CVO2: 2019 CVO Street Glide (Stage IV)
    • CVO3: BMW K1600B
« Reply #4 on: October 21, 2020, 06:11:44 PM »

Yes I will say their technology piece on the bike needs some work and paint is just ok at best. They really need to work on the horrible sound system!!! Pathetic for German engineering. Been chatting with Peter at Soundz and going to see what we can come up with for the BMW to make the audio tolerable. Howard did a great job on my Ohlins and GP cartridges for me, but no matter what you do the ride and handling still feels dated. Why have just one bike when you can have two, LOL.

SDCVO

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • 19 CVO RG-12 CVO RG
    • CA

• CVO1: 2019 Mako Shark Roadglide
    • CVO2: 2012 Maple Roadglide
    • CVO3: 2019 BMW K1600 Grand America
« Reply #5 on: October 21, 2020, 10:39:15 PM »

Yes I will say their technology piece on the bike needs some work and paint is just ok at best. They really need to work on the horrible sound system!!! Pathetic for German engineering. Been chatting with Peter at Soundz and going to see what we can come up with for the BMW to make the audio tolerable. Howard did a great job on my Ohlins and GP cartridges for me, but no matter what you do the ride and handling still feels dated. Why have just one bike when you can have two, LOL.
Im with ya! 2 totally different bikes with opposing strengths and rides
Alan

mark

« Reply #6 on: October 22, 2020, 10:36:01 AM »

I’ve noticed the Germans are more interested in performance than accoutrements.  It seems sound systems, TFT screens, CarPlay, etc., are not a priority for them.  While they make great bikes, it’s as if they don’t really understand the US market.  I have a ‘16 BMW sports car and my ‘15 Ford truck has more bells and whistles, better nav, etc., than the BMW.

Jbbrown73

• Elite CVO Member
    • IL

• CVO1: 2015 CVO RG Ultra
    • CVO2: 2002 FLHRSEI (Brandywine)
« Reply #7 on: October 23, 2020, 08:42:21 AM »

The "B" will be my next bike, but I will never get rid of my Harleys.
Carterville, (Southern) Illinois (that would be 350 miles south of Chicago)

Page created in 0.176 seconds with 21 queries.