Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5  All

Author Topic: HUBBARD'S ROCKET RIDE PHOTOS  (Read 13752 times)

HUBBARD

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • FLHTCUSE7
    • WV

HUBBARD'S ROCKET RIDE PHOTOS
« on: February 22, 2005, 04:28:57 PM »

[smiley=oops.gif]Yo'--For whatever reason the pics of my Dresser didn't attach.  Hope this works--HUBBARD
2012 FLHTCUSE7  (Electric Orange/Black)  Built Motor (124), D&D "Borzilla" Exhaust, Tilley/K&N Air Induction,
"National President"-"Hillbilly Rocket Riders", MC, Mother Chapter, WV
"National President"-"W.H.O.R.E", TPT, WV Chapter

hd2003-se2005

Re: HUBBARD'S ROCKET RIDE PHOTOS
« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2005, 04:48:29 PM »

Hubbard

You gonna make the CVO rally?
Bring OTIS and Shrader.

One dumb question. [smiley=nervous.gif]
I assume, and hope the 1050lbs. is you and the bike? [smiley=nixweiss.gif]

HUBBARD

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • FLHTCUSE7
    • WV

« Reply #2 on: February 22, 2005, 05:04:55 PM »

Hey hd2003,
 That would be negative.  The Bike weighs 1070 lbs.  I weigh in at 240 lbs.  That's a gross weight of 1310 lbs.!  That was on scales that weigh Trucks that haul roof-bolts for the mining iundustry here in Beckley.  Lotta' iron, huh?  Go figger'. [smiley=nixweiss.gif] HUB out!
2012 FLHTCUSE7  (Electric Orange/Black)  Built Motor (124), D&D "Borzilla" Exhaust, Tilley/K&N Air Induction,

110tHunDer

• 10K CVO Member
« Reply #3 on: February 22, 2005, 07:46:06 PM »

Hub,
That sounds like the scale is wrong.
Mike

Oh boy, here we go again, but I have to agree with Mike.
« Last Edit: February 22, 2005, 07:50:11 PM by 103tHunDer »

SHRADER

• 1K CVO Member
    • WV

• CVO1: 2004 FLHTCSE Betsy
    • CVO2: 2014 FLHRSE6 Orange Crush
    • CVO3: 1947 Indian Chief Nanner Puddin HBRR Fastest Side Valve
« Reply #4 on: February 22, 2005, 09:49:35 PM »

Now HUB,

I never asked but I assume that the 1070 includes gas(40lbs), oil(12Lbs), P&A(?lbs), other miscellaneous non-H-D stuff(??lbs) and all the other junk you carry in the Tourpak, and Saddlebags(god knows how many lbs).

Correct?

I guess now you are going to have the "Maudie2" officially weighed on a certified scale to get these guys to believe you.  [smiley=bigok.gif]Maybe the 112 octane weighs more I don't know. Maybe I can get my VA State Police Buddies to let us use the Truck Scale at Bland, VA. We can do a roll through and see how much they weigh at 120+.

You In? [smiley=laugh.gif]

Always
SHRADER
2014 SERK Orange Crush-Fullsac cores and screens, Decatted Headpipe, TTS Mastertune, Kury 24D, Custom Dynamic Signals, Memphis Fairing, HBRR 117R 123HP/137TQ
2004 SEEG  Huckleberry- 113 HP/115 TQ

Charter Member and National Vice President Hillbilly Rocket Riders
Charter Member and National President CVO Harley Critter Gawking Society
National President and Founder of WRENCH We Ride Everywhere Nomatter Cold or Hot
Zen Master of Pondering

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
  • EBCM #1.5 Emeritus DSP # ? Critter Gawker #?
    • MO

• CVO1: 2000 Triple Red Screamin' Eagle Road Glide
    • CVO2: 2002 Candy Brandywine Screamin' Eagle Road King
    • CVO3: 1999 Arresting Red FXR2
« Reply #5 on: February 22, 2005, 11:11:42 PM »

Maybe I can get my VA State Police Buddies to let us use the Truck Scale at Bland, VA.

Actually, something like that may give you a measurement problem.
« Last Edit: February 23, 2005, 03:28:30 AM by twolanerider »

hd2003-se2005

« Reply #6 on: February 23, 2005, 08:27:19 AM »

That's TwoLane!

Don't hold back

Tell us how you really feel!

And to think I thought it was a dumb question on my part [smiley=nixweiss.gif]

Bet it's a wet weight between 825 to 875

Wait !!!!!!!!!!!!! What if Hubbard keeps both bags and tourpak full of beer?

Then he would be my hero! [smiley=drink.gif]   [smiley=xyxthumbs.gif]

naitram

• SMF Administrator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • MA

• CVO1: FLTRXSE2 "Marvin"
« Reply #7 on: February 23, 2005, 08:50:14 AM »

h-d lists dry weight for a Stock 05 FLHTCUI at 788lbs add fluid and accessories and id say your over 900 pounds in no time, and as twolane pointed out the scale may be off in that range as well. so wether its 900 or 1050 doesnt really matter does it?
« Last Edit: February 23, 2005, 08:50:49 AM by naitram »
:cool26: naitram...

"I reject your reality and substitute my own."
"Work is the curse of the drinking class."

HUBBARD

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • FLHTCUSE7
    • WV

« Reply #8 on: February 23, 2005, 10:55:39 AM »

Gentlemen,
 Thanks for the feedback!  Twolane's comments certainly stand to reason.  I'll weigh it again, soon.  And, yes, it's a Shriner model.  You have the choice of a Black or White Ultra Clasic, with or without the Shrine emblem on the fairing.  The bike has 13,000 miles and has the third 140 rear tire.  By the way, hd2003, you wouldn't like me if I drank alcohol. [smiley=beerchug.gif] [smiley=thumbsdown.gif]  My IQ immediately rises to 145, I then change into the "Incredible Hulk" [smiley=mean.gif], then believe I can out ride Scott Parker [smiley=oops.gif], then become God's gift to women [smiley=thumbsup.gif], and then start to believe that money grows on trees [smiley=dunce2.gif].  Hope you can't relate.  I'm so dry, I'm a fire hazard, but all are better for it.  Later-HUBBARD      

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
    • MO

« Reply #9 on: February 23, 2005, 12:35:51 PM »

h-d lists dry weight for a Stock 05 FLHTCUI at 788lbs add fluid and accessories and id say your over 900 pounds in no time, and as twolane pointed out the scale may be off in that range as well. so wether its 900 or 1050 doesnt really matter does it?

That was really my take on the whole thing.  Start a bike at 800 for round numbers.  6.5 pounds per gallon of fuel (approx).  Throw in a gallon of oil (a bit heavier than gas).  And for round numbers you could say 50 pounds of liquids.  That gets you to 850.  

Since a lot of the accessories go on in place of something else they're not adding that much.  Some, however, are completely new installs.  In either case, however, 225 pounds of doo dads just seems on the extreme side.  Having said that, however, it only makes any difference to me in queerying the math.  I could care less about the bike as it's not mine.  

It's Hubbards bike so I don't have to worry about it.  Just like everything else with everyone else's bike; if he's happy with it that's all that matters.  He doesn't, and shouldn't, care whether I wonder if he thinks the math passes the sniff test.

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

• CVO1: 04 SEEG...sold
    • CVO2: 10 SESG...sold
    • CVO3: 13 FLHTCSE 8
« Reply #10 on: February 23, 2005, 03:47:24 PM »

Never trade the thrills of living for the security of existence.  Remember...it's the journey, not the destination!

West Coast GTG   
Reno, NV (04), Reno, NV (05),  Cripple Creek, CO (06)  Hood River, OR (09), Lake Tahoe, CA (11) Carmel, CA (14), Ouray CO (15) Fortuna, Ca. (16)

hd2003-se2005

« Reply #11 on: February 23, 2005, 04:02:01 PM »

Actually

It was only a question .
My thought was that if you have two bikes that are equal in all ways, then given one bike weighs more the the other, the heaviest bike will be slower than the lightest. Assuming the riders are of equal weight and ability.

My point is,, I have outrun bikes that had lots more horsepower than me and so in my world I never underestimate any factor that could pose an advantage for me. Not saying that me and Brother Hubbard will ever race, but I do like competition. And typically I can respect a man and his machine that has a competitive spirit. Even if he is faster. I like the challenge!

If that's a problem for anyone, to punish myself I will go to my corner and hop on the Lowrider and do a smiley face burn out.  GAWD, I love the smell of burning rubber! Most of the time my biggest competition is myself! [smiley=xyxthumbs.gif]

« Last Edit: February 23, 2005, 04:03:55 PM by hd2003-se2005 »

HUBBARD

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • FLHTCUSE7
    • WV

« Reply #12 on: February 23, 2005, 05:39:32 PM »

Hey hd2003--Does this mean the flogging I took concerning my Hillbilly logic that "Weight is Horsepower" did, in fact, have some validity? [smiley=laugh.gif]  You doggone right it does.  That's why I like top-end runs.  Momemtum becomes a part of the game, then.  I've noticed, too, that the faster we ride, the lower OTIS" FLHRGSEI front end gets to the ground, while my Bat-Wing fairing has a tendancy to lift.  The Road Glide fairing is definitely more aerodynamic.  Hope to see you soon.  HUBBARD

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
    • MO

« Reply #13 on: February 23, 2005, 09:14:54 PM »

Hey hd2003--Does this mean the flogging I took concerning my Hillbilly logic that "Weight is Horsepower" did, in fact, have some validity? [smiley=laugh.gif]

hd2003-se2005

« Reply #14 on: February 23, 2005, 09:20:27 PM »

You know Hubbard, that bring up an interesting point.
Which bike is more aerodynamic. Ultimately aerodynamics do factor in, if everything else is equal except for that. I bet I know someone that can give a good answer.

Mike are you there? Mr. MFG if you know that answer please let me and Hubbard in on the answer.
I have never raced a R/G (does that mean I exhibit virginal qualities?)

Inquiring minds want to know.
That picture floating around the site of the dresser at the dragstrip might be an answer.
Did that guy race a Electra Glide instead of a Road Glide for some aerodynamic reason or because that's what he had? [smiley=nixweiss.gif]

And Hubbard I do have a hard time relating momentum to acceleration. [smiley=confused5.gif]

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5  All

Page created in 0.161 seconds with 21 queries.