Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: 1936 HARLEY  (Read 2365 times)

VANAMAL

• 1K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2012 SESG
    • CVO2: 2005 seeg banana
1936 HARLEY
« on: February 22, 2005, 08:21:07 PM »

i normaly play golf on wed. with the guys and join in for a little gin rummy with the older guys afterwards. one of the guys named bill heard us talking about harleys and says i bought a new harley once. surprised i said yeah when was that? he says 1936 and it was the most fun i ever had. bill was around 90 at the time and recenty passed away. you gotta love the feelings that motorcycle riding gives to people that last a lifetime.

thatrhinoguy

• Senior CVO Member
  • Fly Fast, Live Slow

• CVO1: '11 RUSE Reo Red / Black Ember
    • CVO2: '09 CUSE Ruby / Typhoon (Sold)
    • CVO3: '05 SEEG Two Tone Candy Cherry (Sold)
Re: 1936 HARLEY
« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2005, 09:15:08 AM »

VANAMAL,

That's cool.
   I've got a friend how bought a new Indian in, I think the late forties, it's neat to hear him reminisce about it.
'04 SSR   Ultra Violet
'02 Chevy Duramax Crew Dually

16HD117

• When I was fifteen I wanted to be older. This is not what I expected!
  • 2.5K CVO Member
  • AKA 04hd103,AKA 07hd110,AKA 11hd110,AKA 16hd110
« Reply #2 on: March 01, 2005, 07:56:06 PM »

i normaly play golf on wed. with the guys and join in for a little gin rummy with the older guys afterwards. one of the guys named bill heard us talking about harleys and says i bought a new harley once. surprised i said yeah when was that? he says 1936 and it was the most fun i ever had. bill was around 90 at the time and recenty passed away. you gotta love the feelings that motorcycle riding gives to people that last a lifetime.

One day some of us will be Bill.  We'll be able to tell our younger card playin' buddies about the Harley CVO that we bought!

I'm sure most of us have seen the Harley commercial where the guy at the gas pump tells a group ouf riders that he almost bought a Harley but bought a dinette set instead.  I'm glad I opted for the Harley! [smiley=biggthumpup.gif]

Besides, Im not payin' 32K for a stinkin' dinette set!

Life's journey is not to arrive safely at the grave in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out shouting Holy Chit......... What a Ride!

Screamin

• 5k CVO Member
  • Number 641

• CVO1: 2005 SEEG2 Cherry
    • CVO2: 2019 Road Glide Ultra
« Reply #3 on: March 01, 2005, 08:14:57 PM »

Your right 04. I cherish the beers and chats I share w/ the "old timers - there's getting to be less and less of them all the time - and hope to share my stories w/ the younguns someday. Truth be known, that day seems to be getting closer everyday.   [smiley=uneasy.gif]

reo

• Elite CVO Member
  • Got Chrome ?

• CVO1: Red FLSTFSE
    • CVO2: B&B FLHTCSE
    • royogren.com/gallery/
« Reply #4 on: March 02, 2005, 01:08:08 AM »

I remember when I was young, probably around 10 years old my grandfather told me a story about his motorcycle. I recall His eyes lighting up while telling me about his four cylinder Henderson. I asked him what came about the bike, he said my grandmother made him get rid of it when they stated dating. I wish he had lived longer so I could have better understood the stories of when he was a renegade before meeting my grandmother. My grandmother was a very strict religious person and wouldn

Sir_Nuke

• I ride it like I stole it!!
« Reply #5 on: March 02, 2005, 10:16:19 PM »

The one time I ran across a guy like this was my first trip to Sturgis...and I rode solo from Texas.....I was out about 250 miles from sturgis at the time and I came up on another lone rider going much slower than myself...I slowed down as I could tell this was a vintage bike....as I got up close I could see that the bike was loaded down with all the riders camping gear.....and the plate was for a vintage bike...the state...North Carolina, and the year, it was a 1938 model.....and the guy riding it....looked like HE baught the bike brand new....and there he was....out with his wind in his face....solo, riding nearly 2/3 of the way across our wonderful country....oh his baby. it was turely inspirational.
'03' SERK, SE slip-ons, Stage 1 air cleaner, King Tour Pak, and an honest to goodness HD Quick Detachable Batwing Fairing.

sailordb

• Ride hard-live free
« Reply #6 on: March 14, 2005, 01:45:11 PM »

Some years ago I was hanging out in the local bike shop (surprise!) when an old gent came in and told the story about how he had '36 HD before "the war" and he and his wife rode all over the place. He sold it for a car when the first baby came and had always wished he had another. I asked him if he still had kids at home. "No, too old." I suggested that he go check out a new ride at the HD dealer. About three-four days later I am at the shop again (another surpise, uh?) and in comes this red side car rig. Its the old guy and his wife. She had always wished they had another bike too.
If you ain't having fun you're in the wrong place.

Page created in 0.228 seconds with 21 queries.