Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5  All

Author Topic: Tailgaters  (Read 4025 times)

spydglide

• 10K CVO Member
  • spyder-psychle
Re: Tailgaters
« Reply #30 on: June 17, 2008, 10:27:26 AM »

Many years ago Spencer's Gifts used to sell stick on buttons that had little electronic batteries in them that could generate little electronic noises.  These buttons were labeled with such things as "Death Ray", "Smoke Screen", "Rear Machine Gun".  They could be stuck to dash pads, inner fairings, or tanks.  They certainly wouldn't accomplish as much as intended but giving someone an unsuspecting "Death Ray" through clenched teach is better than years of anger management therapy.  I'm just saying.......
That's so great......I actually remember those (I admit that I had one) A safe way to vent!   :huepfenlol2: har!  spyder
2004 FLHTCSE Cobalt 'Huckleberry'  .....94K+mi.     &  1994 FLSTN 'OleGranny' .....116K+mi.

RioGlide

• Senior CVO Member

• CVO1: 07 SE Road King - sold
    • CVO2: 07 VRSCDX - Night Rod Special - sold
    • CVO3: 11 FLRTUSE - Rio Red
« Reply #31 on: June 17, 2008, 11:01:31 AM »

Well I'm originally from the Chicago suburbs.  So much for "midwestern values" and such.  I have personally seen dozens of incidents of so-called "road rage" on the Chicagoland expressways.

The last time I drove back (in a rented POS Chevy), I was basically assaulted by some lunatic in a late model Bimmer.  I have no idea what I could possibly have done to raise this jerk's interest, as I was just motoring along with traffic (75mph) in the middle-right lane of I-90/94 near Comiskey Park, maintaining a normal following distance behind someone else, but he insisted on cutting across three lanes of traffic in order to jam on his brakes in front of me.  I move over into the far right lane to avoid this nutcase, and he keeps going at it, over and over.

I do not understand what is with some people.  I also have not seen such intense hostility on other city's roadways (although I've had a couple bad experiences in Tampa - again with Illinois drivers!!)

The horrible traffic (full highways) plus an apparent abundance of these idiots, along with the weather, were big reasons why I left the Windy City about 15 years ago.  I see things haven't changed that much.  I don't think could go back.

Yes I realize I live in NJ now, and there's gotta be a million horror stories on the GSP & NJ Tpke, but I avoid those highways too.

My advice for dealing with these people is slow down and move on with life.  Some of these psychos appear ready and willing to kill bikers.  If you get a bozo like the one described on the original post, find a way to pull off the highway.  Just stay alive!

Ride safe & live another day to ride again.

hunter

• Elite CVO Member
  • Have rifle, will travel

• CVO1: 2008 SERK, Black & Silver with RH TD
« Reply #32 on: June 17, 2008, 11:09:18 AM »

Yes I realize I live in NJ now, and there's gotta be a million horror stories on the GSP & NJ Tpke, but I avoid those highways too.
Add route 1 to that list.  Remeber the cops may ignor your complaint, but these Dou^%$ bags do this every day and if the cops get complaints from several different drivers, they have to act on it.

Ride safe and Think about people waiting for you at home.
Lack of money is the source of all evils.

J-Carr

• Got to keep the Loonies on the path
  • Elite CVO Member
  • SoA#911.2

• CVO1: 2008 FLHTCUSE
« Reply #33 on: June 17, 2008, 12:00:23 PM »

I have the right to protect myself, my family and my property at home or in public...
When I reach into my jacket, there is a weapon there.

In Florida it is a matter of common sense to be well armed.

I like my new Ruger LCP, it fits in the dash bag for when I do not have a jacket on.   :2vrolijk_21:

I agree that the constitution gives us the right to protect ourselves, property and family.  Now all you have to do is get "let-em-loose-bruce" the judge to agree with you.  Most courts in this country will be very tough on proving your defending yourself if you shoot a tailgater.  Even if they're coming after you with they're vehicle, which I would classify as a deadly weapon, but again, many courts would not see it that way.

I gave up my permit to carry because I knew I was going to shoot someone in a car one of these days.  And although I FIRMLY support the right of americans to defend themselves, the reality is the courts don't.  They give the rights to the criminals.  Yes it sucks.  Yes I hate it.  Yes I agree that the constitution says otherwise.  But it still wont help me be with my family and on my bike if some liberal a$$ judge and jury chooses to ignore the law.

Ride Safe,
J-Carr

P.S.  My .40 S&W fits perfectly in that little pocket all the Harley jackets have inside the left lapel flap.  You think that's intential?

Me, Screamin' Nemo and The Kid.

miker

• 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: 2009FLHTCUSE4
« Reply #34 on: June 17, 2008, 12:12:38 PM »

I'll go to jail to protect me and mine anytime...We have a rash of the crap down here...Some poor bastard at a light shot dead by a crackhead, tourists gettin shot asking for directions, BSR shot in traffic, its the effin wild west down here. 

F bad guys and crazies......I'll take my chances with the legal system instead of surety of the undertaker any day.

Love a .40 S&W! But this little .380 with 95gr Corbons is gonna sting and at 10 ounces it be carried mexi style!

P.S.
I promise to take the flag when I leave Satans Azzhole, I mean south Florida someday.  Thanks for the rant...I feel better now   ;)

:soapbox:

FLYNDYNA

• Dyna Screaming Eagle
  • 1K CVO Member
  • My Little Pepe` the CVO Donkey

• CVO1: '07 FXDSE V&H Big Shot Staggered SERT K&N A/C Custom Seat
    • CVO2: '09 Road Glide-waiting for lottery
« Reply #35 on: June 17, 2008, 12:52:56 PM »

I do occasionally succomb to the anger from dealing with multiple cager a$$wholes (in their entirety)...but I limit it to a gesture. Even that has gotten me the occasional total nutbag who begins the "I'm going to ram you" game, swirving towards you, ect. I am definitely trying to turn the other cheek these days, even when cigarettes are flicked out windows in what looks like a deliberate attempt to "hit the biker"...
 There have definitely been times I thought about the ball bearing or spark plug trick, or flinging my Airline size bottle of emergency Gin from my inner pocket, which has been there for four years now. However, patience persevers and I realise the potential error in judgement before it can happen. The gin is purely a novelty,  :I keep it in case I go down and can still reach for it and open it...similar theory to the old cartoon where the Saint Bernard comes over to the downed skier, shakes the small cask, opens it, pours out a martini, promptly drinks it and leaves...o.k., maybe I have issues... :nixweiss: :huepfenlol2:
I am so non conformist I have conformed to non conformity
I was going to procrastinate, but I put it off

miker

• 5k CVO Member

« Reply #36 on: June 17, 2008, 12:54:01 PM »

I do occasionally succomb to the anger from dealing with multiple cager a$$wholes (in their entirety)...but I limit it to a gesture. Even that has gotten me the occasional total nutbag who begins the "I'm going to ram you" game, swirving towards you, ect. I am definitely trying to turn the other cheek these days, even when cigarettes are flicked out windows in what looks like a deliberate attempt to "hit the biker"...
 There have definitely been times I thought about the ball bearing or spark plug trick, or flinging my Airline size bottle of emergency Gin from my inner pocket, which has been there for four years now. However, patience persevers and I realise the potential error in judgement before it can happen. The gin is purely a novelty,  :I keep it in case I go down and can still reach for it and open it...similar theory to the old cartoon where the Saint Bernard comes over to the downed skier, shakes the small cask, opens it, pours out a martini, promptly drinks it and leaves...o.k., maybe I have issues... :nixweiss: :huepfenlol2:

Where do you carry the limes and tonic??? Gaaa!

naitram

• SMF Administrator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • MA

• CVO1: FLTRXSE2 "Marvin"
« Reply #37 on: June 17, 2008, 01:05:38 PM »

ewwwwwwwwwwwwwwww 4 yr old lime  :puke:
:cool26: naitram...

"I reject your reality and substitute my own."
"Work is the curse of the drinking class."

FLYNDYNA

• Dyna Screaming Eagle
  • 1K CVO Member

« Reply #38 on: June 17, 2008, 01:07:50 PM »

I have refrigerated underwear...it's cool as chit...

spydglide

• 10K CVO Member
  • spyder-psychle
« Reply #39 on: June 17, 2008, 01:08:20 PM »

There have definitely been times I thought about the ball bearing or spark plug trick, or flinging my Airline size bottle of emergency Gin from my inner pocket, which has been there for four years now.
But, then what would you do if you get snake bit?   :nixweiss: har!  spyder
2004 FLHTCSE Cobalt 'Huckleberry'  .....94K+mi.     &  1994 FLSTN 'OleGranny' .....116K+mi.

miker

• 5k CVO Member

« Reply #40 on: June 17, 2008, 01:09:09 PM »

:D

I'll stick to "on board" bourbon but do love a ice cold refreshing G&T, specially down here in the summer....

FLYNDYNA

• Dyna Screaming Eagle
  • 1K CVO Member

« Reply #41 on: June 17, 2008, 01:11:13 PM »

I also like the Absolut Citron with a splash of lemon juice and a twist o' lime...also very refreshing...

miker

• 5k CVO Member

« Reply #42 on: June 17, 2008, 01:12:58 PM »

OK, dammit now I am thristy and its $1 rita night at the local mexifood palace to boot.. :orange:

FLYNDYNA

• Dyna Screaming Eagle
  • 1K CVO Member

« Reply #43 on: June 17, 2008, 01:17:44 PM »

To support my love of visiting local bars, and to keep myself out of trouble...pic's of the basement project under way...

FLYNDYNA

• Dyna Screaming Eagle
  • 1K CVO Member

« Reply #44 on: June 17, 2008, 01:20:36 PM »

1st pic of bar construction
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5  All

Page created in 0.19 seconds with 21 queries.