Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Read a Book and Raise MD Money -Murder on the Trap  (Read 1254 times)

ccr

• SEEG Cult Senior Member
  • 5k CVO Member
Read a Book and Raise MD Money -Murder on the Trap
« on: July 16, 2005, 07:11:58 AM »

Sharing at the request of a fellow HOG chapter member from West Virginia.
Fellow Hogs: 6-29-2005

My name is John Preston Smith and I am a River Cities Hog (US1761849) in Huntington, WV.  I've recently drawn on my history and love of riding Harley's, and desire to raise money for muscular dystrophy by incorporating them both into my book, "Murder on the Trap." This mystery has just been released by Durban House Publishing (their web site is of the same name).  It is a murder mystery where everyone rides a Harley, the good and bad guys, the girls, and everyone in the final chase scene.  Additionally, there is a glossary of biking terms and a copy of the Hurt report (minus all references to helmets) included.  Most importantly, a donation is being made to the Muscular Dystrophy Association from the sale of each copy.  The cost of each book is $12 plus $2 shipping for an autographed copy.  However, it is also available at major book outlets.  Following is a review of my novel written by Walter Kern of Motorcycles.about.com...the largest motorcycle site on the web.  Would you please consider forwarding this to your list of HOG members? My address:  30 West 6th Ave, Suite 103, Huntington, WV 25701  Thank you.  John

Murder on the Trap - A Review

From Walter Kern, Your Guide to Motorcycles.

"I found that Smith knows how to twist a tale and keep you guessing clear to the end. He's also got some great scenes about German Shepherds guaranteed to appeal to all dog lovers. Even Lance Armstrong ends up as an integral part of this yarn. It's not often that a good mystery can also be a good motorcycle story but this book fills the bill. You won't be disappointed."

Other reviews:
"A must read for motorcycle and mystery lovers.  Smith cranks it out fast and mean."
                                                                  Robert Middlemiss (A Common Glory)
"Murder on the Trap is a rip-roaring ride into murder and mayhem."
                                                                  Richard Sand, award winning author
"Well drawn characters and an intricate plot make this tale as sure hit."
                                                                  J. Baldwin (Greenbrier Valley Quarterly)

Page created in 0.128 seconds with 21 queries.