Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5  All

Author Topic: Corbin visit.......  (Read 8344 times)

WaSEEG

• Senior CVO Member
Re: Corbin visit.......
« Reply #30 on: November 29, 2008, 11:25:16 PM »

Thanks for the trip down memory lane.  Pam had her seat fitted for her at the factory, but opted for the no frills look.

'05 SEEG
PC III usb
SE Air Filter
Freedom Pipes
Freedom Cam
SE 6-speed
VPC
Wild -1 575's
Garmin Zumo 660
Traxxion AK-20's
300mm Bitubo's

'06 Tiara S/4300

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

• CVO1: 04 SEEG...sold
    • CVO2: 10 SESG...sold
    • CVO3: 13 FLHTCSE 8
« Reply #31 on: November 30, 2008, 10:48:48 AM »

Thanks for the trip down memory lane.  Pam had her seat fitted for her at the factory, but opted for the no frills look.

It is an interesting experience....especially the fact that they just let you walk all over the factory while the work is being done.

Looks like the same seat except that Terrie's has the heater.  When you get the heater, it requires stitching in the seat.  Of course the stitching pattern is up to the owner.  I saw some pretty elaborate stitching patterns.  While I don't care for the tuck and roll look I thought I'd keep it simple with the flames.
Never trade the thrills of living for the security of existence.  Remember...it's the journey, not the destination!

West Coast GTG   
Reno, NV (04), Reno, NV (05),  Cripple Creek, CO (06)  Hood River, OR (09), Lake Tahoe, CA (11) Carmel, CA (14), Ouray CO (15) Fortuna, Ca. (16)

mr_magoo

• 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: 04 SEEG Orange & Black All Attitude
    • CVO2: 08 CUSE Copper Canyon & Stardust Silver the Cruiser
« Reply #32 on: November 30, 2008, 10:51:25 AM »

JCZ do they stitch the seat to hold the heating element from moving?
2008FLHTCUSE3 Copper Canyon & Stardust Silver
Freedom Gear drive cams, Elite D Exhaust.

2004 SEEG Pumpkin
freedom exhaust
power commander
W/ American legend trailer<br

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

« Reply #33 on: November 30, 2008, 11:01:18 AM »

JCZ do they stitch the seat to hold the heating element from moving?

No.  The stitching is done prior to the seat cover going on the seat.  The heating element is glued onto the seat prior to the cover being put on.  On a heated seat there is a thin layer of insulation directly under the leather and I think they sew it to keep the insulation from bunching up over time.
Never trade the thrills of living for the security of existence.  Remember...it's the journey, not the destination!

West Coast GTG   
Reno, NV (04), Reno, NV (05),  Cripple Creek, CO (06)  Hood River, OR (09), Lake Tahoe, CA (11) Carmel, CA (14), Ouray CO (15) Fortuna, Ca. (16)

1abastarsmda

• 2.5K CVO Member
    • PA

• CVO1: 2021 CVO Limited
« Reply #34 on: January 05, 2009, 04:08:48 AM »

That's pretty cool.  They did the seat for you while you waited?  Did you have to have an appointment or just walk in?

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

« Reply #35 on: January 07, 2009, 06:10:49 PM »

That's pretty cool.  They did the seat for you while you waited?  Did you have to have an appointment or just walk in?

Sorry, I missed this.

In the winter it's pretty much first come first serve on Saturdays only.  In the summer, you better make an appointment......and get the name of the person that you talked to.  The doors open at 8:00 a.m. but the line can and does start any time after 7:30a.m. in the winter (even earlier in the summer).

West Coast GTG   

Boatman

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: 2014 CVO Limited
    • CVO2: 2010 SEUC-accident victim-gone
    • CVO3: 2005 SEEG-traded on 2010
« Reply #36 on: January 07, 2009, 07:08:29 PM »

Thanks to Terry and yourself JCZ, I ordered a Corbin heated close solo yesterday from Jenni at Tri State Harley and she said we would have in 3 weeks or so.  May drive down, meet her, and pick up in person as she is only 90 miles away.  Maybe even be warm enough to ride.  Just ordered it as it looks on Corbins website.  Bob

REGGAB

« Reply #37 on: January 07, 2009, 07:42:11 PM »

Oh, she's flat footed.  Actually, she's got a slight bend in her knees.  Just doesn't feel like she has the control that she had on her Dyna.  I think it's just a matter of her adjusting to a higher riding bike.

That bike handles so great, I'm afraid to mess with the suspension at all.  We'll let others tread there first and give the reports over a period of time, first. :nixweiss:

Yea Terry........at 6'4" my pants still bunch up on the bottom to, when I stand up.  I get them extra long so that when I'm riding they stay down over my boots.  Don't want anybody to know I wear white sox. :huepfenlol2:

Had to go back and read this whole thread, since I missed it first go 'round.  Beuatiful saddle, Terrie!  Though I have a Corbin, I'm envious.  I'd like one like that for the purple bike.

Oh, and JC.........Buddy, them white sox.......they's standard issue down here in Alabama.  Show 'em off!   :huepfenlol2: :huepfenjump3: :huepfenlol2: :huepfenjump3: :huepfenlol2:

Trapperdog

• 2.5K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2007 FLHTCUSE2
    • CVO2: 2009 ST1300 Police
    • CVO3: 2006 ST1300
« Reply #38 on: January 07, 2009, 08:24:12 PM »

It is an interesting experience....especially the fact that they just let you walk all over the factory while the work is being done.

Looks like the same seat except that Terrie's has the heater.  When you get the heater, it requires stitching in the seat.  Of course the stitching pattern is up to the owner.  I saw some pretty elaborate stitching patterns.  While I don't care for the tuck and roll look I thought I'd keep it simple with the flames.
Just a note here...I had my heated seat done here at the Ca factory and had it covered with (fau) tan alligater. It was our fourth Corbin seat made by their main guy, Gustavo.  I did not want any stitching so I talked Gustavo into recessing the heating element into the foam which requires no stitching. The stitching is to "puff" up the seat off the element to reduce heat. It was the first one he had done at the time and had to re do it after cutting the element wires. It came out great for me and I tipped him 20$ for his efforts. He also said not to tell the boss as they arn't supossed to alter the seat in this way. Here is a pic below when it was new, the color has toned down alot since then.

JR

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • Be Still and Know that I AM God
    • TN

• CVO1: 2012 ULTRA FLHTCUSE7
    • CVO2: 2005 SEEG FLHTCSE2
    • CVO3: 2000 SERG FLTRSEI
    • photobucket.com
« Reply #39 on: January 07, 2009, 08:46:56 PM »

Just a note here...I had my heated seat done here at the Ca factory and had it covered with (fau) tan alligater. It was our fourth Corbin seat made by their main guy, Gustavo.  I did not want any stitching so I talked Gustavo into recessing the heating element into the foam which requires no stitching. The stitching is to "puff" up the seat off the element to reduce heat. It was the first one he had done at the time and had to re do it after cutting the element wires. It came out great for me and I tipped him 20$ for his efforts. He also said not to tell the boss as they arn't supossed to alter the seat in this way. Here is a pic below when it was new, the color has toned down alot since then.

Looks Great! Often wondered why they needed stiching with a heated seat. To me, the seat looks much better without the stiching. :2vrolijk_21:

Admiral

• My . Ol . Lady's . A Screaming Eagle !!!
  • 1K CVO Member
  • >> SILVER BULLET <<

• CVO1: 2016 FLHTKSE
    • CVO2: 2009 FLHTCUSE4
    • CVO3: 2006 FLHTCUSE
    • SJHR
« Reply #40 on: January 07, 2009, 08:50:18 PM »

Go gators,  Looks great.
 :wacko:

Trapperdog

• 2.5K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2007 FLHTCUSE2
    • CVO2: 2009 ST1300 Police
    • CVO3: 2006 ST1300
« Reply #41 on: January 07, 2009, 09:16:47 PM »

Looks Great! Often wondered why they needed stiching with a heated seat. To me, the seat looks much better without the stiching. :2vrolijk_21:
My thoughts exactly, guess I was lucky everybody was thinking "outside the box" that day

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

« Reply #42 on: January 07, 2009, 09:19:54 PM »

Trapper, that looks great.  I wondered why they had to stitch it for the heater since the heater is glued in. 

Are you coming to Sac. for the Easyriders Bike Show?  I sent you a PM.

West Coast GTG   

spydglide

• 10K CVO Member
  • spyder-psychle
« Reply #43 on: January 08, 2009, 07:07:10 AM »

Thanks to Terry and yourself JCZ, I ordered a Corbin heated close solo yesterday from Jenni at Tri State Harley and she said we would have in 3 weeks or so.  May drive down, meet her, and pick up in person as she is only 90 miles away.  Maybe even be warm enough to ride.  Just ordered it as it looks on Corbins website.  Bob
Hey Boatman....was the close solo for a '05 SEEG?  I tried ordering one to fit my SEEG and they told me that they could not put heat in the solo model to fit the SEEGs, 'cause the seat pan wasn't designed for the apparatus.  That's what the guy in Calif. told me.  So no heated Corbin for Spyder.  :( aaarrgh.  spyder
2004 FLHTCSE Cobalt 'Huckleberry'  .....94K+mi.     &  1994 FLSTN 'OleGranny' .....116K+mi.

ccr

• SEEG Cult Senior Member
  • 5k CVO Member
« Reply #44 on: January 08, 2009, 09:17:00 AM »

Hey Boatman....was the close solo for a '05 SEEG?  I tried ordering one to fit my SEEG and they told me that they could not put heat in the solo model to fit the SEEGs, 'cause the seat pan wasn't designed for the apparatus.  That's what the guy in Calif. told me.  So no heated Corbin for Spyder.  :( aaarrgh.  spyder
This changed end of last year Spyder
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5  All

Page created in 0.224 seconds with 21 queries.