Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: For "Mark" that I met at Long Branch HD  (Read 1201 times)

porthole

• 10K CVO Member
  • Welcome to the Machine

• CVO1: 2005.3217-45 FLHTCSE2
    • Porthole II
For "Mark" that I met at Long Branch HD
« on: September 24, 2005, 06:15:17 PM »

Hey Mark,

Drop me an email with the the names of the parts we talked about (lights - load manager).

porthole@optonline.net

I forgot about the time I hit the opposite curb
« Last Edit: September 24, 2005, 07:35:31 PM by porthole2 »
:fireman: Duane  :fireman:

MV 2013

1982 LowRider * 1974 XLCH * 1972 Adnoh
You can't control the weather, only how you deal with it

Pana-guy

• A day on the road is better than 2 in the office!
Re: For "Mark" that I met at Long Branch
« Reply #1 on: October 01, 2005, 09:56:30 PM »

Hi Duane,

I e-mailed you the info you requested about LED light conversion as well as the Load Equalizer. Anyway here it is for the benefit of others:

I bought the LED bulbs from LEDtronics in CA. They are importers of very high quality LED lights assemblies from Korea (not junk) and although could be a few dollars higher than some of the unknown brands in the parts catalogs you get what you pay for. Here are the direct links to order on their web site:

Main site:
http://www.ledtronics.com/

To purchase YELLOW 1156 (Rear) Bulbs (or RED if you did the HD brake/turn signal conversion) tail light bulbs & YELLOW 1157 (Front) bulbs: http://www.ledtronics.com/ds/aut1157/

To Purchase a special 3157 Tail Light that has a built in CLEAR mid section for license plate illumination for Motorcycles (VERY UNIQUE):

http://www.ledtronics.com/ds/aut1157/

Last but not least, you must have a Load Equalizer so the LED turn signals work properly (don't flash or flash too fast, etc.). Radiantz makes a true PLUG AND PLAY equalizer that you simply unplug the rear turn signal connector under your seat and plug this small adapter in between the male and female connectors and voila! everything works fine. Also note they advertise the use of their unit has NO problems working with the 4 way flashers, the H-D security and paging system and is completely compatible unlike some other load equalizers. (You have to follow the instructions because you have to program the unit for operation simply by turning on and off the right turn signals first and than the left turn signals and than the load equalizer and LED Turn Signals work perfectly). Anyway I have used the Radiantz Load Equalizer now for 6 months and haven't had any issues at all except occasionally the turn signals speed up if left on for any length of time (not the 4-way flashers- just the left or right one. Just cancel the signal and it should be fine the next time you signal). Here is the link for Radiantz or you can buy through most of the Parts Catalogs. (The correct model number is: "6150-01 Harley Load Equalizer" for the SEEG):

http://www.radiantz.com/  
Unfortunately you have to navigate through their menu drill down to get to this product since they don't show the direct link for me to copy. On Home page click on "Turn Signal" on left column, then click on "Load Equalizer/Flasher" in center of page, then click on "Harley Flasherz", then click on "Load Equalizer" which finally brings you to the order page for this unit. The top model shown,  "6150-01 Harley Load Equalizer" is the correct model to buy for $53.99. CONTRARY to what others say you do NOT need separate equalizers for rear and front. This Radiantz that plugs into the rear works great for both rear and front for me.

Total cost for the whole LED conversion (and these are all top quality parts) runs under only $200.

[smiley=cherry.gif] Mark [smiley=cherry.gif]

2005 H-D FLHTCSE2 (Red SEEG)
2004 BMW R1200C Montauk
2004 BMW 330CIC Convertible

Page created in 0.264 seconds with 21 queries.