Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5  All

Author Topic: After 27 years I changed  (Read 15585 times)

HUBBARD

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • FLHTCUSE7
    • WV

Re: After 27 years I changed
« Reply #15 on: November 12, 2014, 01:32:56 PM »

What a bunch of chit!  If you ain't got enough money to play poker, don't sit at the table.  This is a CVO Harley Site.  Broke down, blown up, wrecked, or impounded, they're still the only real Motorcycle on the Planet.  Anything else is junk.   8)  Later--HUBBARD 
2012 FLHTCUSE7  (Electric Orange/Black)  Built Motor (124), D&D "Borzilla" Exhaust, Tilley/K&N Air Induction,
"National President"-"Hillbilly Rocket Riders", MC, Mother Chapter, WV
"National President"-"W.H.O.R.E", TPT, WV Chapter

GregKhougaz

• It's a Two Wheeled World.
  • Global Moderator
  • 5k CVO Member
    • CA

• CVO1: '22 BMW Grand America
    • CVO2: '18 Porsche C4 GTS
    • CVO3: '22 Porsche Macan GTS and my mountain bike.
« Reply #16 on: November 12, 2014, 01:59:15 PM »

See!    8)   I'm not the only blunt one here.    :huepfenjump3:   

"We've got some tall tales we love to tell.  They may not be true but we sure do remember them well." 
 Sawyer Brown

When you come to a fork in the road... take it!

Dr.D

• 1K CVO Member

• CVO1: 09 SEDFB Sunrise Yellow and Black Quartz
    • CVO2: 2014 CVO Limited silver/orange
    • CVO3: 2015 Indian Vintage Custom 57 Chevy Blue
« Reply #17 on: November 12, 2014, 02:16:27 PM »

Well I expected something completely different. ??? ??? And don't me no chit about my poor spelling and grammar. ;D

With a title like that I was expecting to see he sold his dick and bought a puss and tits. Transexual??

Poor fellow should be pitied and prayed for. After all it took him 27 years to find a bike that he likes. ;)
« Last Edit: November 12, 2014, 02:22:40 PM by Dr.D »

kiro

• 1K CVO Member
    • ME

• CVO1: 2017 FLHTKSE
    • CVO2: 1986 FXR Super Glide - antique, but the Evo lives on!
    • A Shot in the Dark
« Reply #18 on: November 12, 2014, 02:30:32 PM »

I'll do my best to stay on everyone's good side here after these exchanges - LOL... Years ago a 1% I knew told me, 'if you're going to ride, ride a bike people will respect'. BMW didn't exactly jump out in my mind... Please note this message was checked for proper grammar and punctuation  :2vrolijk_21:.

GregKhougaz

• It's a Two Wheeled World.
  • Global Moderator
  • 5k CVO Member
    • CA

• CVO1: '22 BMW Grand America
    • CVO2: '18 Porsche C4 GTS
    • CVO3: '22 Porsche Macan GTS and my mountain bike.
« Reply #19 on: November 12, 2014, 02:40:20 PM »

Please note this message was checked for proper grammar and punctuation  :2vrolijk_21:.

Thanks!   :huepfenjump3:

"We've got some tall tales we love to tell.  They may not be true but we sure do remember them well." 
 Sawyer Brown

When you come to a fork in the road... take it!

PinkE

• Senior CVO Member
« Reply #20 on: November 12, 2014, 02:57:07 PM »

I wonder if his feet are still growing?  :nixweiss:
MY Broom is an `04 FLHTCUI Lehman Trike and I Love flyin on it!!!

deldago

• Elite CVO Member
    • OH

• CVO1: 2013 FLTRXSE2
« Reply #21 on: November 12, 2014, 03:08:01 PM »

I am on my way over to the Bimmer site to start a thread about trading a 1600 in for a CVO with an 1800! I will report back the results. 8)
T-MAN 117 kit

FlaHeatWave

• 1K CVO Member

• CVO1: '01 FXDWG2 RED 103 6sp
    • CVO2: '05 FLHTCSE2 CHERRY
    • CVO3: '09 FLTRSE3 YELLOW 117/DD7
« Reply #22 on: November 12, 2014, 03:28:12 PM »

Y'all quit sugar coatin' and tell us how you really feel...

It's a tough crowd around here sometimes, tough crowd...
"I've read dozens of books about heros and crooks, and learned much from both of their styles"

Trapperdog

• 2.5K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2007 FLHTCUSE2
    • CVO2: 2009 ST1300 Police
    • CVO3: 2006 ST1300
« Reply #23 on: November 12, 2014, 03:46:53 PM »

Lordy, give the guy a break. I think the majority here would be surprised how many respected members have gone to the dark side, either perminatly or as an addition. As for post count, we  just met a right nice couple at the MITM who both ride, have been members since 2003 but only have 132 posts. Some people just aren't forum contributors. Doesn't make them any less likable
Than those who post 1500 posts a year

grc

• 10K CVO Member
  • AKA Grouchy Old Fart
    • IN

• CVO1: 2005 SEEG2
« Reply #24 on: November 12, 2014, 04:07:39 PM »

I am on my way over to the Bimmer site to start a thread about trading a 1600 in for a CVO with an 1800! I will report back the results. 8)

You can only dream about your 1800 running half as well as that 1600, even after modifications.  That's the answer you would get to your post "over there", and it would be 100% accurate.

Jerry

Btw, I don't understand why some people on this and other "Harley" sites get so defensive and offensive when someone mentions the superiority of a different brand.  Of course I never have understood Harley riders that refuse to wave to or even acknowledge a Honda rider when they pass on the highway either.  You can be happy with and proud of what you drive or ride without being a complete asshole, if you know what I mean.  Hell, even Chevy fans must have at least one socially redeeming characteristic, if we search hard enough.

Jerry - 2005 Cherry SEEG  -  Member # 1155

H-D and me  -  a classic love / hate relationship.  Current score:  love 40, hate 50, bewildered 10.

grc

• 10K CVO Member
  • AKA Grouchy Old Fart
    • IN

« Reply #25 on: November 12, 2014, 04:08:37 PM »

Lordy, give the guy a break. I think the majority here would be surprised how many respected members have gone to the dark side, either perminatly or as an addition. As for post count, we  just met a right nice couple at the MITM who both ride, have been members since 2003 but only have 132 posts. Some people just aren't forum contributors. Doesn't make them any less likable

:2vrolijk_21: :2vrolijk_21: :2vrolijk_21:

Jerry

H-D and me  -  a classic love / hate relationship.  Current score:  love 40, hate 50, bewildered 10.

deldago

• Elite CVO Member
    • OH

• CVO1: 2013 FLTRXSE2
« Reply #26 on: November 12, 2014, 04:34:57 PM »

Jerry, my post was made with my tongue firmly planted in my cheek! If you want a low maintenance performance bike Harley would have to be pretty low on the list, even the V rod is no match for a 200 HP R1 that can be had for less than 15k. I have a love for all things mechanical. I would hope that you would expect a little ridicule posting on a sight the caters to a certain crowd and you post that you are switching to another brand. And yes, I wave to everyone and am a card carrying Bow tie member, but that doesn't mean I can't appreciate a GT 500 or a Hellcat. Your last point is spot on though, I have no socially redeeming qualities. :)
T-MAN 117 kit

DesertHOG

• Visiting America One Road Trip at a Time
  • 2.5K CVO Member
  • Vivid Black Special
    • NM

• CVO1: 2011 FLTRUSE - SOLD
    • CVO2: 2015 FLTRUSE - SOLD
    • CVO3: 2018 FLTRXS - Vivid Black
    • Join me on Facebook
« Reply #27 on: November 12, 2014, 04:42:25 PM »

It's like Chip teached me. Ya lern mo' by readin' than writin'

DH

ps: Hillbilly Punc'ation Cheker Enguaged

grc

• 10K CVO Member
  • AKA Grouchy Old Fart
    • IN

« Reply #28 on: November 12, 2014, 04:44:16 PM »

Jerry, my post was made with my tongue firmly planted in my cheek! If you want a low maintenance performance bike Harley would have to be pretty low on the list, even the V rod is no match for a 200 HP R1 that can be had for less than 15k. I have a love for all things mechanical. I would hope that you would expect a little ridicule posting on a sight the caters to a certain crowd and you post that you are switching to another brand. And yes, I wave to everyone and am a card carrying Bow tie member, but that doesn't mean I can't appreciate a GT 500 or a Hellcat. Your last point is spot on though, I have no socially redeeming qualities. :)

The last part of my post wasn't directed at you btw, but rather some of the others who couldn't resist getting a little chitty with the man.  As for your socially redeeming qualities, like I said, we can at least try to find one.  ;D   Who knows, maybe we can convince you to try a new Ford truck, just to redeem your soul.

Jerry ;)

charles05663

• 1K CVO Member
    • TX

• CVO1: FLTRSE3 - Petunia
« Reply #29 on: November 12, 2014, 05:12:23 PM »

You can only dream about your 1800 running half as well as that 1600, even after modifications.  That's the answer you would get to your post "over there", and it would be 100% accurate.

Jerry

Btw, I don't understand why some people on this and other "Harley" sites get so defensive and offensive when someone mentions the superiority of a different brand.  Of course I never have understood Harley riders that refuse to wave to or even acknowledge a Honda rider when they pass on the highway either.  You can be happy with and proud of what you drive or ride without being a complete asshole, if you know what I mean.  Hell, even Chevy fans must have at least one socially redeeming characteristic, if we search hard enough.

Heck, I even wave to mopeds.  Most of the time I get a silly stare back.  I have found when driving in states due south of me, they like to wave back with a single finger.

:oops: :nixweiss:
And he saith unto them, Follow me, and I will make you fishers of men.
Matthew 4:19

http://www.thefishermenministry.net/

Q:  What is the USA's number one export to China?
A:  Trash!  They loved our high quality trash. (not any longer).

Stolen technology and Jobs!
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5  All

Page created in 0.15 seconds with 21 queries.