Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 75 76 [77] 78 79 ... 99

Author Topic: I might be down, but I'm not out!  (Read 249955 times)

MAT

• 1K CVO Member
  • Ride baby ride

• CVO1: 2009 SEUC Ruby Red / Typhoon Maroon
Re: I might be down, but I'm not out!
« Reply #1140 on: December 24, 2012, 11:32:44 PM »

Merry Christmas to you Sam and Sue and your family.

JR

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • Be Still and Know that I AM God
    • TN

• CVO1: 2012 ULTRA FLHTCUSE7
    • CVO2: 2005 SEEG FLHTCSE2
    • CVO3: 2000 SERG FLTRSEI
    • photobucket.com
« Reply #1141 on: December 25, 2012, 06:00:29 AM »

Hey Sam! :drink: Prayed for you and Susie Q this wonderful morning as we celebrate the birth of Our Savior! Asked Him to give you a good day today. Love you Sam, God Bless! :2vrolijk_21:

:bananarock:

Fired00d

• Global Moderator
  • 25K CVO Member
  • Orange & Black SEEG... Can it get any better?
    • VA

• CVO1: FLHTCSE
« Reply #1142 on: December 25, 2012, 07:47:59 AM »

Chappy Merry Christmas to you and your family!!!! God Bless.

:pumpkin:
Ride Safe,
Fired00d
 :fireman:
:pumpkin: 2004 Screamin’ Eagle Electra Glide :pumpkin:
Rinehart True Duals
SE Breather
SE Race Tuner
HogTunes Speakers
Zippers 575 Gear Drive Cams
Zippers Pro-Tapered Adjustable Push Rods
Zippers Oil Pressure Bypass Shim
Feuling Oil Pump
Feuling Lifters
Zumo 550 W/Flame Caps
Lyndall Z+ Brake Pads
CVOHarley Member #1234
PGR Member #754 (Since '05)
Proud Member EBCM #2.0

Chains

• 5k CVO Member
  • 2006 FLHTCUSE
    • FL

« Reply #1143 on: December 25, 2012, 11:56:30 AM »

Merry Christmas and have the best new year ever!
Please understand and know and always remember, no matter what goes on during ride for Sue and me, we both are indebted to the family that you all have become!!! Thank you for caring so much and being there. Also thanks for the phone calls, cards, e-mails and posts.
I have the plan to post ever day, sorry I haven't carried out my plan. I get up later each day it seems and I'm off to bed pretty early. If I play my cards right I will sleep my way right thru the winter so I'll be plenty rested for a nice warm spring ride.
For all you folks that are still riding, be safe out there!
I love and miss you guys
Thanks again
Sam aka. Chappy

Merry Christmas Sue, give Sam a big hug for me.

Love you guys.

Chains
2009 FLHTCUSE
12 inch Monkey bars
Stage one kit
Fullsac SS titanium coated DX dual pipe
Kuryakyn 4 inch Mellow Crushers
Color Matched Bushtec Turbo 2
1st Active member of the CVO Critter Gawkers Society

BUCKNUT GREG

• BUCKNUT
  • 1K CVO Member
    • OH

« Reply #1144 on: December 25, 2012, 02:14:51 PM »

Merry Christmas and have the best new year ever!
Please understand and know and always remember, no matter what goes on during ride for Sue and me, we both are indebted to the family that you all have become!!! Thank you for caring so much and being there. Also thanks for the phone calls, cards, e-mails and posts.
I have the plan to post ever day, sorry I haven't carried out my plan. I get up later each day it seems and I'm off to bed pretty early. If I play my cards right I will sleep my way right thru the winter so I'll be plenty rested for a nice warm spring ride.
For all you folks that are still riding, be safe out there!
I love and miss you guys
Thanks again
Sam aka. Chappy

Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year
Wishing the both of you a Great New Year.

Greg

MIKEYTEE

• 5k CVO Member
  • aka. Uncle Mikey! Mikeytee for Burbon Judge and
    • SC

• CVO1: 1999 ROADGLIDE Ultra SOLD
« Reply #1145 on: December 26, 2012, 10:48:21 AM »

Sam and Sue,
Susie and I hope your Christmas was joyful and surrounded by family. Wishing you a glorious New Year!
Praying for both of you and hope your riding season comes quickly. Good Lord willing we will get to ride together this coming year.
Love you both and God Bless,
Mike
 :drink:
Co-Founder /National Board Member/ Zen Master of CVO Harley Pondering,Hankering, & Moseying Society with all Honors, Rights and Accolades.

Charter Member CVO Harley Critter Gawking Society
Charter Member Husband Saints Society. We have Lucky Wives!
I saw the worlds largest ball of string in Cawker City, Kansas

longlast

• 2.5K CVO Member

« Reply #1146 on: January 09, 2013, 06:14:06 PM »

Sam and Sue

My name's Pete I've gone through the 70 some odd threads and my wife's and my hart and priers
go out across the waves to you from London England

Keep your chin up and all the best for the coming year

Pete & Twyla

MIKEYTEE

• 5k CVO Member
    • SC

« Reply #1147 on: January 27, 2013, 08:46:29 PM »

Sam and Sue,
Just sitting here thinking of the two of you. Praying that you are doing well.
Love Ya,
Mike
Co-Founder /National Board Member/ Zen Master of CVO Harley Pondering,Hankering, & Moseying Society with all Honors, Rights and Accolades.

Chains

• 5k CVO Member
  • 2006 FLHTCUSE
    • FL

« Reply #1148 on: January 28, 2013, 02:55:45 PM »

Sam and Sue,
Just sitting here thinking of the two of you. Praying that you are doing well.
Love Ya,
Mike
X2
2009 FLHTCUSE
12 inch Monkey bars
Stage one kit
Fullsac SS titanium coated DX dual pipe
Kuryakyn 4 inch Mellow Crushers
Color Matched Bushtec Turbo 2
1st Active member of the CVO Critter Gawkers Society

martys

• 5k CVO Member
    • ON

• CVO1: 2000 Triple Red SE Road Glide
« Reply #1149 on: February 05, 2013, 11:34:35 PM »

Hi Sam,  Just letting you know you are always in our thoughts and prayers, and I hope things are as good as can be for You and Sue, in your journey .

Marty & Diane
Here in Canada we have four seasons Spring, Summer, Fall, and New Chrome

chappy

• Senior CVO Member
« Reply #1150 on: February 11, 2013, 09:10:45 PM »

Page 1of 3

Hello Friends and Family,

I am sure sorry that I haven't sent along a continueing reply post before now. With a brief reason/excuse (excuse= a reason that doesn't quite cut it!), anyway, I'll attempt that in a moment, but first let allow me to say this, today just might be the day that I have placed my foot on the bottom rung of the ladder that will lead me out of the ditch I stumbled into sometime last October. Simply said, I have been very sick with ALL the usual things and a few things that I'm glad to say have not been the norm for me. One thing I do know for sure, the bumpy road that I have been riding has a deep ditch on the side and I did fall into it. I'm glad to say and hope I'm right to say, I finally hit the bottom and found the ladder. I'm not sure how many rungs there is but what I'd like to say the loudest is, There Is A Ditch On Both Sides Of The Road!! Have you noticed that road speed limits are OK, but, to know the limit of your own ability is better yet. Kind of funny, but as I once again wonder into my in the wind memories, I recall having the whole two lanes of road ahead of me on a nice twisty byway that had a speed suggestion sign of 35 MPH. But I had my own, edited, new and improved version that clearly was say maybe double that. Cutting my grove, man what a blast. Then all of a sudden, I ran out of road, or maybe I should say, I ran out of pavement. I could see ot coming too! You know that white line on the right side of your lane? Well, it really is your friend. In a quite way that white line speaks to a sort of bubbley somewhere near the center of your gut. It seems that the faster you go and the twistier the twists and the narrower the right side of the white line pavement is the louder the voice in the gut center lets you know that dirt, grass and trees are only inches away. Yup, white knuckles ahead! The Dragon comes to mind many other roads too. I'd rather be running out of road at 70 plus MPH than piloting this recliner as the snow piles up on the other side of window. Have I ever told you guys how much I prefer riding season over winter in NH?

Sam

« Last Edit: February 11, 2013, 09:14:34 PM by chappy »
Ps 118:8

chappy

• Senior CVO Member
« Reply #1151 on: February 11, 2013, 09:12:28 PM »

Page 2 of 3

Yup, I've been pretty sick and with the seasonal change that comes with this Northern New England October, I was pretty sick but still couldn't be sure if I had a cold or a flu bug coming on or if I had a recurring chest and or sinus infection brewing again. But mostly Sue and I was hoping that this demon Thymic carcinoma cancer was rearing it's ugly head for another one of the cycles to the next level again.

I still remember like yesterday how much I wanted to put on as many late season miles as I could on my 2003 Ultra Classic Harley. My goal was to turn the odometer reading over 100,000 miles, but missed it by a mere 300 miles. The 800 pound two wheeled beast has become a bit much for me. Not only for me to ride two up, but even solo, especially with my legs that have become weaker than I can ever remember. You'ld have to smile and maybe laugh while seeing me get on the old Tuna Boat. Just lifting her off the jiffystand was no small feat. Last May when I bought my brand new 2012 Harley Triglide (mid-night rainbow) because I thought it might be the best way that Sue and I would add many more enjoyable miles in the wind like we have for just shy of forty years together. We managed to clock over 3500 miles during the five month riding season in the mountain and lakes region of New Hampshire, Vermont, New York and Mass. We failed to pull off any 10,000+ miles road trips that were the highlight of our riding season.

Well, Back to a point, humm, oh, yup..before I forget. Sutent... I think I stated in my earlier post, but may by not. Anyway, Last October I was sick enough to think that the trial med Sutent might be worth a try. So, I proceeded with Sutent at the Vermont Veterans Hospital. My dose was 50mg, that seems to be the normal dose to start at and also had the normal plan of one pill a day for 28 days followed by 14 days without the med and repeating again the same. Well, like I said above, in October I was sick, very sick. So my Onc Doc gave me a heavy duty five day anti-biotic followed with a fourteen day lesser anti-biotic. That put me into November and I was still pretty sick. My plan was to wait until after Thanksgiving to start the Sutent with the hope that I'd be finished with my the sickness that I had been fighting. part of that same plan was that I wouldn't have Sutent side-effects if I were to get any at all. A great plan, even if I say so myself! lol But My great plan falled. I was still sick and didn't feel Any better by Thanksgiving, so Sue went to have Thanksgiving at my son's home with him, Amy and their four boys and my daughter Sarah and her two boys went there as well. A full house to say the least. I was home in bed all that day, right where I had been for going on weeks.

Because so much time had pasted I decided to start the Sutent the day after Thanksgiving even though I was still sick. My plan then was by starting the med then I would have my first 28 day cycle of Sutent before Christmas and the I hopefully would feel better enough to spend time with my kids and grandkids for the Christmas and New Year week. Well, I didn't feel any better going into the first week of the med but Sue and I were still hopeing for the best. By the start of the second week I had so many mouth sores I couldn't count them all. It got so bad in just a couple of the following days I couldn't eat or drink and the sores that were more like razor blade cuts than typical round sores. Wow, did they hurt. Sue called my Onc Doc and he said come right up. It turned out, I had a new battle front to deal with, "Trush". I was given a couple of large bottles of stuff called swish and swallow. this med and I went home together. At least it didn't taste bad. The next day my lips and nostrils were cut up in the same way and bleeding too. My tongue and my throat were swollen as well. Oh, I was still sick too. lol The next day I had the same kind of razor cuts at the other end of my system as well. That same end hadn't even gotten over the weeks of diarrhea. A+D ointment and tucks became my flank while fighting that battle.

Sam

« Last Edit: February 11, 2013, 09:15:44 PM by chappy »

chappy

• Senior CVO Member
« Reply #1152 on: February 11, 2013, 09:13:23 PM »

Page 3 of 3

Yet I continued the Sutent and the swish and swallow at one end and maintained the fight at the other end into the third week without any improvement. By then even my gums between my teeth were just about gone as was most of the gums had reseeded especially along my back teeth. Just plain raw everywhere else in my mouth, nose and throat and yup, there too. My teeth started to hurt the way it feels when you have a loose tooth or a cracked filing.

So, on day 24 of 28 I made a decission, I stopped my Sutent. Slowly the Trush went away and my gums and elsewhere got to feeling better except my teeth felt like they were shifting and moving and were slightly removed from where they normally sat. Even now my gums are reseeded and raw and hurt especially when I brush my teeth, my teeth now feel even more out of place and more loose too. I had to have my #15 tooth removed because infection had set in and caused great pain in my left jaw at the hinge. I am amazed to now remember how big molers are, wow! A big hole too!!
I think this is the first I have written since early December to any body, so I think I found the ladder and am now finally climbing upward and am on the mend.

I can say for sure, I won't be taking any more Sutent. Sad to say, but it was my last hope from the medical realm to claim a victory. But, as I have said so many times before, "It's better to trust in The Lord, than to have confidence in man!". I got a cold and calaus phone call from a lady that simply said, "The tumor board at the Veteran's Hospital has ruled out any more surgery, chemo or radiation treatment for you, have a nice day!".
I can get pain meds and anti-biotics, as well as meds for vertigo, nausea and sleep and such. But, the good news is I'm at 39 months since my surgery and best yet, it's only a few months till I can start up my three wheeled bundle of joy and get off this fold-em-up reclining chair.

Best to all of you from Sue and I
Til the rides
Sam
« Last Edit: February 11, 2013, 09:16:23 PM by chappy »

LovemyCVOgirl

• Four wheels move the body.... Two wheels move the soul.
  • 2.5K CVO Member
  • Give me a switchback any day!

• CVO1: 2012 FLHXSE Ruby Red/Typhoon Maroon
    • CVO2: 2015 Toyota Tundra 4X4 SR5 TRD 5.7L V8
« Reply #1153 on: February 11, 2013, 09:30:02 PM »

Sam, sometimes with all the medical treatments we have and the highly trained physicians, there comes a time when we have to follow our heart and take a step back.  Trust your instincts and let God provide the wisdom.  You have a strong soul and you will beat this curse.  You hang in there and I will continue to send my prayers to you and your family.

Judy
Some days you're a bug, some days you're a windshield.

MIKEYTEE

• 5k CVO Member
    • SC

« Reply #1154 on: February 11, 2013, 11:46:09 PM »

Sam as always,it is good to read your posts. You never cease to amaze me with your way with words. You have a special way of making others feel good even when the news isn't always the best. What I do see in your posts is your moving forward at the best pace you can muster.  Your courage and strength are admired by many.
I continue to lift you and Sue up in prayer everyday.
I hope and pray we will get to see and ride with you this year.
Love to you and Sue.
Mike

Pages: 1 ... 75 76 [77] 78 79 ... 99

Page created in 0.239 seconds with 21 queries.