Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 35 36 [37] 38 39 ... 99

Author Topic: I might be down, but I'm not out!  (Read 249857 times)

spydglide

• 10K CVO Member
  • spyder-psychle
Re: I might be down, but I'm not out!
« Reply #540 on: January 22, 2011, 08:13:30 AM »

What a wonderful thing it was this morning to read your message Chappy.  I'm doubling up on my prayers for you as a result. :2vrolijk_21:  spyder
2004 FLHTCSE Cobalt 'Huckleberry'  .....94K+mi.     &  1994 FLSTN 'OleGranny' .....116K+mi.

MIKEYTEE

• 5k CVO Member
  • aka. Uncle Mikey! Mikeytee for Burbon Judge and
    • SC

• CVO1: 1999 ROADGLIDE Ultra SOLD
« Reply #541 on: January 22, 2011, 10:57:41 AM »

Sam,
Thanks for the update. Prayer is a wonderful thing and when it comes from the heart from so many friends, it can only work better. Rest up my friend, will talk to you soon.
God Bless,
Mike
« Last Edit: January 22, 2011, 12:49:19 PM by MIKEYTEE »
Co-Founder /National Board Member/ Zen Master of CVO Harley Pondering,Hankering, & Moseying Society with all Honors, Rights and Accolades.

Charter Member CVO Harley Critter Gawking Society
Charter Member Husband Saints Society. We have Lucky Wives!
I saw the worlds largest ball of string in Cawker City, Kansas

yellow103

• 2005 Electra Glide SE
  • Full CVO Member
  • 2005 SEEG2
« Reply #542 on: January 22, 2011, 12:03:39 PM »

Chappy, I know we have never met, but have been following this since your first post. and like everyone else on here, have been sending up healing prayers daily. There is power in prayer, where two or more come together in agreement. Stay strong, stay postive, give no room to the Devil, that he may gloat. God Bless you and your wife. Keep on Keeping on brother...
2005 Screaming Eagle Electra Glide
Screaming Eagle 6 speed W/21 tooth primary drive
SE Race Tuner
Rhinehart Tru Dual
Traxxion Front Supension
Rear Sway Control
King Tour Pak
Panacea LED Light's front/rear
Heated Grips
LED trunk spoiler

Chains

• 5k CVO Member
  • 2006 FLHTCUSE
    • FL

« Reply #543 on: January 22, 2011, 08:12:59 PM »

Sam. great to see your up and on the site, keep up the positve attitude, we will keep the prayers going and we all will get together again soon.
2009 FLHTCUSE
12 inch Monkey bars
Stage one kit
Fullsac SS titanium coated DX dual pipe
Kuryakyn 4 inch Mellow Crushers
Color Matched Bushtec Turbo 2
1st Active member of the CVO Critter Gawkers Society

Gettinold

• 5k CVO Member
  • SOMEWHERE NORTH OF HEAVEN WHERE EAGLES DONT FLY
« Reply #544 on: January 22, 2011, 09:12:20 PM »

Sam it's good to hear from you.  :2vrolijk_21:   
            Dave
09 FLTRSE3   ORG & BLK
06 VRSCSE2    ORG & BLK
04 FLHTCSE   ORG & BLK    SOLD
94 FXSTS      CUSTOM

martys

• 5k CVO Member
    • ON

• CVO1: 2000 Triple Red SE Road Glide
« Reply #545 on: January 25, 2011, 02:53:08 PM »

Good afternoon Sam :
      You were in my thoughts this afternoon so I thought I would just send you a note to say hello.  I hope all is well with Sue and Yourself and the family.  55 days till spring my freind  :2vrolijk_21: we'll be riding before we know it  :pepper:  till then, stay well.  :2vrolijk_21:

Marty
Here in Canada we have four seasons Spring, Summer, Fall, and New Chrome

2018_FLTRXSE

• 1K CVO Member
  • Wait 6 months?... YES it was worth the wait!
    • HI

• CVO1: 2018_FLTRXSE, Gunship Grey, (Delivered July 28, 2018... after almost 9 )
    • CVO2: 2001_FLTRSEI, Grey/Black/Silver w/Hannigan Hack and a blast to ride.
    • CVO3: 2012_FLTRXSE, Maple/Black (Delivered 1/20/2012 - Traded 10/25/2017)
« Reply #546 on: January 25, 2011, 06:51:30 PM »

Sam, it is ever so inspiring to read your updates...

Our thoughts and prayers are with both you and Sue in this most difficult time....

Hang tough dude....  :apple:

No more Hawaii HOG Rally... ask HOG why...

onebadtk

• DESTINATION UNKNOWN
« Reply #547 on: January 25, 2011, 07:56:41 PM »

very sorry to hear such news stay strong ,fight hard bro you and your family are for sure in our thoughts and prayers  .

chappy

• Senior CVO Member
« Reply #548 on: January 26, 2011, 03:28:34 AM »

Thanks Guys,  Today came slowly but then again it was swept away in a moment.
Sue and I hussled to get there on time for out Tuesday morning appointments.
First one, I met with a councilor, when over the some of the feeling I've been having, they assured me it was the chemo that causes this type of side effect. Also talked about depression and how much is to be expected, ect ect. She gave me some good advice. Her closing coment was, "keep your chin up". So, I asked her if she want to see how positive I have been with this whole thing from the start. She said yes, so O took out my wallet and folded it open and laying there waiting to do something was my comb. For those that haven seen me lately, I'm balder than a bowling ball. If my Feb 7, 8 & 9 are my last chemo treatments than the first week of March will be the slow start of putting riding eason together again.  :2vrolijk_21:
Then, blood draw. I think my next tattoo will be a dart board with the bulls eye right where the needle is supose to go. No more reasons to miss. lol
My next appointment was with a Doc I have never met, his first words to me were, "Why do they what you to see me?"
Man, that does not cause me to believe he has ever read the book, "How To Win Friends And Inflemce People"
He aked many questions but didn't let me finish an answer even once. So, I gave him my answers only for as long as he was quit. As soon as he stated to speak again, I stopped taking. It's less stressful that way, The Doc won't be so stressed out when he lives for the day. What a wingnut!!
last but not least, I'm a bit bummed. I have an O2 guy coming to my house to set me with for o2. I'll try, but, this ol boy ain't going to be tither to anything. Least way not for now.

Well, 03:15, I giues I have to try to hit the hay
Good night my friends
I'm ridding in March

your friend and brother
Sam  aka  chappy
« Last Edit: January 26, 2011, 03:33:59 AM by chappy »
Ps 118:8

Talon

• Life is like a jar of jalapenos, what you do today may get you in the a$$ tomorrow!
  • 2.5K CVO Member
« Reply #549 on: January 26, 2011, 08:11:43 AM »

I know it's tough when you feel like you do, but like she said, keep your chin up. You and Sue are an inspiration to me. Everytime I get upset by something I think of you guys and then about what was upsetting me, it then becomes very trivial. You just hang in there, we're thinking of you every day!

Craig

MIKEYTEE

• 5k CVO Member
    • SC

« Reply #550 on: January 26, 2011, 09:24:46 AM »

You, my friend have had your chin up for so long it thinks it belongs on your forehead!
Keep it there, it makes you look good!
God Bless My Friend,
Mike
Co-Founder /National Board Member/ Zen Master of CVO Harley Pondering,Hankering, & Moseying Society with all Honors, Rights and Accolades.

chappy

• Senior CVO Member
« Reply #551 on: January 26, 2011, 11:58:04 AM »

You, my friend have had your chin up for so long it thinks it belongs on your forehead!
Keep it there, it makes you look good!
God Bless My Friend,
Mike

Wow, Mikey, if my chin is on my forehead, that would make my nose a hood scoop on a specially designed chappy head cap with periscope sunscrean glasses, for those long and fast rides in the hills. I bet that would look pretty cool. Piture both nostrols flaired wide open, dust blowen off my shoulders big grin where my hair line would be, if I had hair. I bet I'd just have to put a screen on my nose so the bugs wouldn't get ramed down my throat.
I better stop dwelling on that thought, I started to think why it could get embarrassing if I loosened my belt bucket at the dinner table.  whoops!!  lol Man, I couldn't call those longest rides, Iron Butt rides any more either, well that might not be so bad I guess.

Thanks for the smile brother

chappy
« Last Edit: January 26, 2011, 11:59:54 AM by chappy »
Ps 118:8

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
  • EBCM #1.5 Emeritus DSP # ? Critter Gawker #?
    • MO

• CVO1: 2000 Triple Red Screamin' Eagle Road Glide
    • CVO2: 2002 Candy Brandywine Screamin' Eagle Road King
    • CVO3: 1999 Arresting Red FXR2
« Reply #552 on: January 26, 2011, 12:58:29 PM »

Wow, Mikey, if my chin is on my forehead, that would make my nose a hood scoop on a specially designed chappy head cap with periscope sunscrean glasses, for those long and fast rides in the hills. I bet that would look pretty cool.

But.....  You couldn't go to Maggie Valley anymore.  It always rains during Maggie Valley.  And in the rain you'd drown :o !

MIKEYTEE

• 5k CVO Member
    • SC

« Reply #553 on: January 26, 2011, 01:55:09 PM »

Wow, Mikey, if my chin is on my forehead, that would make my nose a hood scoop on a specially designed chappy head cap with periscope sunscrean glasses, for those long and fast rides in the hills. I bet that would look pretty cool. Piture both nostrols flaired wide open, dust blowen off my shoulders big grin where my hair line would be, if I had hair. I bet I'd just have to put a screen on my nose so the bugs wouldn't get ramed down my throat.
I better stop dwelling on that thought, I started to think why it could get embarrassing if I loosened my belt bucket at the dinner table.  whoops!!  lol Man, I couldn't call those longest rides, Iron Butt rides any more either, well that might not be so bad I guess.

Thanks for the smile brother

chappy

Smile? I'm LMAO at the picture now embedded in my mind, or what's left of it! ( The mind that is )
You can still ride in MV, you just need a clothespin on your nose. ;) See you there my friend.
Mike

Chains

• 5k CVO Member
  • 2006 FLHTCUSE
    • FL

« Reply #554 on: January 26, 2011, 07:45:15 PM »

Sam, you now look like Marty?  Thats cool cause you both are great guys, cannot wait till we all get together again.  Prayers on the way tonight as always, still tying to get the chin on the forehead vision out of my head.  Take care my brother.
2009 FLHTCUSE
12 inch Monkey bars
Stage one kit
Fullsac SS titanium coated DX dual pipe
Kuryakyn 4 inch Mellow Crushers
Color Matched Bushtec Turbo 2
1st Active member of the CVO Critter Gawkers Society
Pages: 1 ... 35 36 [37] 38 39 ... 99

Page created in 0.438 seconds with 21 queries.