Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Author Topic: 2018 CVO Street Glide lid speakers  (Read 6075 times)

Cvostu

• 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: 2023 Whiskey Neat road glide custom
    • CVO2: 2019 Mako Shark Fade road glide custom
Re: 2018 CVO Street Glide lid speakers
« Reply #15 on: February 07, 2019, 10:48:31 PM »

I'm on a 19 CVO road glide. So far, and I can't believe it, I am really impressed with the stock system. Sounds great to me and lots of bass coming from the bags.  So far so good. 😊.   Stuart.

rayson56

• 1K CVO Member
  • Life's a journey not a destination.
    • WA

• CVO1: 2018 FLTRXSE Black Earth/Vivid Black (Sold)
    • CVO2: 2011 FLHXSE2 Black Diamond (Traded)
    • CVO3: 2007 FXDSE Red (Sold)
Re: 2018 CVO Street Glide lid speakers
« Reply #16 on: February 08, 2019, 02:39:29 PM »

Let me start by saying that by no means am I an expert in the field of electronics or stereos for that matter, but I hope this helps.
Since the design and quality of these Boom II systems are less than stellar and there is no protective circuitry to assist us, we can be our own worst enemies when it comes to blowing these things up. I believe what is happening for some, other than Harleys vendors building a sub par product is something called "clipping" that can be avoided with a few simple tweaks. It is possible and very probable that our systems settings are set by some of us such that they are making our stereos work outside of what I'll call their comfort zones. When you guys get a chance, take a minute and go out to your bikes, in you garage, and check your audio settings. Your bass and treble settings should NOT be at 11! The center of each level indicates "flat" or no + or - gain. That is your default setting. Give your various sources a listen at that setting for both bass and treble up to a pretty good, say 1/2 to 3/4 volume. Then you can adjust each of those settings a little and to your liking. Try not to go more than a couple of clicks right of center for your bass and maybe as many as 4 for the treble. Also keep your AVC (automatic volume control) set no higher than 2 or 3. Then check max volume on each of your sources (AM, FM, CD, USB, Bluetooth, etc.) and make a mental note of how high you can go before you here distortion. That point of distortion is where you'll start breaking things.
Again with no protective circuitry you can accidentally over drive these systems very easily and break things. Ever turn your car stereo up so loud that it gets to a certain volume and won't get any louder but the knob keeps turning? That's protective circuitry! With our ears either being exposed to the wind at 80 mph or covered with a 3/4 or full faced helmet, it's really hard to tell if our systems are being overdriven to the point of distortion.
I'm not saying that Harley in this case is not to blame but.... just because you can't hear that favorite song of yours distort from overdriving your system doesn't mean that it's not.

Hope this helps.

As a side note if anyone notices that the woofer portion of one of your Boom II saddlebag speakers has blown, you can open up your saddlebag lid and unplug just the woofer part of that speaker until you can replace it. You can then enjoy your stereo without that annoying sound of a broken speaker.
2010 Dyna Wide Glide
2021 GW Bagger
2018 SERG (Sold)
2011 SESG (Traded)
2007 Dyna Wide Glide CVO (Sold)
2010 Night Rod Special
2007 full custom road king
2006 big dog mastiff
2000 big dog pro 18
1999 big dog pro sport
1991 fxrs full custom
1984 v65 magna
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Page created in 0.13 seconds with 24 queries.