Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Author Topic: Clean pipes?  (Read 8830 times)

110tHunDer

• 10K CVO Member
Re: Clean pipes?
« Reply #15 on: November 06, 2006, 01:48:21 PM »

Hey, tommyo, have you tried the SOS pad (or other solutions) yet?

RJ749

• SEEG Cult Newbie
  • 10K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2006 FLHTCUSE
    • CVO2: 2005 FLHTCSE
    • CVO3: 2002 FXDWG3
« Reply #16 on: November 06, 2006, 01:57:37 PM »

Greetings, All, (My first post) I use Never Dull on cold pipes. It may take a few times for it to come off completely, however it has always worked for me. ;)

Welcome aboard Glideman, glad to have you here. [smiley=xyxthumbs.gif]

tommyo

• Throttles on the right!
  • Full CVO Member

• CVO1: FLHXSE2
« Reply #17 on: November 07, 2006, 08:59:54 PM »

Hey, tommyo, have you tried the SOS pad (or other solutions) yet?

No I hav'nt tried anything yet. Been busy workin' and have been busy selling the Road King (finally)! There has been a lot of good ideas. I have some 3M adhesive remover I was going to try. Still kinda scared about the sos. That will be my next choice.
When in doubt... GAS it!!!

Starting over!!

hogasm

« Reply #18 on: November 07, 2006, 09:14:27 PM »

No I hav'nt tried anything yet. Been busy workin' and have been busy selling the Road King (finally)! There has been a lot of good ideas. I have some 3M adhesive remover I was going to try. Still kinda scared about the sos. That will be my next choice.

Don't be afraid of the SOS pad. I was at first, and was supprised at the outcome.

Garznhogs

• Elite CVO Member
  • $$$ heals all

• CVO1: 2004 SEEG
« Reply #19 on: November 08, 2006, 08:32:32 PM »

Wife seems to enjoy melting her heel on her pipes, and let 'em bake on real good. :-/  I use a heat gun and a piece of hard plastic; heat up the mark, then use the edge of the plastic to scrape it off.  Plastic gets a little soft... just use another edge.

But recently I had a cigar lighter in hand (wonder why) and, being too lazy to get the heat gun hooked up, hit the mark with the flame.  Wow, softened it up and I scraped it off with my fingernail!  I didn't 'blast' the mark, just waved the flame over it little by little.  Yes, I burned my finger, thank you very much. :-[ Shoulda used the plastic.  Flames and gas tanks... gotta love it! :D
Garz
Ness Big Sucker, SuperTrapp 2:1, SERT, Dyno by Cycle-Rama = 107 hp, 108.5 tq. And that's all I need. Oh, wait... a working radio would be nice.

tommyo

• Throttles on the right!
  • Full CVO Member

• CVO1: FLHXSE2
« Reply #20 on: November 08, 2006, 10:38:12 PM »

Wife seems to enjoy melting her heel on her pipes, and let 'em bake on real good. :-/
When in doubt... GAS it!!!

Starting over!!

SEULTRA

• 1K CVO Member
  • It's all about riding ...
« Reply #21 on: November 08, 2006, 10:59:22 PM »

Wife seems to enjoy melting her heel on her pipes, and let 'em bake on real good. :-/  I use a heat gun and a piece of hard plastic; heat up the mark, then use the edge of the plastic to scrape it off.  Plastic gets a little soft... just use another edge.

But recently I had a cigar lighter in hand (wonder why) and, being too lazy to get the heat gun hooked up, hit the mark with the flame.  Wow, softened it up and I scraped it off with my fingernail!  I didn't 'blast' the mark, just waved the flame over it little by little.  Yes, I burned my finger, thank you very much. :-[ Shoulda used the plastic.  Flames and gas tanks... gotta love it! :D
Garz

All sounds so painful!! I wait for the pipes to cool and use "Goof Off" on a clean soft rag. Turn the rag frequently putting more Goof Off on it and let the solvent do the work. Good stuff and ya don't get burnt or blown up!  [smiley=xyxthumbs.gif] ;)

cigarmike

« Reply #22 on: November 09, 2006, 12:13:02 AM »

Wife seems to enjoy melting her heel on her pipes, and let 'em bake on real good. :-/

« Last Edit: February 10, 2007, 09:51:56 AM by Mike L »

hd-dude

• Global Moderator
  • 5k CVO Member
  • 2005 Cherry FLHTCSE2 "Obsession"

• CVO1: 05 FLHTCSE2
    • Metal Dragon
« Reply #23 on: November 09, 2006, 12:25:43 AM »

Geez, dont you guys break your wifes in properly?? When I got my new bike, I made Laurie ride barefoot UNTILL she learned the pipes were off limits.

[smiley=huepfenlol2.gif]Your on a roll tonight Mike! [smiley=huepfenlol2.gif]

cigarmike

« Reply #24 on: November 10, 2006, 11:14:11 AM »

Just dont tell my wife I said this Jim, or I will be on a roll out the door,  :-?

hd-dude

• Global Moderator
  • 5k CVO Member
  • 2005 Cherry FLHTCSE2 "Obsession"

• CVO1: 05 FLHTCSE2
    • Metal Dragon
« Reply #25 on: November 10, 2006, 02:06:13 PM »

Just dont tell my wife I said this Jim, or I will be on a roll out the door,

skyglide

• 1K CVO Member

• CVO1: FLHXSE (concord)
« Reply #26 on: November 14, 2006, 09:18:46 AM »

Road Rub chrome cleaning stick is the name of product. http://www.roadrub.com Comes in a dry roll out stick. Just rub on chrome that has burnt plastic,bugs,tar,boot scuffs and adhesive and mark just disapears.This stuff is great two [smiley=xyxthumbs.gif] got this at local stealer.

hogheritage04

• Senior CVO Member
  • It's not the destination, but rather the journey
    • CA

• CVO1: 2016 FLTRUSE
« Reply #27 on: November 14, 2006, 03:27:52 PM »

I've used easy off oven cleaner in the past.  If you want to prevent this in the future, look at the Kuryakyn adjustable highway peg for the passenger.  This actually also acts as a foot guard to keep the boot away from the pipe.  Since I've put these on, not a single burn spot. [smiley=banana.gif]
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Page created in 0.149 seconds with 25 queries.