CVO Technical > Trailers / toyhaulers

bike trailers question

<< < (3/3)

smkymtnboy:
  rather than making a new thread on this hoping to revive this one for a little while. wife says sturgis next year is in the motorhome 40 ft. so, need a trailer or maybe use the car hauler i have. any thoughts there? reading here a couple of you say u can stagger bikes to fit in a 7x14 or 7x16 enclosed trailer. two bikes flhtcuse5 and flhtcuse6 both ultras. i would or could buy a bigger trailer than 7x16 but i would rather hold down the size especially length. with a 16 ft trailer that puts me at about 62 ft. which is fine til you get to the campground and the sites are two short. which brings me to the next question who has been to a campground in sturgis that has enough length. i am told days end has long sites. thanks for any advice.

tpcrawford:
We have a 7 x 16 V-Nose and are able to put a CVO Limited and a CVO Deluxe in.  One behind the other.  Much better setup instead of staggering bikes in the trailer.

-Tim

smkymtnboy:

--- Quote from: tpcrawford on August 19, 2022, 08:04:41 AM ---We have a 7 x 16 V-Nose and are able to put a CVO Limited and a CVO Deluxe in.  One behind the other.  Much better setup instead of staggering bikes in the trailer.

-Tim

--- End quote ---
i am sure mine would need to be staggered. bikes are 8ft 2.5in long

ChopperPilot:
Sounds like a solution I will try as well, thanks!

Dan_Lockwood:
I have a '13 Keystone Raptor with a 12' garage.  It has the normal welded in tie downs, but I've mounted two Biker Bars in mine.  Since the plywood floor "seemed" a bit on the light side, but still 3/4", I added angle iron from the two outside frame "I" beams to the center "C" channel.  The angle iron was about 1/4" away from the plywood floor as it was on the lips of the "I" beam and center "C" channel.  The two 1/4" plates for the Biker Bars were sandwiched between the plywood and the angle iron cross bracing.

I've hauled both my FLH and SERG at the same time and have no bouncing or moving issues.  I found that with just a little snip on the bottom pan of my Honda Helix 250cc, my Biker Bar will clamp to the Honda's frame just like the Harley.  Now that I've sold my '76 Shovelhead, my Honda and SERG fit perfectly together in the garage.

B&W say that anything strong enough for a tie down is strong enough for their Biker Bar.

My vote will always be for the Biker Bar!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version