CVO Technical > Trailers / toyhaulers

bike trailers question

<< < (2/3) > >>

CVODON:
Biker Bars do not work well in motorcycle trailers due to plywood floor not being strong enough to support the complete 900# weight of the bike in one spot. You would need to do some major floor reinforcement to make this a viable solution.
Safety First. Towing a million miles without incident does not make it correct. One small accident and bike flying thru side of trailer where plywood failed is all it takes

JCZ:

--- Quote from: CVODON on October 05, 2021, 08:56:03 AM ---Biker Bars do not work well in motorcycle trailers due to plywood floor not being strong enough to support the complete 900# weight of the bike in one spot. You would need to do some major floor reinforcement to make this a viable solution.
Safety First. Towing a million miles without incident does not make it correct. One small accident and bike flying thru side of trailer where plywood failed is all it takes

--- End quote ---

The plates that go under the trailer that the bike bar base plate bolts to are 4" square.  My toyhauler floor was 3/4" marine grade plywood.   Going to take much more than a 900 lb. motorcycle to pull those 4"x4" plates through the plywood floor.  Because the bike is upright and the full weight of the bike resting there's not much pull on the base plate. 

But if that were still a concern, a cross bar piece of angle iron under the frame of the trailer is a simple solution.

kevin_n:
I have a 7x14 enclosed trailer that I put 2 street glides in.

kojak:

--- Quote from: kevin_n on October 06, 2021, 09:38:14 PM ---I have a 7x14 enclosed trailer that I put 2 street glides in.

--- End quote ---
My vote as well, I use a vnose 7x14 and have towed 2 baggers several times over last 10 years in it. I used staggered condor trailer chocks.

kevin_n:

--- Quote from: kojak on October 11, 2021, 04:54:38 AM ---My vote as well, I use a vnose 7x14 and have towed 2 baggers several times over last 10 years in it. I used staggered condor trailer chocks.

--- End quote ---

I do the same thing. I put etrack on the floor for strapping them in, works great.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version