Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All

Author Topic: New to the Board  (Read 6781 times)

ccr

• SEEG Cult Senior Member
  • 5k CVO Member
Re: New to the Board
« Reply #30 on: March 04, 2007, 06:54:30 PM »

Might want to try out Orange HD service department.  Havn't heard as much bad about that department as most of the others in the Northern Virginia area.  Actually, if VAZHog is tuning in, I'd like to hear his opinion on the service from this shop.  I am having a hunch this is the shop that got one of our former members so angry that he left his bike and this forum altogether..........'

Not trying to spread doom and gloom, just saying really feel the zen from your service department.  I got a newbie on my brand new SEEG at it's first 1000 mile service and I was a few months without my new bike and a few thousand dollars getting it fixed at an indendents.  Not same shop.  Just a Beware heads up.  Know who you are working with.  Actually though, the service manager knows if their shop can do race tuner or the power commander well.  I truly believe the "want to do a good job."  Just if it isn't.......................................

Fired00d

• Global Moderator
  • 25K CVO Member
  • Orange & Black SEEG... Can it get any better?
    • VA

• CVO1: FLHTCSE
« Reply #31 on: March 04, 2007, 06:58:10 PM »

DT,
I do understand your situation. I only mention what I did earlier is because some dealers will owner warranty w/SERT added and some will not. Didn't want you to get a product installed one place and take it somewhere else for routine service/maint/warranty issues only to find out that you've added something that may jeopardize your warranty. If you can't talk to a mechanic ask the service manager what his mechanics are most proficient w/in tuning your bike (SERT/PCII/others). He should be able to tell you what they are best at, and you can decide from there. When I was speaking of them learning a new product on your scooter wasn't meaning a new mechanic more so then any mechanic (old or new) learning a new product on your bike. Good luck.

:pumpkin:
Ride Safe,
Fired00d
 :fireman:
:pumpkin: 2004 Screamin’ Eagle Electra Glide :pumpkin:
Rinehart True Duals
SE Breather
SE Race Tuner
HogTunes Speakers
Zippers 575 Gear Drive Cams
Zippers Pro-Tapered Adjustable Push Rods
Zippers Oil Pressure Bypass Shim
Feuling Oil Pump
Feuling Lifters
Zumo 550 W/Flame Caps
Lyndall Z+ Brake Pads
CVOHarley Member #1234
PGR Member #754 (Since '05)
Proud Member EBCM #2.0

Dawgtired

• Junior CVO Member
« Reply #32 on: March 04, 2007, 07:24:07 PM »

Mrs.WeCVO, thanks I too have been to Waugh's many times. Never had any problem with their service dpt. i have purchased 4 bikes from them over the years and they have been good to me. but I did bring a used bike in to them ( not purchased from them) and they told me I would be at the back of the list since I didn't purchase that bike from them. I guess I will have Whit's do the work for me since thats where I found my new CVO. Waugh's had sold out of all their CVO's.

Fired00d, I know what you mean, it just would be nice to talk to the guy who's doing the work. I was going to have a big bore kit put on the RK, no need now, LOL, and I talked to Zippers, Full House and Fairfax HD. Fairfax HD said they would not install a PCIII, only the SERT.  I think Whit's will stand behind what they install but I feel they prefer to stay with HD stuff. I will stop by and talk to them in the next couple of weeks.
BTW, nice looking bike you have. I like the Orange over Black of the 2004 better than the Black over Orange of the 2007. Hey maybe in a couple of years the 2007 will get new paint.

Cerdo

• Senior CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #33 on: March 04, 2007, 07:56:47 PM »

:carrot: :orange:

Love those colors, welcome to the site. Many, many, many ways and advice on how to spend all of your extra $$$$$$ here.  Ride safe and good luck with the new scoot!

Andy   :2vrolijk_21:
Andy

Ghost Rider

• 1K CVO Member
  • EBCM # WHORE

• CVO1: 2011 FLHXSE2 Kermit
    • CVO2: 2015 Victory Ness Magnum #31 of 299
    • CVO3: 2013 Can-Am Spyder RTS
« Reply #34 on: March 04, 2007, 10:26:49 PM »

Dawgtired,

Welcome to the family.  We're glad to have you with us.  Plenty of great information here.  You will certainly be ready to roll when your new ride get here.

Ride Safe,
Ghost

ronshood2000

• Full CVO Member

• CVO1: FLHRSE3
« Reply #35 on: March 05, 2007, 01:05:44 PM »

Welcome and enjoy the site. Lots of good stuff here.
Ron

d o g o l s

• 1K CVO Member
  • *** ride save and have fun***

• CVO1: blue Thunder FLHTCUSE-4
    • CVO2: FLHTCUSE-2 black-orange-Jester
    • CVO3: 2008 FXDB black
    • Harley Fan
« Reply #36 on: March 05, 2007, 01:30:48 PM »

welcome aboard Dawgtired   :2vrolijk_21:

:worthless:

ronshood2000

• Full CVO Member

• CVO1: FLHRSE3
« Reply #37 on: March 07, 2007, 01:29:15 PM »

Welcome Dawg.....cool name! :huepfenjump3:
Ron
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All

Page created in 0.16 seconds with 21 queries.