Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Stretched Bags for new CVO Black Hole  (Read 2058 times)

Road G

• www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • NJ

• CVO1: 2021 Road Glide Black Hole
Stretched Bags for new CVO Black Hole
« on: March 14, 2021, 04:53:44 PM »

Hey gang, first real post here. I just bought a new CVO (Black Hole) and one thing I did not realize till after I bought it was it did not have stretched bags. Yeah I know I’m an idiot, but honestly you really don’t even notice it in person and honestly the bike pops so much it is really not even that big a deal. I was looking at three bikes that night and that is how it kinda slipped by me, but it would not have been a deal breaker, I mean that is just crazy, I have heard people say that. It took me an hour to get out of the dealer because people outside were gathered around looking at it and talking with me.

So with that,  I thought about just adding my own, but want to keep the integrity of the paid job. I could just keep the lids and put on stretched bags, but my question is, how could I do it? Is there anyway to buy the decals? I assume they are decals? I mean honestly what would you do if it got wrecked and had to replace it? Certainly not the biggest deal, the bike looks great and the more I look at it I love it. I know it is overpriced and most people don’t like this model year, but man when you get it home and look at it, you really fall in love. My loves it, she made me buy it (True Story) She calls it my HOT BIKE.. Curious what you guys have to say. Thanks!

FLSTFI Dave

• IBA 69147
  • 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: 2023 FLTRXSE Whiskey Neat
    • CVO2: 2021 RA1250S Pan America Special
    • CVO3: 2003 Fatboy, 95"quot, S&ampS 570 gear drive cam
Re: Stretched Bags for new CVO Black Hole
« Reply #1 on: March 15, 2021, 06:51:11 AM »

Its the only CVO RG with out stretched bags.  I believe it was done to go for the performance bagger look that is popular on the west coast.

Talk to Joe at Xtreme dimension if you want extend color matched bags.  He is one of the very best at matching CVO paint.  You would just buy factory stretched bags in primer and have him paint.  http://www.xtremedimension.com

I think I would leave the black hole bike as it is, looks very good.

I really like this years CVO Road Glides, all three colors.
2023 FLTRXSE Whiskey Neat
2021 RA1250S Pan America Special
2019 FLTRXSE Red Pepper / Magnetic Gray Traded
2018 FLTRXSE Gunship Gray  Traded
2017 FLHXSE  Starfire Black / Atomic Red  Traded
2015 FLTRUSE Abyss Blue / Crushed Saphire Traded
2013 FLHRSE5 Diamond Dust 117  Traded
2012 FLTRXSE White Gold Pearl / Starfire Black  Traded
2009 FLTRSE3 Silver/Titanium  Traded
2003 Fatboy, real fire paint set,

Harrybeerbelly

• www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • OH

• CVO1: 2021 FLTRXSE
« Reply #2 on: March 17, 2021, 05:27:40 PM »

Yeah, i did the same thing.  I was perfectly happy with my MY18 Limited.  Wife and I decided to go the the dealer to look around.  Then there she was (Susan) a 21 Black Hole FLTRXSE.  She was so pretty I just couldn't help myself.  Purchased it on the spot.

When I got her home I noticed the bags were smaller.  At first I thought this sucks. Bags are even smaller with the amps and chit in there.  But I got over it real quick.  My girl looks awesome with the smaller bags.  I will add a four point dock to add a luggage rack for more storage.

Love this motorcycle!

Road G

• www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • NJ

« Reply #3 on: March 18, 2021, 07:19:10 PM »

Yeah man you are right, the more I look it at, the more I love it. I have 4.5 DBX’s coming, so it will look better with the fatty pipes. What did you do for exhaust if I can ask?

Road G

• www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • NJ

« Reply #4 on: March 18, 2021, 07:19:36 PM »

Yeah, i did the same thing.  I was perfectly happy with my MY18 Limited.  Wife and I decided to go the the dealer to look around.  Then there she was (Susan) a 21 Black Hole FLTRXSE.  She was so pretty I just couldn't help myself.  Purchased it on the spot.

When I got her home I noticed the bags were smaller.  At first I thought this sucks. Bags are even smaller with the amps and chit in there.  But I got over it real quick.  My girl looks awesome with the smaller bags.  I will add a four point dock to add a luggage rack for more storage.

Love this motorcycle!
Thanks for the advice!! This is what I was looking for.

Harrybeerbelly

• www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • OH

« Reply #5 on: March 19, 2021, 04:33:56 PM »

I purchased Rinehart 4.5 in black chrome.  Sould look and sound bad ass

Road G

• www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • NJ

« Reply #6 on: March 21, 2021, 05:19:50 PM »

I ordered the same pipes. Did you change the head pipe? I did on my 19 Standard. I did a stage 2 with a full 4.5DBX exhaust and sounded great. Not sure if I am going to tinker with this bike or not yet. Was it pretty simple to install the slip ons? last time I did it I could not get one of them off, then I could not get the clamp tight, kept sliding out. Man it was a PITA.

Harrybeerbelly

• www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • OH

« Reply #7 on: March 27, 2021, 01:37:43 PM »

No headpipe just the slipons.  Installed them myself, super easy.  Didnt even take a full beer.

I am going to stay with slipons to avoid any type of warranty issues.  I also think is sounds great the way it is.  Much better than stock.

Page created in 0.135 seconds with 21 queries.