Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: RWD RS-1 Shock Review  (Read 1182 times)

Fast FLHX

• Senior CVO Member

• CVO1: Kryptonite FLHXSE2 (Sold)
    • CVO2: 2014 CVO Limited (Sold)
    • CVO3: 2020 Smokey Grey/Black Hole FLHXSE
RWD RS-1 Shock Review
« on: June 30, 2021, 08:07:19 PM »

These shocks are on backorder everywhere you look.  I was able to get a hold of a blemished pair direct from RWD by calling them directly.  As you can see from the pictures I fail to see where the blemish is located -- they look to be in perfect shape to me.  Cost for a blemished pair was $850 shipped.  Great price.

Install was easy and straight forward.  Jack up the bike, remove the stock shocks, use the proper washers that are included, install bolts with blue loctite using the jack to line up the holes, lower the bike, measure sag without rider, sit on bike and measure sag with rider, make adjustments as necessary to achieve .5" of sag.  RWD sets the shocks up based on your weight when you order.  When I went to set the sag everything was already dialed in perfectly with .5" of sag with me sitting on the bike -- no need for additional adjustment.

One interesting point is that RWD supplies a small bracket for the bottom bolt on each shock that pushes the reservoir back away from the saddle bags when your torque the bottom bolt down.  Originally RWD didn't supply this bracket and as a result when the shock was under stress it would rotate slightly resulting in the reservoir rubbing the inside of the saddle bags.  This bracket solves that problem.

Now, onto what everyone wants to know.  The ride quality with these 13" shocks is leaps and bounds better than what is provided by the stock 12" shocks.  Riding around on Milwaukee's side roads and highways has been torture on the stock shocks.  These RS-1's smooth out the roads and take the bite out of pot holes and the large speed bumps that are prevalent on Wisconsin highways.  I'm very impressed with the quality of the ride.

Like most people I questioned whether a 13" shock could provide much improvement over the stock 12".  After installing these and taking them out for some riding on choppy roads I can tell you with absolute certainty that these shocks are worth the purchase.

Highly Recommended and easy install.

Page created in 0.234 seconds with 21 queries.