Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: CVO 2004 Electra Glide  (Read 2379 times)

Sycho1

• www.CVOHARLEY.com

CVO 2004 Electra Glide
« on: July 06, 2021, 06:13:42 AM »

Hi guys n girls from Australia

I know I’m a bit late to the party I have just bought myself a 1owner and new to me a CVO 2004 Electra Glide! “Orange pearl / black” 27,000miles (44,000km) on it
 I traded in my 10 FatBob Sedona orange for it

A dude here in Australia bought it new in the state’s and then toured the USA For a few months then imported back to Australia when he returned (I’m led to believe they were not for export to Australia at the time by Harley?)

I’m loving it the bike is in such a good condition I’m getting asked at traffic lights etc is this a new Harley or what year etc its gotta be the best colour combo Harley has made !!

SIKBIRD

• Elite CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • AL

• CVO1: 2004 FLHTCSE: Orange Pearl & Jet Black
Re: CVO 2004 Electra Glide
« Reply #1 on: July 06, 2021, 07:25:55 AM »

Welcome from the Heart of Dixie and congratulations on the new ride.  Glad to see another Pumpkin owner join the site!  There is tons on information about these bikes here on the site and with all the knowledge from current and former SEEG owners, you’re not likely to run across anything that hasn’t been covered or we can’t help you with.

As a gift to you for joining and the purchase of your new bike, if you will message me your email address I will send you the service manual (including the SEEG supplement) in pdf.  It’s rather large and will take a few emails to get the entire manual.

Btw, you’re bike looks to be in great shape and mostly stock (truly a rare find for a 17 year old motorcycle)
« Last Edit: July 06, 2021, 07:29:31 AM by SIKBIRD »

spydglide

• 10K CVO Member
  • spyder-psychle
« Reply #2 on: July 06, 2021, 10:36:36 AM »

congrats on the 'pumpkin' !!!  Looks to be bone stock except for maybe the taller windscreen.  Enjoy one ofthe best of the best CVO's.  :pumpkin: har!  spyder
2004 FLHTCSE Cobalt 'Huckleberry'  .....94K+mi.     &  1994 FLSTN 'OleGranny' .....116K+mi.

Fired00d

• Global Moderator
  • 25K CVO Member
  • Orange & Black SEEG... Can it get any better?
    • VA

• CVO1: FLHTCSE
« Reply #3 on: July 06, 2021, 01:03:10 PM »

Congrats on getting the best looking CVO ever made. Ok... I'm biased. :D

:pumpkin:
Ride Safe,
Fired00d
 :fireman:
:pumpkin: 2004 Screamin’ Eagle Electra Glide :pumpkin:
Rinehart True Duals
SE Breather
SE Race Tuner
HogTunes Speakers
Zippers 575 Gear Drive Cams
Zippers Pro-Tapered Adjustable Push Rods
Zippers Oil Pressure Bypass Shim
Feuling Oil Pump
Feuling Lifters
Zumo 550 W/Flame Caps
Lyndall Z+ Brake Pads
CVOHarley Member #1234
PGR Member #754 (Since '05)
Proud Member EBCM #2.0

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
  • EBCM #1.5 Emeritus DSP # ? Critter Gawker #?
    • MO

• CVO1: 2000 Triple Red Screamin' Eagle Road Glide
    • CVO2: 2002 Candy Brandywine Screamin' Eagle Road King
    • CVO3: 1999 Arresting Red FXR2
« Reply #4 on: July 06, 2021, 10:07:56 PM »

Congrats on the pumpkin SEEG.  The SEEGs are a great bike.  Once you get the conversion to right hand drive taken care of there is one more thing worth considering.  The engine you've got is a great piece.  Reliable and strong with no significant weak points in their history; except the cam tensioners.  You're in the mileage range it's worth swapping them out.  While in that far do cam shoes, inner cam bearings and (maybe) lifters.  It would suck to trash an engine due to worn out cam shoes.

TraumaSlave

• Senior CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • TN

« Reply #5 on: July 08, 2021, 07:06:39 AM »

Welcome from up above. Congrats on the new bike. I've never had a moment of regret after purchasing my 🍒. They are one of the best looking bike HD put out there. Hope it fives you many years of pleasure. Watch out for the roos.
A cat almost always blinks when hit in the head with a ball-peen hammer.

GregKhougaz

• It's a Two Wheeled World.
  • Global Moderator
  • 5k CVO Member
    • CA

• CVO1: '22 BMW Grand America
    • CVO2: '18 Porsche C4 GTS
    • CVO3: '22 Porsche Macan GTS and my mountain bike.
« Reply #6 on: July 08, 2021, 10:35:22 AM »

Congrats on the pumpkin SEEG.  The SEEGs are a great bike.  Once you get the conversion to right hand drive taken care of there is one more thing worth considering.  The engine you've got is a great piece.  Reliable and strong with no significant weak points in their history; except the cam tensioners.  You're in the mileage range it's worth swapping them out.  While in that far do cam shoes, inner cam bearings and (maybe) lifters.  It would suck to trash an engine due to worn out cam shoes.

Sage advice. Now you're beginning to see how CVOHarley.com helps you spend money.  :huepfenlol2:  :huepfenlol2:

"We've got some tall tales we love to tell.  They may not be true but we sure do remember them well." 
 Sawyer Brown

When you come to a fork in the road... take it!

Sycho1

• www.CVOHARLEY.com

« Reply #7 on: August 15, 2021, 05:36:52 AM »

Hi, thanks for the warm welcome!
I’m starting to find out owning a bright pearl orange and black bike has brought about a few issues that are not for the anti social or introverted I’m constantly being asked about the bike colour, what is it etc or just nice bike dude
I know 90% of Harleys are black or murdered out black ( I don’t have a problem with their choice of colour) mine just stands out from the crowd like a diamond in a goats ass
It’s funny I went into the local HD store to buy some shiny bits n pieces for my FatBob and rode out with the CVO 👍

Page created in 0.245 seconds with 21 queries.