Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: 2021 CVO  (Read 1379 times)

yardstick

• www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • TX

2021 CVO
« on: July 20, 2021, 09:27:29 PM »

Bought a 2021 CVO Streetglide in white.  Sound was mellow and not even deep or loud enough.  So then come the fullsac baffles....great sound and volume.  Now to the point.......looks like the bike essentially has an SE A/C and with the baffle change now could be considered stage 1.    As you know HD says remapping is required for stage one. Get there tuner and there is in fact a stage 1 map listed for this bike.

Prior to the retune at every stop EITMS kicks in.  After tune not so much. So it is running cooler.

My concern is twofold
1. Prior he maps for earlier years had the a/f ration in the 12.5.   Now the map is set to 14.5.  That is still in closed loop mode and I think to lean

2.  If you add mufflers it is running possible to lean and could result in burnt exhaust valves.  If they check and don’t see the correct download. Bet they void warranty

Para Bellum

• Si vis pacem, para bellum.
  • 1K CVO Member

• CVO1: '07 Canyon Copper FXSTSSE, '08 Crystal Copper SEUC
    • CVO2: '11 Slate/Blk SERGU, '18 Twisted Cherry RGU
Re: 2021 CVO
« Reply #1 on: July 20, 2021, 10:45:56 PM »

The EPA sued HD a few years ago and HD paid a huge fine and agreed to be good children from now on.  Part of "good kids" is that HD cannot sell a tune module that can change the most important parameters, like A/F ratio; HD also agreed not to delete the catalytic converters ("cats") and only to use EPA-approved fuel maps.  HD is required to void the warranty on any bike that has deleted the cats or used a non-EPA fuel map.

It sounds like you got the HD tuner ("Get there tuner and there is in fact a stage 1 map listed for this bike.), so the closest map to your setup w/ FS baffles is the HD Stage 1...and of course, it is blessed by the EPA...therefore it has the EPA-acceptable A/F ratio.

Since the FS baffles flow more than the stock HD, you're right that it's probably too lean -- but that's the requirement to keep your factory warranty.  And yes, you're also right that they void the warranty if there is, or was, a non-approved map ever installed.  The HD ECU sets a warning flag in the system that alerts the corporate database and the tech that the warranty is void.

Some people decide to say FTW (Warranty) and do what they want, while others have switched the ECU to aftermarket solutions, with the idea to switch back to the stock ECU if warranty work is needed.  Otherwise, it's checkmate on the bike.
If you want peace, prepare for war.

kojak

• 1K CVO Member
« Reply #2 on: July 21, 2021, 05:50:10 AM »

There are no after market tuners available for the 2021 ecm currently.
kojak
2022 CVO RGL
2022 Apex FLTRK Traded
2021 CVO Limited Bronze Armor Sold
2019 RGS Billiard Blue Traded
2017 CVO Limited Spiked Olive Traded
2016 CVO SG Stardust Traded
2013 CVO RG Atomic Orange Sold
2010 CVO SG Cobalt Sold
2007 CVO RK Blue Traded
2005 CVO EG Teal Traded
And some 20 other bikes over 45 years

glinkmeyer

• Full CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • OH

« Reply #3 on: July 23, 2021, 09:24:00 AM »

If you put another tuner on doesn’t it eliminate the ETMS. I put a thundermax tuner on my 13 and 16 CVO and after that I could not turn on the ETMS. You only have that option with the factory tuner, correct me if I’m wrong.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mr. Warlock

• Elite CVO Member

• CVO1: 2014 CVO Limited - unnamed
    • CVO2: 2011 Softail Convertable "Bourbon Betty" - Traded
    • CVO3: 2005 SE FatBoy - Sold
« Reply #4 on: July 24, 2021, 07:37:51 AM »

If you put another tuner on doesn’t it eliminate the ETMS. I put a thundermax tuner on my 13 and 16 CVO and after that I could not turn on the ETMS. You only have that option with the factory tuner, correct me if I’m wrong.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That is incorrect, TTS allows the ETMS to be turned on or off, not sure about powervision.
Lived hard and fast, laughed harder than humans have a right to and continue to do so.

Threephase

• Elite CVO Member
    • TX

• CVO1: 2017 CVO Streetglide Starfire/Atomic Red
« Reply #5 on: July 24, 2021, 09:27:27 AM »

Powervision retains the ETMS function as well.
« Last Edit: July 24, 2021, 07:45:33 PM by Threephase »
People call me Left. Because I ain’t Right.

r0de_runr

• Elite CVO Member
  • Officer Scott Noller RIP, 01/04/1989 - 12/28/2017
    • TX

• CVO1: 2019 Ultra Limited 114
    • CVO2: 2022 Heritage 114
    • CVO3: SOLD: 2014 Ultra Limited; SOLD: 2012 CVO Street Glide, SOLD 2016 BMW
    • Wichitagreg
« Reply #6 on: July 25, 2021, 08:28:22 AM »

Try XIEDs, what have you got to lose??

https://sales.nightrider.com/xied.html

Greg
formerly WichitaGreg
Lives in the TX Hill Country
AKA r0de_runr
Explore your VA Benefits:  http://1.usa.gov/1NPzKkM

Page created in 0.187 seconds with 21 queries.